PDA

View Full Version : Electric trigger

PaInTbAlLeR476
03-24-2002, 05:43 PM
what are the chances of AGD making a good somewhat cheap electronic trigger frame in the rice range of 15-250$$$$$$ i cant say i trust those other companys and would rather have a AGD product:confused: :confused: :confused:

ShooterJM
03-26-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by PaInTbAlLeR476
what are the chances of AGD making a good somewhat cheap electronic trigger frame in the rice range of 15-250$$$$$$ i cant say i trust those other companys and would rather have a AGD product:confused: :confused: :confused:

AGD did do mag to emag conversions for awhile. Not sure if they still do. But for under about $200 bucks you could build your own. Easy. Probably a lot cheaper. Drop off the hundred bucks or so it would take to buy a eeprom programmer and just build a semi auto circuit and it'd be under a hundred. (assuming you have a frame to slap it on.) I've got one almost built and it's cost me about 30 bucks so far. Can't quite get it too work. Close though.

FordPrefect
03-26-2002, 03:09 PM
Shooter, where did you buy the solenoid, and which one is it?

ShooterJM
03-26-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by FordPrefect
Shooter, where did you buy the solenoid, and which one is it?

Got it at local flea market for a quarter actually! It's a 24V Linear Solenoid. Made by Deltrol Controls, they seem to have a pretty decent selection. Can't quite make out the model number. Looks like 536??-?? Currently I'm trying to find a place to order another (smaller) one.

In order of priority I have to

A) get it to cycle above 8 bps
B) fit it in a .45 grip
C) drop a better circuit in.

Just read a pretty informative article on WARPIG about circuitry. Think I might have to rob my new stereo fund to buy a programmer!

athomas
03-26-2002, 06:18 PM
Buy the emag sear from AGD ($55.00).
Buy the solenoid from AGD (27.00).
Design a simple circuit to control it.
Mount the assembly in a Two finger aftermarket trigger frame and you are rollin. And it will be fairly inexpensive.

FordPrefect
03-26-2002, 09:31 PM
You can buy a Basic stamp, they are pretty small. And you can use any kind of button for the trigger.

FordPrefect
03-26-2002, 09:40 PM
Would you have to use the Emag sear assembly, or could you use a regular one?

EDIT You can buy a basic stamp kit(gets you everything you need) at Radio Shack for like $100.

athomas
03-26-2002, 10:16 PM
You don't really need a Basic Stamp kit if you want to do it even cheaper. Design the circuit using small discrete parts and IC's (if you only need semi-auto). The battery would have to be external to the grip, same as the emag. You might as well put the circuit board with the battery. Use whatever switch you want to activate the solenoid circuit (hall effect magnetic, microswitch, or whatever). If you want more options, the Basic Stamp would be the way to go.

You could use the regular sear, but the emag sear would be easier because it already has an extra lever to attach the emag solenoid to.

The emag solenoid has the proper plunger and rod attached.

You would have to manufacture a bracket to hold the solenoid in place in any frame that you decide to use. The same would go for the switch you decide to use.

ShooterJM
03-27-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by athomas
Buy the emag sear from AGD ($55.00).
Buy the solenoid from AGD (27.00).
Design a simple circuit to control it.
Mount the assembly in a Two finger aftermarket trigger frame and you are rollin. And

Hey good idea! gonna try to hammer this crap out, but if it doesn't work I'm gonna go with that.

It's ironic really. If I were smart, I'd just buy a emag.

billmi
03-27-2002, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by lilthugbobby
where can u get a basic stamp..."pc board"? how much would it cost and what does it look like?

See my article at:
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/electronics/basic_stamp/index.shtml

It's a full how to on using a stamp, adding the very little circuitry needed to link it into a paintgun, and how to program it.

There are cheaper routes (per board) to go - like PIC processors, but to go that route you need to also buy an EEPROM burner to program them, they are more complex to program, and you need to design and build more advanced support circuitry to go with them. If you're designing a product to be mass-manufactured the PIC processors are a great way to go due to the lower cost. However if you're building a prototype or one of a kind paintgun, the flexibility and ease of use of the Basic Stamp makes it a very attractive solution.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

pip_999
03-27-2002, 09:31 AM
just get a centerflag

if you can get a boo-yah for cheap now DONT!!! Out of business, but some places still have afew in)

just go with the centerflag

ShooterJM
03-27-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by billmi

See my article at:
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/electronics/basic_stamp/index.shtml

It's a full how to on using a stamp, adding the very little circuitry needed to link it into a paintgun, and how to program it.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

This is the article I was talking about. Awesome article. Great info even if you don't plan on building one yourself.

FordPrefect
03-27-2002, 06:46 PM
I'm just wondering if the Emag sear assembly will work on a Classic valve.

billmi
04-02-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by ShooterJM

This is the article I was talking about. Awesome article. Great info even if you don't plan on building one yourself.

Thanks Shooter :-)

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

cphilip
04-02-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by lilthugbobby
what does the back of the emag trigger touch to fire the gun?

In E Mode it just comes into close enough proximity to the Hall Effects sensor and fires dependent on how close the magnet in the trigger is to the sensor. In manual it pushes the Sear Rod just like any other Mag. Thats my understanding on it.

cphilip
04-02-2002, 10:40 AM
Yes its the proximity of the magnet to the sensor that determines the firing point in the stroke.

I guess they might be able to sell you one. I doubt that would be something they would place in the store as its probably a rare item to sell.

cphilip
04-02-2002, 10:51 AM
Well didn't I just say that?

Go look at the technical manual for the Emag and the parts explosion and you will see how its all put together. The part you are talking about is the Hall Effects Sensor.

BTAutoMag
04-02-2002, 12:34 PM
i would like an AGD model too but i like my gun to much to get the whole thing converted. i would rather just have the frame