PDA

View Full Version : my warp feed is giving me some trouble.

speedballbanks
03-21-2002, 03:43 PM
i seem to jam starballs pretty bad is there anyway i can still use starballs/or dry paint with out the warp jamming??? any help would be great if this is to techish let me know i will delete and move it.

PaInTbALL zAcH
03-21-2002, 03:56 PM
try oiling the disks and the hose

LaW
03-21-2002, 03:57 PM
i am so confused how this can happen to some people but not happen to others??????? yikes strange???

Butterfingers
03-21-2002, 03:59 PM
You can oil the wheels with paintball gun oil.

I don't know If im allowed to say this but I found it quite amusing, it works really well, and it is a legitimate tech tip.

My ex GF and I found out that "wet platinum" a silicone based substance works really well and stays on the WARP FEED wheels forever. If you know what "wet platinum" is.

Those who do know don't get any ideas.

Chupas2
03-21-2002, 04:00 PM
Break a ball and put the paint on your finger then prime the warp and touch the wheels to oil them up. That's the easiest way to try to fix that.

kilaueakid
03-21-2002, 04:01 PM
I see where you get your name "Butter" fingers!! Was the GF around when you signed up on AO? HEHE :D

kila

kilaueakid
03-21-2002, 04:03 PM
Do you have the aluminum diverter plate or the newer plastic plate?

Butterfingers
03-21-2002, 04:06 PM
LOL, na she wasent. But I see how the name fits :)

I should say Ex-GF. Im no longer with her now, but boy was she "crazy" and "crazy" girls dont make good long term partners. But BOY DID I HAVE FUN! She liked playing with "toys" and i'll just leave it at that...

You can call AGD up and get the wider plastic diverter plate for free.

speedballbanks
03-21-2002, 07:53 PM
umm what is a diverter plate ? maybe a picture would help but i think everything is pretty new like .

davej946
03-22-2002, 07:41 AM
But BOY DID I HAVE FUN! She liked playing with "toys" and i'll just leave it at that...
Holy Cow! You did NOT go there! I thought this was a family forum!!! :D

Nice, I'm off to the umm...bathroom...

hitech
03-22-2002, 12:13 PM
Here is a link to the Warp Exploded View:

http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=92&CATID=6

speedballbanks
03-22-2002, 02:48 PM
ooooh ok yeah mine is plastic is there any other possibilities what it could be?

hitech
03-22-2002, 05:41 PM
It is jaming where the hopper feeds into the warp or in the output to the hose. If it is in the input, you can oil the disks (using paint from a "broken" ball). If the paint is to big you can increase the space between the disks. To do this put some tape on the flat side of the center hub.

If it's in the output then I dunno.

Good luck. Let us know the results.

speedballbanks
03-24-2002, 12:30 PM
what it is the balls dont actually slip by the disks it just forces them into the other ones causing them to dimple and they break because they are misshapen so i don't know what to do.

Load SM5
03-24-2002, 01:34 PM
The balls are misshapen. Are you saying the warp deforms your paint?

I was always having trouible feeding all-stars until yesterday when I oiled down the wheels with a little paint fill. It worked better than great all day. And I have the old aluminum plate (did'nt even know about the plastic one)

speedballbanks
03-24-2002, 02:05 PM
yup the warp deforms the paint i guess because the balls are really brittle so it pushes another one into it and it dimples it but yeha i will try to put some paint fill on there because stars are my favorite paintballs.