PDA

View Full Version : What do people want?

zvanut
03-24-2002, 06:03 PM
what is really wanted in the industry these days?

Blennidae
03-24-2002, 06:33 PM
triggers that sense your desire to shoot so that you dont even have to pull it.

rates of fire so fast that the stream of paintballs coming out resembles those play doh extrusion toys.

gas efficiency so good a 12 gram will last a season.

a hopper that holds 3 cases of paint that is only the size of a postage stamp (must be center feed compatible as well).

ANSI certified force field face protection.

a marker so compact Peter Parker is in awe (must be annodized in various fade colors).

and apparently text messaging...

Rueben_the_wanderer
03-24-2002, 10:56 PM
Decreases in production costs, but not decrease in quality.

A general reduction of useless doohickeys and deceptive "upgrades"

A hopper with a lighter powersource (watch battery), and generally less heavy.

Better paintballs

Snooky
03-25-2002, 02:17 AM
I would like to see laser tag and paintball comined to make one awesome game of war.

FooTemps
03-25-2002, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Snooky
I would like to see laser tag and paintball comined to make one awesome game of war.

Yeah, that would be great... Laser paintballs... WOO WEE, what will you ever come up with next?

All the industry wants is money.

FordPrefect
03-25-2002, 03:57 PM
Mods, move this. It isn't a Deep Blue topic.

Jonno06
03-25-2002, 07:40 PM
Industry wants money

I want free stuff.Better paintballs,lighter hoppers,no more electro guns,i kinda want paintball industry to stop,It is perfect now,In a few years paintball wont even be a game,it will be war,and it wont be any fun with these electro guns going rampage.

SlipknotX556
03-25-2002, 07:50 PM
I want free stuff.

epterry
03-25-2002, 08:24 PM
seeking paintballs :eek: hahahaha:D :D

TylerDurden
03-25-2002, 09:48 PM
Consistancy
Reliability
Accuracy
0 chops
Good customer service
Gas efficiency
Simplicity
Laser guided paintballs
Better tasting paintballs
A barrel that can change bore sizes without use of inserts
X-ray goggles

pito189
03-25-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Blennidae
triggers that sense your desire to shoot so that you dont even have to pull it.

rates of fire so fast that the stream of paintballs coming out resembles those play doh extrusion toys.

gas efficiency so good a 12 gram will last a season.

a hopper that holds 3 cases of paint that is only the size of a postage stamp (must be center feed compatible as well).

ANSI certified force field face protection.

a marker so compact Peter Parker is in awe (must be annodized in various fade colors).

and apparently text messaging...

This is possibly one of the funniest things I have read in my entire life.

Because it is all the truth.

ArthurDent
03-26-2002, 01:48 AM
pito189 i was thinking the same thing! hahhha ya i am thinking adding hoppers that turn water into paitnballs becuase with the blinding speed the new guns have shooting 3 cases a game would hurt my wallet

Miscue
03-26-2002, 01:49 AM
They just want a gun that gives them the willies when they show their friends. :)

MikeCouves
03-26-2002, 05:52 AM
Fast, reliable, good service, and cool to have. Wait, I already got a Minimag!

FordPrefect
03-26-2002, 11:33 AM
OHH OHH I GOT ONE!!

A paintball transporter, so you can have 2 cases in the staging area, and when you need to reload, you just press a button on your hopper and it fills up.

Mango
03-26-2002, 11:58 AM
The Industry wants to make as much money as possible.

Snooky
03-26-2002, 05:19 PM
I think the best thing for the industry would be a gun that always worked and required no maitnence.

AssassN
03-26-2002, 05:23 PM
A barrel that can change bore sizes without use of inserts

They have made one called Aradus or something like that. I have a magazine with it if i find it i'll amke a post.

Miscue
03-26-2002, 05:25 PM
I think the best thing for the industry would be a gun that always worked and required no maitnence.

Um, EMag? :)

Pretzel Boy
03-26-2002, 08:21 PM
I want that go cart off Tippmanns website!! and an angel and an emag and two warp feeds and 4500psiand..... :D :D

FordPrefect
03-26-2002, 08:49 PM
I've said what the people want, but you might mean what do the companies want. They want a beautiful, great, fast-firing marker that takes $.50 to produce, costs about $100,000 if you want one new, and that EVERYONE wants. It should also need a tune-up at the factory(which you charge for, of course) every 3 months, and that has super-fragile parts, so if someone even grips it to hard in a game, they have to buy new parts.

The catch is, that it must be popular. See, if no one buys it....

paintsprayer
03-26-2002, 09:22 PM
i want a gun that shoots backwards so i can give it to my friend.

Zumina
03-26-2002, 09:31 PM
Less Weight! Whether it be a gun, or a guppy!
Cheaper Air Fills - $6 for 3k; COME ON!
Paint that never goes bad!
GETTING AWAY FROM A TOURNAMENT CENTRALIZED SPORT!

Strider
03-27-2002, 03:04 PM
Someone mentioned adjustable barrel sizes? I saw one at Skyball this year. Can't remember who put it out, but it did exactly that...

~Backdraft~
03-27-2002, 03:36 PM
I want paintball to get more publicity, like have t.v. commercials with agd's new extreme e-mags. That would be sweet. It would also be good for the paintball industry's in making more sales.

I would like to see lighter and more compact markers.

Lowered prices but not lowered in quality.

MORE FIELDS...the closest field to my house is a little over an hour!

Better paintballs that are more accurate and get better distance.

More custom upgrades so every gun is truely different.

Cha0tic
03-27-2002, 03:50 PM
many of the players number one priority is looks. if it is butt ugly, not many people will like it. many people hate the mag because it is a tube with a trigger. the extrme and sfl have changed that though.

i like

crisp short trigger
light weight
no chops or breaks
efficency
comfortable face protection
gun i can drop on the ground or smack againsty somthing, and still have it work (mag)

Jonno06
03-27-2002, 03:54 PM
Yep,that ArAdus barrel system looks pretty slick.You twist the back of the barrel,and the bore size changes.go to www.psychoballistics.com for more info.

MikeCouves
03-27-2002, 04:18 PM

Got a mag? If you do you'll understand :D.

WesternRT
04-02-2002, 05:49 PM
I just want it to cost less to play. $80 a day makes it kinda expensive. Id be out a heck of a lot more if it only cost me $20 or $40 a day to play. And im not talking gun prices either, but paint prices. I think everyone keeps the paint prices high cause they need to make money and paint in the bread and butter, but I think what they would lose in price per case they could make up in volume through increased sales.