PDA

View Full Version : Building an Automag...

Justified Machismo
03-24-2002, 02:40 AM
Man its been a while... Anyway, I'm interested in building a Mag. I made a list of parts I'd need and was hoping you guys could let me know if I left anything out.

Body
Valve (+on/off)
Valve Reg
Grip Frame
Grips
Bolt
Barrel

That looks about right. Does anyone here know where I could pick up an AIR w/out the reg? Why are AIRs so expensive? 888pball had 'em for like $350.

FooTemps
03-24-2002, 02:52 AM
sear, o rings, sear pin, trigger rod, screws, nubbins, p/f plug, power tube spacers, connections, hoses, bottomline...

MUNKYMASTA
03-24-2002, 07:38 AM
are you sure you werent looking at the RT valve, cuz 350 for the AIR valve is too high. Maybe not, but ive seen them for ALOT less than that. yeah, like in the post above, youd need a sear, orings, macro/ss/micro hose, fittings, bottom line etc...
thanx
joe

Justified Machismo
03-24-2002, 01:59 PM
Hey guys I probably should have mentioned that all the orings and stuff were implied. Most of that stuff is included anyway when I buy the valve assembly, right? And no, that was the A.I.R. I was looking at. Where have you found them so cheap? One more question, do those 8 star valve regs really work. Shocktech and A.N.S. make them and I was wondering if they actually help with shootdown.

Omicron
03-24-2002, 03:37 PM
Valve assembly (with bolt)
Rail assembly
Body
Trigger Frame
Barrel

That should be it, plus little screws and things like that...check out the AGD Online store
http://store.airgun.com

And about the regulators, do not use anything except the stock parts, sometimes it screws things up and most of the time it doesn't NOT improve anything. Save your money.

PyRo
03-24-2002, 08:38 PM
You mean the 8-hole mods.
No, they don't work. All they do is take $40 out of your pocket and put it in someone elses. It doesn't help your preformance at all.

athomas
03-24-2002, 10:17 PM
I just checked 888paintball web site. They list the AIR valve for $350.00 and the whole mag for only $310.00. Now that's funny.

Check Paintballgear.com or better yet check modifiedpaintball.com. You can get a new Retrovalve for $250.00. Clasic AIR valve is $195.00.

If you're building a gun from scratch, go Retro.

ramsee1
03-25-2002, 02:46 PM
not to take anything away from your project because i do have a great respect for these things, but if you do decide to go mostly stock or even if you don't, the sum of the parts will greatly excede buying the whole thing at once. pbgear.com tko powerfeed automag 280.00 comes with barrel, gas thru, bottom line, and macroline. i'm slowly upgrading and selling off the parts i don't want to pay for the new ones. just a thought

soilent green
03-25-2002, 03:07 PM
yea AIR valve are expensive get the retro valve it is cheaper and better if you get that this is all you will need

body rail with twist lock pin (don't need it if you use a micro or Z body)
main body
trigger frame
barrel
retro valve
you may need the rod the sear swivels on

Thats it if you use the retro valve cause it comes with alot of the stuff like a sear that is cheaper and better