PDA

View Full Version : MO AO'rs

Doobie
03-22-2002, 12:19 AM
Would any Ao'rs in the central MO area be interested in a meet/play sometime. I'm at Ft. Wood and can play in Rolla, St. Louis, or Springfield.

zvanut
03-22-2002, 07:21 AM
im from st. louis.

an AO meet would be fine but someone needs to set it up.

lopxtc
03-22-2002, 08:09 AM
Hey guys I am from St. Louis, and my team is always looking for some more people to come and play. If you are interested let me know ... we play mostly at Gateway, Wildcat, and Xtreme ... but can travel to other places also, so its not to big a deal.

Aaron

martlet1
03-22-2002, 10:36 AM
Hey, I played up at extreme this summer in the Friday Night league........Were you there lop?
I play out of Cape Girardeau, 1:30 From STL.

lopxtc
03-22-2002, 10:39 AM
No unfortunately I wasnt ... Friday nights are kind of tough for me and several of the other team players ... we mostly do Sundays and Saturdays ...
We are going to Wildcat in two Sundays (Easter Sunday) ... its a little bit into Illinois, but its a really good field.

Aaron

Doobie
03-22-2002, 10:59 AM
I have played a Gateway and Xtreme. I'm gonna see if we can get more people to post before I try and set anything up.

Oddball
03-22-2002, 11:02 AM
I am from the Chicago area but am going to school at SIU in Carbondale (Il). I could come up STL sometime and play. It is just too far of a drive to make normally since I haven't been to any feilds up there yet so I don't know how good they may be. Also, how far from Carbondale is Wildcat? Thanks.

Vegeta
03-22-2002, 11:15 AM
I live in St. Francios county, about 50 miles south of STL... I can't drive so I don't play up there... but..

I am for sure headingout to Mildstadt IL, where Xtreme Paintball Park is... its about 10 minutes east of the JB bridge... if anyone plays/has played there let me know, I'd like to know how they are.

I might convince one of my parents to drive me up there for a day of play, lemme know and I'll try to make it sometime.

Tack
03-22-2002, 11:36 AM
I live in the Columbia/Jeff City area, and my field owner is pro Mags ever since I got one. I can talk to him if you want. I paly at Battle Creek near Kingdom City. I know it's kinda a drive for some of you from down south but it is almost half way between St. Louis and KC. Let me know.

Ice-Child
03-22-2002, 01:40 PM
I play both of the Wacky Warriors fields heavily. I have played Xtreme and didnt like it myself. They have two fields that are nice. Other then that, thats it. I tried Wildcats. But for the drive I have to put in. It isnt worth it. They are anything sepcial. I may tend to be more towards Wacky Warriors because of my sponsor. Either way I say that in the St Louis area they are about the best fields to go to.

At least in my eyes.

lopxtc
03-22-2002, 02:28 PM
Most of my team is in STL itself ... Battle Creek I know of, and we could do that like once ever other month ... as for Xtreme and Wildcat and Gateway those are the closest to us. Wildcat is located in the Livingston/New Douglas area ... exit 37 going towards Chicago from Saint Louis ..

http://www.wildcatpaintball.com

Aaron

lopxtc
03-22-2002, 02:37 PM
Actually as a matter of fact, my team is having a practice session on Easter Sunday ... any of you who wish to come down to Wildcat can join with us for practice ... and if you are looking to join a team we are looking for more people all the time.

Let me know.

Aaron
Captain
Team Mostly Harmless
http://www.geocities.com/lopxtc [temp site]

Tack
03-22-2002, 02:38 PM
Battle Creek is a good field, I can talk to the owner and it shouldn't be a problem. However, if you all want to do it in StL or where ever let me know, I am all over it as long as I have enough warning to get off work.

lopxtc
03-22-2002, 02:48 PM
Tack --
I am sorry I didnt mean to make it sound like I was bad mouthing Battle Creek ... I know its a great field ... just ment to say that in order for us to make it that we would need a couple weeks notice ....

Sorry for the confusion.

Aaron

Skoad
03-22-2002, 06:10 PM
Yo
Im in Rolla at school right now but home is lil south of STL in House Springs. Rolla just got a new all indoor field, haven't checked it out yet tho

Tack
03-22-2002, 06:25 PM
Lopxtc,

No offence taken, I wasn't even thinking like that, I was just kinda saying for anyone who didn't know much about the field. I can't do it untill May or June unfortunatlly unless the date falls on a weekend I am off next month. My department makes their schedules a month in advance and it is really difficult for me to get a date changed.

I guess it really depends on what type of games we all like to play. Battle Creek has one speedball field right now but they are working on a couple more. They have three really good woods fields, one of which is really like a speedball field with trees. It is open of most undergrowth but is larger then a SB field.

RATM
03-22-2002, 07:55 PM
Anyone here play at Bushwackers?

Doobie
03-23-2002, 10:19 AM
Have not played at bushwakers yet, but it looks like a mostly woods field. Not saying that is a bad thing. I watched the video on their home page and it loooks like they put some work in there.
Skoad- I just played at the new indoor place last night. It's called Outer Limits Paintball. It's a little on the small side (more than 5 on 5 starts getting a little crowded) but well maintained. It has a viewing area, snack bar, and a small pro-shop. $15 with your gear, $15-500balls diablo midnight, $18-500balls Blaze.
Not bad for a couple of hours of paintball.

I'm really encouraged by this thread. It may be a few weeks before I can arrange anything. Keep an eye out for a poll post for dates and locations.
:D

RATM
03-23-2002, 12:50 PM
I've only ever played at Bushwackers(really wanting to try Gateway soon) but I love the fields. Woodsball is great and they have plenty of nice large fields for huge crowds. They also have a beach assault a la D-Day. And they have a couple of speedball courses which is nice. I'm actually playing there the Sunday after easter if any AO'rs are gonna be up there ;)

zvanut
03-24-2002, 04:30 PM
im with ice and say wacky warriors west. i am also sponsored and me talkin to the owner would be no problem.

Oddball
03-24-2002, 04:36 PM
I should be in St Louis the Saturday after Easter looking for a place to play. Which field do you guys recommend checking out? I like speedball more then woods and BYOP is a must, I got to use up some of my old paint. Wacky Warriors East looks pretty good, what do you think? Thanks.

Oddball
03-26-2002, 11:41 AM
Well after looking online again, Xtreme paintball looks very sweet. Their feilds look very nice and they are the same price as Wacky Warriors. I think this is the feild ihad heard about a few years ago when they were building it. I heard that they raked out the rocks from the dirt to make sure that it was like a nice football or soccer feild and not just an empty lot that people but bunkers in. Whichever one I go to, I think I will need to check out the other one later on this semseter.

Tack
03-27-2002, 11:32 PM
Don't mean to be pushy but has anyone figured out any possible dates yet? I think this sounds like a good plan but I need to know when and where as soon as possible. Unless the date falls on a weekend I am off next month I probablly will not be able to go but If it is not untill May or so then I can put in for the days off now. Make sure that it is not on the same weekend as D-Day, you may not get as many show up.

lopxtc
03-28-2002, 06:02 AM
A couple other places to check out in the Saint Louis area;

http://www.wildcatpaintball.com/
http://www.gatewaypaintball.com/
http://www.xtremepaintballpark.com/

Battle Creek seems to be a kewl place, and one we have been planning to check out sometime.

My team is well known at Wildcat and we can arrange for us and any one from here that shows to be able to play seperate from Open Play without any additional costs or notice to the field.

Aaron

Doobie
03-28-2002, 09:22 PM
Here is the deal guys. I am a Drill Sergeant at Ft. Leonard Wood, MO. As it is, I put this thread up to see if there would be any interest. There obviously is! I won't plan it during D-day, because I'm going too! We might be able to get together at D-DAy and have an AO team! I could put a Banner up near my tent so we could all locate one another. LMK if you would like that.
Now I think St. Louis is the best place for a MO AO meet. I will put up a poll thread called "MO AO Loacation Poll". I think we should get a consensus on where we should go and then work on when.
I just started a new batch of privates and won't have a Sunday free for about three weeks. So there is your time frame. I think we should establish a location first.What do yA' think.:confused: ?

Tack
03-28-2002, 11:53 PM
Any time from the 27th of April on is good as long as I have enought time to ask off. As for the AO idea at D-Day, I would be up for it but Battle Creek has been invited to be part of a special unit attached to the 82nd Airborne. If that dosn't work out I am all for a seperate AO Team.

Oddball
03-29-2002, 07:49 AM
Info on this event? Place, date, prices? thanks

Tack
03-29-2002, 01:05 PM
www.oklahomadday.com Check out the D-Day 2002 section. I think it is 60 to play, plus paint. D-Day is one of the largest scenario/big games out there.

Doobie
03-30-2002, 08:08 AM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30649&highlight=MO+AO
Started a poll about where to have a meet. Go and vote.
I'll get back to you all aon the D-Day thing. I might put up a banner and have all AO'ers meet at my tent. Even if we don't play together, just to say Hi!
:D