PDA

View Full Version : I Am very sorry ....

nastymag
03-23-2002, 01:56 AM
yesterday i posted a topic... in whitch i ment to critasize some things going on a soem company booths. i reread what i wrote and noticed a really sounded like i was bashing lesbians .. and had a problem the that.

in fact i have a lesbain roommate. but thats not what i ment, i have no problem with peoples privet lives or anything of the sort. or sex in adds , i dont see anything bad with this either.
when i used the word two girls kissing i ment , that they are using a fantasy most men have and putting it in the public. they are using it as an advertisment in public, what would happen if i took my younger cousins orr my mom to the event where both pics to place, im sure it turned away many parents and future paintballers.

please i didnt mean to critasize any bodys preferances in sex. im am very sorry.

Tunaman
03-23-2002, 06:15 AM
given the sex, drugs, ghetto crap music, bad langauge, poor sportmanship that has become common in paintball, I don't see the sport ever becomming as big as it should...2 girls kissing in public sure doesn't help it much...:confused: :mad:

Hemlock86
03-23-2002, 09:51 AM
The thing I think is holding paintball back is the people who play it and the poor fields. Most of the speedballers at our field are gutter-mouth punks. And the the field club house is wicked ghetto.....

peace

thecavemankevin
03-23-2002, 04:01 PM
so did the thread get deleted?

by the way, i still think you are right, that garbage dosn't belong in paintball!

toymyster
03-23-2002, 04:22 PM
Hear Hear, and until that kind of crap gets cleaned up, paintball will not be accepted as a legitimate sport!!!

Cliffio
03-23-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by toymyster
Hear Hear, and until that kind of crap gets cleaned up, paintball will not be accepted as a legitimate sport!!!

just like drug use in most major league sports?

you can't blame it on what in the sport

toymyster
03-23-2002, 04:34 PM
When you look around, people judge a sport by the kind of people who play it!!! Look at how the average person looks at skateboarding, versus, I don't know, Tennis!!! Truth of the matter is, unless we as paintball players act like sporstmen, our sport will be looked at in the "Just something disfunctional teenagers do" category!! Yes, the whole "extreme sport" image is good, and can be appealing, but the sport as a whole, IMHO, lacks class!!! And untill that is changed, our sport will not be nearly as big as it can be!!!

Cliffio
03-23-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by toymyster
When you look around, people judge a sport by the kind of people who play it!!! Look at how the average person looks at skateboarding, versus, I don't know, Tennis!!! Truth of the matter is, unless we as paintball players act like sporstmen, our sport will be looked at in the "Just something disfunctional teenagers do" category!! Yes, the whole "extreme sport" image is good, and can be appealing, but the sport as a whole, IMHO, lacks class!!! And untill that is changed, our sport will not be nearly as big as it can be!!!

i agree there are just some things that you can't really say because of the fact that its true in most sports, but fact is that these are already mainstream sports

FooTemps
03-23-2002, 05:03 PM
I still say that selling stuff with sex ads is really dumb. I know that having models to show off clothes makes sense but having models to show off paintball guns is kinda overdoing the "sex sells" thing. Heck, I bet any booth could get attention by getting a couple to start making out right in front of the booth. It's not hard to notice that kind of stuff because it's just sticks out. Any kind of attention is good for the booth because it'll eventually draw people into looking at the stuff they're advertising.

Edit: I just wanted to say that people don't always sell clothes with sexy people either. I mean, just look at those LAME gap commercials from 1998 to 2000... Stupid dance knock offs actually helped sell GAP stuff...