PDA

View Full Version : automag RT versus automag RT PRO

jakole50
03-24-2002, 01:53 PM
what are the differences between the two and is $500.00 a good price for a automag RT?

Gunga
03-24-2002, 02:10 PM
The RT & RT Pro's valves both work the same, the internals are the same (except for some minor differences).

The problem with the RT is that it's a bit more complicated in regards to how the air gets to the valve. Thus, there are more things that can go wrong.

With the RT Pro, the air goes into the side of the valve just like the AIR/Retro/Emag valves.

With the RT, the air travels into a gas through foregrip, through a hard steel line, through the rail, and through the banjo bolt before going into the valve.

In the end, when both are working properly, they perform the same and have the reactive trigger. But, RT's are no longer produced, whereas the RT Pro is. Also, the Retro/RT Pro/Emag valves are all the same except for some minor internal differences (on/off pin length & quad oring usage in the Emag valve) and the engraving on the exterior of the valve.

If you're gonna spend $500 on a (used?) RT...I'd go ahead and spend an extra $50-100 for a new RT Pro. Fewer things to go wrong, plus the newer RT Pro's come with an Intelliframe on it standard.

Load SM5
03-24-2002, 02:20 PM
I also recommend that if you are eyeballing a new RT Pro that you make sure it had the intelliframe. Some stores will be trying to rid themselves of old Pro stock with the carbon fiber frame. Call before you order.

OldSchoolMag
03-24-2002, 02:44 PM
The RT Pro is more compatable with the Automag/Minimag/Emag family, so it's easier to swap parts, and like mentioned before, the setup is essentially the same as the other's. And $500 for a USED RT? Sorry, I mean, I love these guns, but the RT's are old and outdated compared to a new RT Pro, and for that price, you could get a used RT Pro with a lot of stuff. Most big places sell them with Intelliframes (888 for sure does, pbgear too, I think) so do call ahead, just to be sure. If you find them for $450, those are usually the ones without Intelliframes, so if you're not a fan of the double trigger, that could be for you.

Hope this helps.

OSM

FutureMagOwner
03-24-2002, 04:03 PM
i was looking at the rt pro myself. and i have a question... why does the store on this website(one sponsered by agd0 have the rt pro for 750 while at other stores i have seen some for 570 or so. and where is the cheapest site for the rt pro that has the intelliframe?

mrhooie
03-24-2002, 04:22 PM
If you are in the US - check with Donngie - in the dealer's forum

pumpamatic
03-24-2002, 06:19 PM
The AGD online store has RT Pro's for 750 because that is the MSRP. Manufacturer's prices are rarely the same as what other places sell them for, and I think AGD even said in the store that you should go to your local field for the best prices.

jakole50
03-25-2002, 11:05 AM
what would be faster and more reliable, a hyperframe on a RT PRO or a hyperframe on a TKO automag?

Gunga
03-25-2002, 12:48 PM
Neither would be more reliable than the other, from a valve point of view.

In my opinion, putting a hyperframe on a RT Pro would be a total waste. With the Hyperframe, you wouldn't have the reactive trigger that the RT Pro valve gives you. If you're dead set on getting a Hyperframe, just get a regular Automag and save yourself some $$. The standard Automag AIR valve will keep up with a Hyperframe just fine.

Seeing is believing as they say, so go see for yourself with the video clips at: http://www.odysseypaintball.com/products.html