PDA

View Full Version : Having Retro Valve Problems

Ice-Child
03-22-2002, 01:48 PM
I am kinda new to Mags. So here is my problem:
My son runs a mag on remote. I put a Retro Valve on it and it stopped working. When you hook the air to it it just hiss's past the valve. Like it doesnt have enough pressure to cock the valve into place. If this is the probelm. Can someone tell me what I can do to keep it on the remote. I went through to much crap to set him up that way. Only to have to put it back on a drop forward and tank on gun set up. He wants the remote. I want him to stay with remote.

Someone please help.

Army
03-22-2002, 01:53 PM
Insert a soft rod (stick, tooth brush) into the front of the gun and push the bolt back to full-cock. The RT needs a fast rush of air to cock right away, simply screwing in a bottle may not do it.:cool:

Gunga
03-22-2002, 01:55 PM
You're running compressed air with that remote setup I hope? Retros aren't suppsoed to be run on CO2.

An alternative to Army's method of gas up is to hold down the trigger and then gas up the gun.

Let us know if this stuff's worked for you! :)

Hey...how's that for AO service? 2 responses to your problem/question within 7 minutes of your initial posting. :D

gothicel
03-22-2002, 03:30 PM
problem on my new setup too. Like Army said, use a soft rod to push the rod back a little while turning the air on. I have tried holding the trigger too but that doesn't seems to work with mine. but definitely pushing the cocking rod a little as you air up is the way to cock the rod. it's so the sear catches the ledge of the rod, I think.

Ice-Child
03-22-2002, 03:57 PM
I will have to try that as soon as I make it home.

Ice-Child
03-22-2002, 04:18 PM
He is running it on a 47/3000 Nitro Duck tank. Not Co2.

soilent green
03-22-2002, 05:06 PM
yea I had that prob when I first started I thought my on/off was bad you just need a quick burst of air If you buy a proconnect you can air up then pop the air on that works the best

Ice-Child
03-27-2002, 01:08 PM
That works. Thanks.