PDA

View Full Version : Is support from a store worth $50 extra for RT pro

JEDI
03-22-2002, 01:57 PM
If I could get the RT pro for 590 on the net, is it worth paying $640 at a store for tech help, and support with the new gun? Is it generally better to get a gun from a place you can actually go to if you have any problems?

headcase
03-22-2002, 02:07 PM
I personally think it is worth it.

I wish I had a local store to support.

Mink06
03-22-2002, 06:19 PM
If that store has a field, you might think some of the profit will go into the field to make it better. So if you're planning on playing there allot I would do it.

Predater
03-22-2002, 07:06 PM
i agree with the above. the teck suport is only helpfull if they now how to work on mags. so if they dont and you dont use there field then buy it elseware. i payed extra when i baught my mag. they new how to work on them and i didnt so it was helpfull.

Panzerr
03-23-2002, 11:07 AM
Heck no!!!

You can get all the tech support you need here on AO! You could also call AGD directly. They have the best customer service in the industry.

the JoKeR
03-23-2002, 07:31 PM
While I like the low prices available mail-order, many items are worth more to me because I know I'll get support from the local I buy it from. My RT was bought used from a local source. ANY problem I have I can go back to him for help. If I had bought it on-line, in my opinion he wouldn't have to do much other than smile and say "hmmm, never heard of that one before. Better check with the guys you bought it from". I almost bought a Bushy from him, but spent $15 more to get a faded Defiant on-line instead, as I'm confident in my ability to fix it myself if needed. The RT was my first "high-end" gun and I wanted support that didn't involve a long distance call.

mrhooie
03-23-2002, 10:59 PM
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL DEALER!!

well, I am one - so that helps....

I try to match online prices, but can't all the time.

But, buy a marker from me and you have NO WORRIES in problems and fixes..

Buy parts and stuff from someone else and you'll better belive there's no freebies thrown your way.

Oregon_pb_
03-24-2002, 12:37 AM
mrhooie : hit the nail on the head. When you buy locally a *good* field/store will take a malfunctioning device, fix it themselves or send it off and eat the shipping charge to get it replaced. I cover all parts i sell from malfunctions and will replace if required. But when you buy online if you have any problems with the gun, generally you have to send off either to them or to manufacturer to get fixed. You usually pay shipping both ways.

Also, alot of stores/ field will match prices, JUST ASK. i get tons of people that say they found an awsome deal online, so they buy a couple of the given item... Most the time it turns out that item is on clearance from the manufacturer so your local store will still be able match, or beat.

just FYI