PDA

View Full Version : New LP AGD Valve & SP Valve

HyperSnyper
03-21-2002, 06:21 PM
OK Guys,

been doing some reading up on the new aluminum valve made for Manny's gun. I would like some input. I understand that this is a new ALL Almunim valve to lighten the gun a bit. The air chamber has also been enlargened to allow more volume for compensation inorder to run at a lower pressure. The bolt spring will be heavier to slow the bolt down to help lower the chance of breaks.

What I would like to know is, why and how is different from the Smart Parts Magic Box? It has added volume to the air chamber? How is this different? I have also called AKALMP long long time ago when I was in the LP craze. He has an old valve, pre-level 7 AIR, where the powertube unscrews. He grinded off metal to allow for lower volume, If I remember correctly, he said it operated at low 300's High 200's. I need to call him again.

What is the new operating pressure of the new valve? I heard someone say 375. My valve operates at 375 right now as is. I heasrd the SmartParts Magic Box operates at 325. If a Superbolt was added in, would this allow for a lower pressure, since they say adding one will cause a velocity jump?

Cmon guys, AGD, Mods, techies, LMK.

-Hyper

Minimag4me
03-21-2002, 06:32 PM
i know one thing, the smart valve had shootdown(im told) and the new valve will be in retro/rt format so it wont have shootdown or anything. It is going to have a different powertube tip, bolt spring, bolt. I didnt ask about gas efficiency but i would imagine it wouldnt be any less efficient(due to the bolt/powertube setup=no blowback).

headcase
03-21-2002, 07:04 PM
Ok this is what I get........

First everyone has said over and over that the new mods to the Valve will make it "LP". Lowering the operating pressure of the marker is not the focal point of the changes TK is making. The Focal point is the ball breakage, which it seams is mostly because of bolt speed and material, not the pressure with which the ball is fired.

One of the things that I've heard said a couple times is in reference to the new bolt assembly(bolt and spring) Now what changes has been made I don't know, but it has been hinted that it is something fairly different than the current mags. Also I've heard that the powertube tip has been reshaped.

Also it has been said many times that Manny's SFL is just a platform for the prototype work, and not everything used on it will neccessarily make production.

Anything that is posted is all going to be guess work until TK releases the infomation. Everyone that has seen the prototypes is pretty well trusted by TK to keep their mouth shut until TK says it's OK.