PDA

View Full Version : SFL Problems? Or is everything ok with them?

JACK
03-24-2002, 12:25 PM
I have heard a couple complaints about the SFL, like it not shooting after 1000 shots or something. I have also heard of a lot of people's superbolts getting broken. R they still working out some bugs in the SFL or is everything ok? Also Load SM5 I haven't heard any complaints from u and was wondering how many shots u have taken and if your superbolt is still fine. Thanx a lot for some replies!

Load SM5
03-24-2002, 01:25 PM
I currently have 14095 shots on my SFL. Most of that was with my superbolt. My superbolt is the original one and still going strong with a homemade foamie and despite a bunch of gouges that I put into it after I temporarily screwed up a small peice of my breech. It still shoots great. I did pick up a stainless foamie bolt to mess with when I shoot brittle paint since the superbolt is actually a little harder on paint that the stainless. And that's what I played with all last weekend. A little more kick but I shot 3/4 of a case with out a break or chop. I could've left my squeegie at home. As far as I'm concerned the SFL works great.

JACK
03-24-2002, 01:36 PM
thanx a lot for the reply, how bout some others: how r ur guyes SFL's workin?

2000Sabre
03-24-2002, 02:39 PM
I also own an SFL. Unfortunately, I've had a few more problems with mine than LoadSM5. I had the stock superbolt break on me the first day and had it replaced with a longnose stainless RT bolt. I have had trouble with breaking paint as well. I currently have a long nose foamie style bolt on it's way to me to see if it helps with the paint breakage. It seems that you really need to use a foamie style bolt with this marker. However, I can tell you that when it works, there isn't another marker I would rather have.

Also, by the time the next release of the SFL is available a lot of the bugs will have been worked out. I know that AGD is working on some design changes to make it work better with brittle paint as well as on improvements to the ACE system. Once these become avaiable, us current SFL owners can send them in to get upgraded for free. Another great benefit of buying AGD products.

Still a great marker and I'm glad I bought one.

JACK
03-24-2002, 05:33 PM
when r the new SFL's going to be released do u guys think? I am thinking I will have enough to get one in like a couple months. Do u think they will be out then? Thanx!

CHl2IS
03-24-2002, 05:54 PM
I personally am very annoyed by my SFL at the moment. This morning, the trigger was very wierd. It wouldnt shoot every time i pulled it. I had a few perfect shots, but the trigger got in the way. I also got bunkered, and coulda shot the guy out before if the trigger was working fine. Then, later into the day, I was playing, and the balls would hardly shoot, and i open it up to see the thing that is at the end of where the bolt slides on, broken in half, and the upper part in my superbolt. Everything went downhill from there. I replaced it with one from my RT... Now it wont shoot. Then i put the valve in my RT, and it shoots. it'll shoot in my rt, but not in my SFL. Then manual would work on my SFL, not electric. Now all it does is gush air out the barrel when i turn it on. I'm gonna trade it into my local shop and getting a stock evolution or getting a KAPP and customizing it. In my opinion, do not get an SFL. Waste of money. Also, when i chop, I pretty much have lost the game. Squeegeing the barrel really doesnt help. You have to take it apart, and clean it fully.

Just my .02

Chris

Johnny Bravo
03-24-2002, 08:18 PM
I like my SFL.
The only problems I have had was when I played outside in the wintertime. The cold made me break balls like crazy, however, when I play indoors I have no problems at all. Shoots like a dream. I can't wait to get the ACE and misc upgrades.