PDA

View Full Version : I've Got An Idea On How To Fix The Problem With The AutoMag Arching The Balls

GallagherAtWar
03-21-2002, 09:03 PM
i read this in another post but no one really cared

its dealing with the problem of the automag arching the ball:

what the thing is that the ball dent in the mag is on the bottem and i think that that makes the ball not perfectly center so that it is hit and it goes up

a guy said that his typoon had three bumps so that the ball sits in the center perfectly making it have less arch

heres a test pic to try to explain the O is the ball the
^--- is the ball dent

O
^------

well may just for get the text pic

Chri$$

Poseidon
03-21-2002, 09:09 PM
The wegdits in a PPS barrel are to keep the ball from rolling down the barrel. The ball detent (nubin) shouldn't accfect the arch of the ball. If you want it to shoot flat get a Z-body.

Miscue
03-21-2002, 09:36 PM
AIYEE! If the thing shoots out at 300fps, it has an identical trajectory as any other gun shooting at 300fps.

Mags do not have an 'arcing problem.'

GallagherAtWar
03-22-2002, 06:07 AM
i know the nubbing wont spin the ball but the ball roll up on to it so the its at the top of the barrel the when it is fired it hits it and the ball isnt in the center so the ball arches

is there away to test this??

Butterfingers
03-22-2002, 06:42 AM
AHHHH!!!!

If you benchmount a mag and any other gun set them to the same velocity then fire, the trajectories will be IDENTICAL at any given range.

Simply the problem does not exist.

Didn't being on AO teach you ANYTHING about real life physics?

Miscue
03-22-2002, 09:32 AM
My Mag whistles Dixie - plays the next note after every shot - because of the sudden burst of air passing around the nubbin... is there a way I can make it play to a different tune? :) For real!

athomas
03-22-2002, 09:52 AM
If you are having problems with the ball rolling up on the nubbin, then your barrel is way too big for the paint you are shooting. Use the proper size barrel diameter for the paint you are shooting and you will have no accuracy or range problems.

hitech
03-22-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by GalligerAtWar
is there away to test this??

Sure, take the nubbin out and shoot it. You'll notice the paintball followes the same path.

GallagherAtWar
03-22-2002, 08:11 PM
any 1 have a z body for sale?

PyRo
03-22-2002, 09:28 PM
Go to the classifieds and look around, I know ive seen them before.

Panzerr
03-23-2002, 11:14 AM
Problem? What problem? I think it's great. You can lob paintballs in behind bunkers at longer ranges. You can hit what you don't see.

drx975
03-23-2002, 01:08 PM
Problem? What problem? I think it's great. You can lob paintballs in behind bunkers at longer ranges. You can hit what you don't see.

So true man. Not only can you lob paintballs in behind bunkers, but I have actually done it before. It was an incredibly quick shot, I came up shot and went back down all in 1/4--1/2 of a second, about. I stayed low until the kid called himself out and I was like, Whaaat?! Apparently the ball sunk down just enough to catch my friend as he was ducking behind the bunker. Got him right in the face. :)