PDA

View Full Version : Reverse warp switch

Tufiremn
03-24-2002, 07:45 PM
Someone in the chat room was asking about a switch that would let the warp reverse/off/Forward. Here's a simple diagram of how to make it work.

Kevmag
03-26-2002, 12:53 AM
Why would you want to REVERSE the Warp Feed?

Johnny Bravo
03-26-2002, 12:58 AM
Possibly if the warp jammed you could reverse it... I dunno, it's an interesting idea.

Vegeta
03-26-2002, 05:20 PM
Zvanut was hte one asking about it. He already knew/could find out how to make it, and was mainly asking if anyone would want such a thing. Possible applications would be to unload the warp after a game, becuase it can hold about 9 balls, and the tube can hold even more. taking your hopper off and reversing it would dump your paint and would help alot.

zvanut
03-26-2002, 06:23 PM
guys its me.....

al;ls going well with the switch...

however the LED isnt quite woirking yet.

gotta go (borrowing uncles computer)

Zvanut

Cypres0099
03-28-2002, 06:54 PM
I asked about this in January, didn't get much of a response, but I tried it anyway.

I had it all drawn out and everything. Then just to try it out I attached to wires in the reverse polarity to the motor and it didn't do anything. It was like it was a one way motor. And yes I did it right and it does work the normal way.

So if anyone could explain this?

It would be great to have a revese.

Vegeta
03-29-2002, 11:18 AM
Cypres, I have never seen a warp motor but I think I know the cuase. Almost all motors nowdays have a small capacitor soldered between the two terminals on the back of the motor. Usually they are a tanish color, and sorta round. Sometimes they are a blue/black cylnder-shape. They are there to stop anything current jumping the gap, but also can restrict which way the motor turns. Most of the time you can just cut them off, it wont affect the motor.

AGD
03-29-2002, 10:05 PM
Guys I am moving this to the tech forum because I think a lot of people there would be interested.

AGD