PDA

View Full Version : Look, another WLIPP thread...

Blennidae
03-24-2002, 01:28 PM
OK we all know it didn't quite work out as planned. I am wondering what the idea behind it is and who is the target audience. If the idea is to get new members than what was tried yesterday would have been good. If the idea was to reward AO members, maybe the pop parties are better.

If you tell random surfers an expensive marker will be given away at a certain place and time they flock to that place. They have no concern about the rules or etiquite, they just want the free stuff. You may get a few good new members, but I think you get more undesirables.

The pop parties may rule out some active members of AO just by their random nature, but you do get the "core" of AO. There are members who spend ALOT of time here, they should should get a good shot at the prizes.

Maybe if you want to get more active members, maybe make pop parties more frequent. I don't think its necessary to give away an emag at every one, small prizes are fun too.

Everyone wants the big prize, but something small like AO patches would be fine. AO members would be happy to win something like that, the random surfer probably wouldn't.

If a special guest is available, then make that a larger prize. Just announce something like "at this months pop party, a special guest will be there". If members associate special guest with bigger prizes, turnout to the site will be greater in anticipation of the party, even though the exact date and time aren't known.

I don't know, thats just my opinion. Whats yours?

Paintballer86
03-24-2002, 01:53 PM
I think that ther should be an elegabilty rules for the e-mag, like 100 posts or so. So we dont get all these New people who come around for JUST the drawing.

magman007
03-24-2002, 01:55 PM
But there not fair to every one. I am a diehard Aoer, but i go to an all boys boarding school where i cant be on like for more than 30 minutes a day. I devote my whole weekends to Ao, and this is where i spend my free time. but the Wlipp was, and still will be awesome. Why? cuz we can all make arangememnts to be there. It isnt fair to just hold pop parties, mainly because alot of die hard aoers have work,or school. Ao is a way of life, but it isnt life its self

Cliffio
03-24-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by magman007
I devote my whole weekends to Ao, and this is where i spend my free time.

saddest thing i've ever heard

mrhooie
03-24-2002, 04:29 PM
I think we should all be thankful Tom and the Gang at AGD actually DO something for their faithful...

unlike other companies. what will be will be, have you ever had a chance for a free Angel, Cocker or Spyder?

Cliffio
03-24-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by mrhooie
have you ever had a chance for a free Angel, Cocker or Spyder?

actaully thety have them all the time, wgp has recently have a few different guns you could win

and wdp is giving out gun through different sites as well

Cliff

mrhooie
03-24-2002, 06:17 PM
If this is true of a manufacturer's support web forum

I stand corrected

:)

HoppysMag
03-24-2002, 06:33 PM
i like your idea but do it bye register date instead... cause if you do it by post then the post whores get in there too. i think it better just to have random drawing contest for things like patches stickers, and mabey one of those cool sweat shirts or hats... if tom really wants he can give away an emag, but he doesnt have to.... i mean im happy with a AO patch...