PDA

View Full Version : Body Problem

Nimec
03-24-2002, 01:46 PM
Ok i have a huge problem with my body. None of my bolts will fit through it now. a couple days ago they fit fine. and then i used my superbolt and now they dont. does anyone know why and how i can fix it? Thanks, Nimec.

Omicron
03-24-2002, 03:40 PM
Are you saying that your bolts (not superbolt) won't fit into the body anymore, or that just the superbolt won't? If it's just the superbolt, then sand it down...If it isn't...I have no idea...

Nimec
03-24-2002, 06:12 PM
No its not just my superbolt. its my other bolt too. after i used my superbolt my regular one would not fit.

anthraxxx
03-26-2002, 10:30 AM
That really doesn't make sense...I believe you I just don't know why this would happen. So the bolt will go back onto the valve fine but when you go to insert it into the body the valve assembly won't go in and you suspect it is the bolt. Have you tried inserting the valve in the body without the bolt on it. If it is sticking then maybe it is the z-groove or pin or something else in the rail that is catching not allowing the valve to go in. If it goes in without the bolt then maybe there is something in the breech close to where the feed tube connects to the body that is blocking the bolt. Have yo utried switching the bolt spring? It would be pretty incredable if the body shrunk or the bolts swelled (sp?) causing this fit problem.

Good luck man. Let us know how this one works out, I have never heard of this before.

athomas
03-26-2002, 01:57 PM
Make sure your sear assembly-on/off pin is down in place and not catching the bolt when you put your valve into the body. Unless something got bent or dented on the body, there is no way you should have a fitting problem. It'll probably be something really simple once you find it.

Nimec
03-26-2002, 03:17 PM
the valve fits in fine and the bolt fits on the valve its just the bolt wont fit in the body and its not atached to the grip frame.

anthraxxx
03-26-2002, 05:08 PM
where is the bolt catching? is it the base of the bolt wont go in or somewhere at the nose? maybe the lip in the body where the spring presses againt the body got bent and in not letting the bolt go in.

Nimec
03-26-2002, 09:06 PM
the bolt wont fit thru the hole at all. ive tried using diff springs and ive tried no spring at all it just dosnt fit.

a_malfunction
03-26-2002, 09:31 PM
This is really wierd! Can you post some pics?

Nimec
03-26-2002, 09:44 PM
sorry i have no camera. and it all looks normal to me. its something wrong with the body not the bolt so id be kinda hard to get a pic of the inside.

athomas
03-26-2002, 10:07 PM
Have you tried putting the bolt into the body by itself, just to see where it catches.

Nimec
03-26-2002, 10:25 PM
yes it catches right where its suposed to go in. when i have the valve on and try to stick it in the valve sticks out about a quarter of an inch.

athomas
03-26-2002, 11:10 PM
Can you see what its catching on?

Maybe the insert ring in the body came loose or broke. It is welded inside the body. It is this ring that the bolt spring sits against.

Nimec
03-26-2002, 11:17 PM
thats what its catching on. but i dont think that it is broken it just isnt the right size after using my superbolt.

athomas
03-26-2002, 11:32 PM
A piece of the superbolt didn't break off and get caught in the hole , did it? The center of this ring is plenty big to accomodate any bolt you may want ot use. Its also made out of stainless steal, so it shouldn't bend or deform.

There has to be a piece of foreign matter in there somewhere. When you insert the bolt into the body, can you see it from the other end. What are the clearances around it if any? Maybe you can get a better view from the barrel end.

Nimec
03-27-2002, 12:04 AM
my superbolt sleeve did bust, but i cleaned that out pretty good. i dont think there is anything in it. could the superbolt material have built up a layer around the bolt hole? no nevermind that. could it have warped the hole, it only dosnt fit by minute fractions of a cenameter. If you have any ideas on what to do let me know?

athomas
03-27-2002, 06:09 AM
Without seeing pics, it is hard to determine the exact problem.

The hole couldn't have gotten smaller without something either stuck in it or getting bent somehow.

BlackVCG
03-27-2002, 12:40 PM
Please call up AGD and get your gun sent in to them to be examined.

Nimec
03-27-2002, 12:45 PM
ok thanks, I'll call today.

BTAutoMag
03-29-2002, 10:01 PM
yea calling would be the best thing at this point