PDA

View Full Version : why nitro

fartonmyear
03-22-2002, 08:41 PM
if nitro tanks costs a lot and they son't last but a couple years why get them?

HoppysMag
03-22-2002, 08:56 PM
they get better pressure consistancy, which helps to stablise velocity. also, it makes you look like you know what you are doing, and also makes you look more profesional.... im sure there are more reasons but im tired so... someone ele can help ya

topekoms
03-22-2002, 09:01 PM
i know some people that use compressed air but to tell truth i an just as accurate and consistant with my SL68II running on co2 with a remote and regulater...

i have played games with my friends mag (mini mag on compressed air) and a 68 classic mag PF (running on co2 with and expansion chamber remote and no reg)

in all honesty i didnt notice any differences except the HPA tanks have to be filled a bunch and they are VERY heavy when directly on your gun which i dont like and compressed air seems funky to me... it is however cleaner and that is a benefit but i doubt there is that much of a performance increase with compressed air. i sure didnt see it...

the benefits to compressed air i think are exaggerated by most. what i do believe is that it is cleaner than co2 but i wont say that a compressed air system will be better than a co2 system soley based on the fact that is has compressed air...

Wayland Fong
03-22-2002, 09:09 PM
they only last a couple years!? since when!?!?

FooTemps
03-22-2002, 09:20 PM
Hmmm... I seem to notice that most of the guns I have used so far get shootdown on co2. Heck, the piranha I used dropped down to about 180 and then spiked back up to 250(which i originally set it at). Not to mention you can ruin parts with co2 at high rof. You see the angel? It is CA/N2 only because it has high rof and it might freeze the components inside if you use co2.

fartonmyear
03-22-2002, 09:24 PM
on the tank it says the date you have to get the tank tested by. nitro tanks last three years from the date they are made. After the tank expires you can send it away to be hydrotested and if it passes it is good for another three years. http://hydrotesters.com. the date it expires is on the label somewhere.

epterry
03-22-2002, 09:44 PM
co2 hates cold weather :D

MAGS own YOU
03-22-2002, 09:49 PM
Most tanks now a-days are 5 year re-hyrdro. And to sum it up, C02 bytes!

LaW
03-22-2002, 10:05 PM
tanks have a life span of 15 years i believe. Older tanks have to be tested every 3 and the new ones now are 5year tanks.

I believe co2 tanks have to be tested every 5 years as well :)

FeelTheRT
03-22-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by LaW

I believe co2 tanks have to be tested every 5 years as well :)

yep, CO2 tanks have to be re-hydroed after 5 years. you can see the hydro date on teh bottom of 7-14oz co2 tanks.

20oz hydrodate might be on the bottom as wel but i'm not sure, it might be on top.

fartonmyear
03-22-2002, 10:53 PM
so if i get nitro i would be good for 5 years? and by 5 years i would have enough money to buy another one.

LaW
03-22-2002, 10:59 PM
whats wrong with rehydroing it???? nothing... i've had a tank rehydro'd more then 3 times.

CleenSweep
03-22-2002, 11:03 PM
I use a Nitroduck tuffskin with the five year date. I play alot of cold weather paintball as well. Most of the guys that I play with blow seals or have problems in the cold weather because they are using C02. I have never had a problem.

fartonmyear
03-22-2002, 11:47 PM
the problem is that it costs money

Nitroduck
03-22-2002, 11:47 PM
Why nitrogen?

Works in cold weather MUCH better. With most Co2 tanks, your gun can be in-opperable at cold temperatures....Co2 has an effective range of 40-100* f. , Nitrogen (or HPA), has an effective range of -40-170*........Much better range. Also, you do NOT get the pressure fluxes Co2 tanks do......Very good if you play compeditively, you dont want to come off the field shooting 350 when you went in at 290, do you?

Nitrogen tends to be much more consistant due to the fact they use a regulator (main reason why Co2 is cheaper), most Co2-used setups, even with regulators get +/- 5fps or so, at best. With Nitrogen, a bad setup is around +/- 5fps....And you can get +/- 0.5fps in some cases.

For some people, Nitrogen is easier to fill, I know it is for me. For $60, you can buy a nitrogen fill station, then rent a scuba tank (for about $10/day), and get enough fills for your whole team.

Nitrogen tanks last 15 years.......18 for tuffskins. They just need to be re-hydroed every 3 or 5 years.

LaW
03-22-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by fartonmyear
the problem is that it costs money

what costs money? rehydroing? rehydro is 20 dollars - 40 dollars

dogEmedic
03-23-2002, 09:10 AM
Buy a new tank in five years, come on $35 to get it rehydroed, or $150 plus to buy a new tank. As long as you don't beat your tank on a rock everyday your tank will pass.