PDA

View Full Version : all guys from michigan come here

Tim Jacobitz
03-22-2002, 03:09 PM
I am from muskegon and was wondering who else is from the great state of Michigan. Also tell me where you are from and where you play.

Potatoboy
03-22-2002, 03:12 PM
From Ferndale a Detroir suburb, Usually play at Futureball indoor in Livonia, maybe at Hell's Survivors this summer or Futureball outdoor.

wyn1370
03-22-2002, 03:27 PM
waterford (west of pontiac). usually play at hells, futureball (outdoor), or lone wolf (lapeer)

krafty
03-22-2002, 05:41 PM
I'm from Holland...

I play at M40 in Holland occasionally, Colors in Fremont, and mostly at Woodland in Belding.

Sqweezer
03-22-2002, 06:40 PM
West Bloomfield/Birmingham area.. play at futureball indoor and outdoor, hells, and paintball arena of warren(very nice but semi unheard of).

My team (Fuel) is sponsered by them, they also sponser detroit impact..

Potatoboy
03-22-2002, 07:10 PM
Is PAW still open?

I heard they closed.

mongrel
03-22-2002, 07:34 PM
i live in marlette. 70 miles north of detroit.
i play at michigan paintball oulet in lapeer.

Fred
03-22-2002, 07:42 PM
I play where ever Wyn is playing, since I have to constantly remind him that Pumps CAN kick butt. :p
And he lets me borrow his wicked Minimag sometimes... :D

I play at HSI, and Futureball most, I've played at the Arena, but for that price I can play 2x as often at the other two.... 75$ for half a case of paint?!?!?!

Futureball, April 20! Free day!!!

have a good one guys,

Potatoboy
03-22-2002, 07:46 PM
Fred, I think you're confusing paintball arena of warren, PAW (owned by Chuck, good guy, formerly WAP) with Paintball arena of pontiac (insane prices, bad workers)

drboo
03-22-2002, 07:51 PM
Grand Rapids, Michigan.

I'll play wherever the **** anyone wants to play. Probably Colors this summer.

Sqweezer
03-22-2002, 07:53 PM
Potato Boy- PAW has been closed because the owner(chuck) didn't really want to work on the field or run it much anymore. Ian(our captain and head ref) got a bunch of people together to clean it up. We're in the process of putting up netting, etc. If you come out when its done I can hook you up with free registration/air and some playing with our team or part of it. They have REALLY different outdoor fields, if you have only been there when they had indoor you def. have to check it out.

This goes for pretty much anyone else around here..

Potatoboy
03-22-2002, 07:57 PM
I was playing there right when the mound field was starting to be built. I played on it in it's infancy. I had a "Team membership" one of the $50 free registration things. It's a great field, indoor and outdoor at the same place. If someone reopens it and doesn't jack prices through the roof I'd be very happy.

Fred
03-22-2002, 09:54 PM
I was thinking about the Paintball Arena of Pontiac...

There is another one in Warren? Cool!
That's not that far from where i goto school (University of Detroit Mercy...).

Potatoboy lives just a little bit north of my school... I eat dinner a lot in Ferndale, good restaurants!

Potatoboy
03-22-2002, 10:00 PM
About three miles away, I used to work down the street too, I live right near 9 and Livernois, I drove past UoDM on my way to work every day.

PAW was not affiliated with Pontiac at all (thank god) and is apparently closed, but I swear if I can help getting it back open I will. It's a sweet field at 9.5 and Mound. Indoor and outdoor!

And yes, Ferndale has great restaruants. WAB, Xhedos, Marias, Toast, etc...

Fred
03-22-2002, 11:41 PM
We usually goto China Ruby, and Bangkok Cafe... Maria's I've been to 1 time, and it's a bit too expensive for students... but really really good...

Hambo Coney Island is great for lunch too! (too bad it's ONLY open for lunch...)

If this GOOD Arena re-opens, I'd recommend a name change, and lots of publicity to put the losers in pontiac on notice that we like cheap paint! :)

Potatoboy
03-22-2002, 11:45 PM
heh, dinner at wab on mondays is half off....

hambo's has and always will be absolutely disgusting... you gotta love it!

agreed on the name change, and I hope someone gets the field off the ground.

I like seeing an outdoor field in the city, it just makes me feel all tingly.

Mantis
03-23-2002, 12:36 AM
There's a group of about 6-7 of us up here in Rochester Hills (nobody else reads AO, so I'll speak for them). We just played at Futureball indoor tonight (and wooped, if I do say so myself) and we usually play at Hell's during the summer. 'Cept one of our players just blew his knee out tonight :(
It's a shame about the Pontiac indoor place, it's pretty close to where I live. Almost every time I go climbing next door, I think, if that place didn't have ridiculous prices...

Potatoboy
03-23-2002, 12:42 AM
How'd you like Futureball Indoor? The sand is a little overwhelming, but I think it's a decent field.

Yeah, Pontiac is crazy, 150 a case is just robbery.

Mantis
03-23-2002, 01:12 AM
It's seems like a pretty decent place, we had a pretty good time. Maybe partially because once I got everything working, I kicked some butt :)
The sand is a bit too much, since it sticks to everything... and it may have contributed partially to my friend hurting his knee, since it can form a slippery layer when it's thin.

Sqweezer
03-23-2002, 08:46 AM
There is no more indoor at PAW. Only 2 outdoor fields. The other outdoor field(not the mound field) is really cool.

Mantis- Are you one of them fellows who is sponsered by mantis and plays for team mayhem(I think thats the name)?

Any of you ever go to battlegrounds(the store)?

wyn1370
03-23-2002, 08:53 AM
A field in warren would be great. Let us know when you get it up and running again, or let me know if you need some help and I'll grab fred and a few other friends. I would love to find a field that has good refs and decent prices. I really like lone wolf, one of my favorite places to play, but it's too expensive.

Sqweezer
03-23-2002, 09:48 AM
Our tournament team will be running the field, so theres no worries on bad reffing.. prices will be around 85-95 for a case...semi expensive, but we gotta get paid..

wyn1370
03-23-2002, 09:54 AM
when is the field going to open up? And what's the address or website if there is one? I'm gonna try to get out every free weekend this summer, so I'm sure I'll come check it out.

Mantis
03-23-2002, 11:10 AM
Sqweezer- Nope, I was Mantis before Mantis Paintball Gear existed, I'm pretty sure.
The battlegrounds store is pretty cool, depending on who's there I think. A couple of the people were pretty cool to talk to, but one time I went in there and the guy acted like I was bothering him or something.

Sqweezer
03-23-2002, 11:15 AM
Yeah.. they are usually really cool and help you out with things.

wyn-- I dunno the address offhand. We are putting a website together as we speak.

Something came up yesterday about the owner(chuck) selling the field to dave(from the freak factory team) and we may lose sponsership. If that happens, dave has total control and the field can either go way up or way down. I will give you guys updates..