PDA

View Full Version : minimag problem

kaner
03-21-2002, 06:13 PM
When shooting with my minimag, after about 15 shots the trigger seems to stick and co2 leaks out the barrel of the gun until the trigger comes back forward. I have cleaned the gun many of times and even took it to a local paintball store to get repaired and they could not find anything wrong, but the same problem of co2 leaking. does anyone know what the possible prob could be?

krafty
03-21-2002, 06:16 PM
Are you running the co2 tank on the gun? It sounds like you're getting liquid co2 in the valve, and it's freezing up. Is there a large cloud of vapor when you're shooting, or does it seem like it's 'spitting' out of the barrel prior to this happening?

kaner
03-21-2002, 06:24 PM
yea, running just co2.....it is spitting out of the barrel. I can wait 15 min and play again, and again after 15 or so shots co2 spits out of the barrel.

BlackVCG
03-21-2002, 06:25 PM
Is your tank setup on a bottom-line or vertical bottle setup?

If you have a bottom-line, does your tank have an anti-siphon tube? Do you have an Expansion Chamber?

Your problems indicate the valve is freezing. Let me know more about your setup and I'll get it fixed for you.

kaner
03-21-2002, 06:30 PM
the tank is just a basic 20oz tank, the gun is set up with bottom line feed with expansion chamber.

kaner
03-21-2002, 06:46 PM
so if it is a the valve freezing should compressed air be my fix?

PyRo
03-21-2002, 08:58 PM
Compressed air would fix your problem. Or you could set up your Co2 correctly, and be ok. You probably need a remote, expansion, antispyphon, or something along those lines.

krafty
03-21-2002, 09:36 PM
So it's a 20oz into a bottomline, which is connected to the vertical ASA? The problem is co2 getting sucked up into the AIR valve. This will be aggravated if you hold your gun with the barrel pointing down (so the co2 runs out of the tank and into all the hoses). BlackVCG can probably help you, but you have several options:

Anti-siphon tank
Regulator (like the palmer stabilizer) in the vertical ASA
Expansion chamber in the vertical ASA
Run your gun on remote

and the one everyone here seems to like spewing... get compressed air/nitrogen