PDA

View Full Version : Could i put in a trigger set screw?

Bykerkyle
03-22-2002, 10:27 PM
Do you guys think that I could put a set screw in my trigger guard to shorten the play of my trigger. This would use a set screw so it would be adjustable. Check out the picture for an visual of what i want to do! The red is where the hole would be drilled through my trigger guard and then i would screw a set screw up through that. Do you think that this would work? Thanx for the help!

Cha0tic
03-22-2002, 10:41 PM
i do not suggets it unless you are using a benchmark frame. not letting the trigger move its full travel messes up the timing of the gun, and you may shortstroke until you are used to the new trigger.

ShinyGuy
03-23-2002, 01:34 AM
You should have no problems with what you are proposing. Once the sear releases there is no need to pull the trigger further. Short stroking if caused by not fully releasing the trigger.

Predater
03-23-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by ShinyGuy
You should have no problems with what you are proposing. Once the sear releases there is no need to pull the trigger further. Short stroking if caused by not fully releasing the trigger.

glad to know that somone else nows what short stroking is. and itl work. ive got a fie frames laying around like that. but i did it to all 45 frames. i dont like the standered frame.

PaintSniper02
03-24-2002, 10:58 AM
i did that exact same thing to mine eccept i went in from the bottom of the trigger guard. my rate of fire doubled, and i have yet to short stroke the thing. I can't even perposly short stroke it!

PyRo
03-24-2002, 08:46 PM
Its the same thing as messing with the trigger rod. It can mess up your gun.