PDA

View Full Version : My Mag's been Giving me some probs

magsrtite
03-24-2002, 12:40 PM
Whenever I shoot my mag I get a good shot. But, when I rapid fire the velocity decreases GREATLY, until i wait about 1 second, then it will shoot at about 280 again. Does anyone know whats wrong?

epterry
03-24-2002, 02:06 PM
is your tank screwed all the way in and is it full i had this problem because my tank wasnt all the way in (if its a screw in kind).l:D

Omicron
03-24-2002, 03:41 PM
Are you on co2 or compressed air? If you have co2 it sounds like you are shooting too fast, and the co2 doesn't have time to expand, or liquid is getting into the valve.

drx975
03-24-2002, 05:51 PM
You may not realize it but you could be short-stroking the trigger. Personally, I have a really really hard time doing this, even in game. I forced myself to do it one day and got the results you are talking about. Make sure you release the trigger all the way after every shot. Let me know if that doesnt work.

PyRo
03-24-2002, 08:42 PM
Be sure that you are pulling the trigger all the way back, and letting it go all the way forward. Also, your reg seat may be bad, causing excessive shootdown.

magsrtite
03-24-2002, 11:11 PM
Oh my gosh you guys are making it sound like I'm an unexperienced mag person! I happen to be able to take apart and put back my mag faster then anyone I know, blindfolded! (j/k on the blind fold) Yes, I have nitro, no I'm not short stroking. Once again, at 1 ball per sec I can get full shots, but then I get shoot down going at like 3 balls per sec. My tank IS screwed in all the way, I have no idea what's wrong, someone from AGD help me!

FooTemps
03-25-2002, 12:00 AM
Oh, this problem. I think that a few other people have had this problem before. I don't remember who but it has to do with the seals. It isn't the tank or trigger.

magsrtite
03-25-2002, 09:24 AM
Well does anyone know what it is?

FordPrefect
03-25-2002, 11:20 AM
Do a search.

splat11756
03-25-2002, 12:48 PM
give the valve a good cleaning

anthraxxx
03-25-2002, 02:47 PM
I have/had this problem. I think it is my reg seat. Thing is the reg seat seems to need changing after each day I play. I just got a AGD parts kit so hopefully the 32 degrees one I was using was the culprit. I mentioned this to the proshop I was at this past weekend and the dude there said that maybe my valve is dirty and that mags will have shootdown when the valve is filthy. I have also heard that sometimes crap like lock tite or teflon will work its way loose and into the air path somewhere causing shootdown in rapid fire. I am going to strip my marker and check for this if the reg seat doesn't fix the problem. I would like to hear what others have done to resolve shoot down issues as well.

jewie27
03-27-2002, 10:44 PM
Tom Kaye says, anything that has to do with velocity has to do with the regulator. More specifically it's usually the regulator seal. Wipe it off with your thumb, if that doesn't work, replace it.

Watch the AGD Video!!!!!!!!!!!!! Read the Manual!!!!!!!!

PyRo
03-28-2002, 05:44 AM
Why won't people just listen. ITS THE REG SEAT!!!!! Your reg seat got old, expanded, and is not cutting off the flow between the reg and the air chamber. Get a new one, its like a 0.50 part.
Or if you want, sell me your mag for cheap :)

MikeCouves
03-28-2002, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by PyRo
Why won't people just listen. ITS THE REG SEAT!!!!! Your reg seat got old, expanded, and is not cutting off the flow between the reg and the air chamber. Get a new one, its like a 0.50 part.
Or if you want, sell me your mag for cheap :)

Lol! Yeah it has to be the regulator as PyRo stated, so replace your reg seat, don't be cheap...