PDA

View Full Version : Consistency Survey. And Problems! AHHH!

Butterfingers
03-24-2002, 07:19 PM
Those of you that have e-mags I would like to know what kind of consistency you are getting.

My consistency was horrible today on my e-mag I don't know what went wrong? +/- 20 fps on average this is unacceptable.

I took the valve apart cleaned out all the internals with alcohol relubed the valve with KC trouble free. Heres what I did:

Replaced the reg pin assy.

Replaced both of the reg seat o-rings.

Inspected and relubed the reg piston o-ring.

Replaced the valve body o-ring.

Still the same horrible consistency.

I am using a superbolt if that makes any diffrence.

I used the same paint and barrel on my gutted classic mag w/palmers sideline ON CO2!!! And maintained within +/- 5 I am officailly baffled!?!?!

Any clues?

Gunga
03-24-2002, 07:24 PM
Hmmmm...maybe your reg spring pack is worn out?

If you take out your reg nut and put in the spring pack, the larger spring should extend above the lip of the reg nut. If it's level with the lip of the reg nut, then it's worn out.

LaW
03-24-2002, 07:49 PM
I only chrono my emag on emode via firing a decent 5-10 shot string then quickly chronoing 3 shots

The past two days i've managed to do +-1 +-0 whatever it was dead on... for example on saturday i had 276 276 276 277 276 275 then today i had to start out with 285 285 285 and then when i went down i had 266 265 264 261 so whatever my emag is really consistent. I never use manual so i just don't chrono on manual... i'll short stroke anyway :) hehe i always manage to screw it up....

Butterfingers
03-24-2002, 07:51 PM
Just checked the spring pack, it extends maybe 1-2mm above the reg nut.

While I was in there I also threw copious amounts of grease on the spring pack and replaced the reg piston o-ring.

And in case some of you are wondering. There is NO pre- firing. (IE) leaking of air before firing. In manual mode there is no leaking at any point in the trigger stroke.

Any other suggestions?

Gunga
03-24-2002, 07:56 PM
Try pulling the trigger back slowly in manual mode. Does the gun hiss a bit before firing?

Butterfingers
03-24-2002, 07:56 PM
I forgot to mention...

Tell me what barrel, paint, and air system you are using.

Butterfingers
03-24-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Gunga
Try pulling the trigger back slowly in manual mode. Does the gun hiss a bit before firing?

Read previous post I probably edited at the same time you posted.

LaW
03-24-2002, 08:01 PM
I was using freak with proper insert and also superbolt :) with warp .. blah blah flatline tank

jurassic
03-24-2002, 08:01 PM
Maybe it is not the Emag. Could it be the tank reg acting up?

Butterfingers
03-24-2002, 08:05 PM
I don't know I doubt it though. The tank is relatively new. Im gonna have to pick up an output guage and make measurements.

If it is in fact the tank I will be VERY PO'ed that would mean this is my second nitro duck tank that has crapped out on me. I sent my SS4500 in to nitroduck 2 MONTHS ago for a creeping problem and I havent got it back yet. If this microreg gives me the same problem im gonna take 2000 mile trip over there and start bustin some heads!

That reminds me its time for my regularly scheduled call so I can hear more excuses on why I havent got my tank back yet.

GRRR!!!

jurassic
03-24-2002, 08:09 PM
Do you have access to another tank? Maybe call up a friend and check it out. It would at least rule that possibility out.

ah137
03-24-2002, 08:09 PM
try putting you long nose SS back in, I have heard people having consistiany problems with the superbolt

Later Hills

Butterfingers
03-24-2002, 08:19 PM
Im gonna have to do more evaluation cause im out of air! I tried it with the SS bolt 253 252 254 then 273 242 262. Same result I got excited at first. Perhaps the fluctuations were becuse the tank was really low. Need more air before further evaluation.

FordPrefect
03-24-2002, 09:42 PM
You said that you replaced the reg seat orings, did you replace the reg seat? That might be it, but I don't have a PhD in Automagology(IE, wild guess).

toymyster
03-24-2002, 09:49 PM
The only thing I can think of is your tank!!! Mine chronoed and 273, 273, 271 today!!! And it's usualy right about that!!! Specialy since you've had problems with the tank before!!!

Butterfingers
03-24-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by FordPrefect
You said that you replaced the reg seat orings, did you replace the reg seat? That might be it, but I don't have a PhD in Automagology(IE, wild guess).

The two o-rings sit in the brass reg seat carrier. The two o-rings actually assemble to make the RT reg seat.

BlackVCG
03-25-2002, 01:19 AM
How many barrels did you try on your gun and how many different types of paint? Just because the barrel and paint works fine on your other Mag doesn't mean it will perform the same on your E-Mag.

Are you looking at the consistency in slow fire? How much time are you allowing between shots? Is there any pattern to your inconsistency? As in first shots high, then low or vice versa.

The o-ring that sits under the brass reg. seat holder is the actual reg. seat. This is the o-ring the reg. valve pin seals on to shut off the system when it's charged. Make sure the sealing surface on the reg. valve pin isn't knicked or have dirt on it. The same for the brass piece.

I think your valve is fine, it's just an issue with the way your barrel is aligning with your gun setup. Are you feeding the gun with a Warp when you're shooting over the chrono or are you dropping in balls one at a time and firing them?

AGD
03-25-2002, 01:39 AM
Better check the output pressure on your tank. I bet it has shifted to about 400 psi and is giving you grief. It's probably a screw in without an output gauge right?

AGD

Butterfingers
03-25-2002, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by AGD
Better check the output pressure on your tank. I bet it has shifted to about 400 psi and is giving you grief. It's probably a screw in without an output gauge right?

AGD

Tom reads minds :)

Yeah, its a preset without an output gauge. Ill check it out tommorrow when I can get some air in my tank.

Black. I did not try any diffrent barrels. Only the one that best matched the only paint I had. Which admittedly didnt match well.

The gun was fed using warp, under slow fire.

No patterns just randomness.

Im gonna give Donggie a call tommorrow see what deals he can give me on a freak. For those of you that live on the island Donggie and I are gonna be at high velocity tommorrow testing out his new "super e-mag"

And if anybody from nitroduck is reading this. A very irate person by the name of Robert Yong wants his original tank back, and if I find out that this BRAND NEW tank that I bought from you has failed there will be heck to pay.

Also tom, will you be doing reg swaps for 4500 tanks?