PDA

View Full Version : Smart parts freak barrells

pooface123
03-24-2002, 01:56 PM
i am looking to buy one of these im not going to buy the whole set im just going to buy the front and the back and some inserts. my question is which inserts would anyone recomend i bought a one piece smart parts all american barrel and tested it to see if it would fit my paintballs so i put the ball in the barrel and the it just rolled right out so i want to buy a new freak barrel system what sizes of inserts would anyone recomend i get?

PyRo
03-24-2002, 08:35 PM
We would need to know the size of the paint you shoot to really tell you. You might be better off buying the entire kit. By the time you buy the front, back, and 3 or so inserts you are paying close to the whole price. You may be better off spending a bit more, and getting the whole thing.

pooface123
03-24-2002, 09:08 PM
pmi marbilizer its yellow with orange swirls and its a neon green fill

I <3 MAGS
03-24-2002, 09:24 PM
If you only shoot one brand of paint you might be able to save yourself some $$$ by checking out this chart and buying the one barrel that works.

http://www.shireonline.com/technical/barrels/g-default.htm

Snewk
03-24-2002, 10:47 PM
im kinda iffy with the freak barrel. ive seen two people shoot the inserts out their barrels and the inserts are flimsy aluminum and im sure would kink or bend really easily. ill stick with one piece when i get my cocker.

cphilip
03-25-2002, 10:02 AM
Nonsense. They are excellent. Used one for over a year. So has my kid and now there are four of them out at our little group. Everyone is happy with them.

And that Paint chart is totaly useless. No paint stays the same size with age and conditons. And some of it was jsut wrong to start with. Nothing beats checking the size right at the field before play. I use the freakinserts for this.

My advice is get the whole kit. Can find them for $170. By the time you buy the front, back and few inserts you will have that much money into it so why not get all 8 and the case to protect them?

If you had to ask then I would buy the .693 (or the .695) the .689 and the .683. But you will be close to the whole deluxe kit price then.

ramsee1
03-25-2002, 02:41 PM
marballizers shoot well with a .691 or a .693 depending from batch to batch.

DaosBeoulve
03-25-2002, 03:58 PM
where can you find freak kits for $170? I've been pricing around the past few days, and the cheapest I could find them was 189 for the one to fit the automag.... PLEASE tell me where to find them for that price...

Poseidon
03-25-2002, 09:18 PM
Your better off buying the whole kit, but .689-.693 would be the best insert range. Just buy the kit.

pbgear- $184 + $10 for am threads

Poseidon
03-25-2002, 09:19 PM
COUGHFODDERCOUGH

Originally posted by Snewk
im kinda iffy with the freak barrel. ive seen two people shoot the inserts out their barrels and the inserts are flimsy aluminum and im sure would kink or bend really easily. ill stick with one piece when i get my cocker. COUGHFODDERCOUGH

cphilip
03-26-2002, 07:26 AM
I will have to check. Have not kept up lately might have to take one price nad go to 888 to try a price beat.