PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Viewloader

rhkicker
03-22-2002, 04:57 PM
Does anyone know how to replace the springs for the hopper. I have gotten some replacements but I can't seem to get the hopper to open the lid with the spring like a normal hopper would. If someone can help me out to offer some input on why the installation isn't working properly it would be appreciated. I'm hoping someone out there has had to do this before for their hopper.

PyRo
03-22-2002, 09:45 PM
If its easy to get in, your probably doing it wrong. It can be a real pain to get it in right. Basically just mess with it untill you get it. You don't have to put all the screws in to test it, just hold the shells together.

Army
03-22-2002, 11:54 PM
The left shell (looking from the lid forward), has a slot for the "hook" end of the spring, put the spring on the lids hinge rod and insert the "hook" end with rod into the shell, but not all the way.

Using a pick, or pencil point, carefully pull the 90degree bent end (longer end) towards you until it clears the side and lay it against the inside of the "arm" part of the lid.

Carefully push the lid and hinge pin/spring all the way into the left shell, and then attach the right shell being careful to seat the hinge pin into that side.

A little dexterity with the pick (and another hand!), and the parts should all go together. Army:cool: