PDA

View Full Version : What no military marker?

ah137
03-24-2002, 08:07 PM
Found this, wondering why they didn't ever mention agd's military marker? Tom, wanted to see if you have seen any other of the non-lethal devises.
Later Hills

http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/industry/03/24/non.lethal.weapons.ap/index.html

ps here is a pic of the military marker if you have not seen it yet.

IceCool32
03-24-2002, 08:20 PM
to me that looks like a waste of a couple hundred bucks on a stingray.

Kevmag
03-24-2002, 08:22 PM
Has a program were they discuss and demonstrate non-lethal weapons including some of those in the article you referenced.

One of the cooler items was a paintball gun that fired pepper paintballs (like pepper spray). They fired it out of an AT-85 I think. Man, that thing fires FAST.

edweird
03-24-2002, 08:24 PM
Well its not high tech but if you remember the WTO riots in seattle, here is the SPD in action

and dont forget the use fo the "sydarm" for training use

dansim
03-24-2002, 08:28 PM
hmmm i think ...no..yup...IWANTIT!!!!

ah137
03-24-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by IceCool32
to me that looks like a waste of a couple hundred bucks on a stingray.

I would watch what you say, that marker will shoot more actually and farther than any other marker on the planet. Plus that’s a composite stock not plastic, it is VERY strong. I am guess it cost a lot, because it has an integrated nitrogen system.

Later Hills

Trunnion
03-24-2002, 09:34 PM
ah137, i don't think that's an AGD gun. if i'm not mistaken(and i believe this was in a different thread), the symbol on the back is that of Fabrique Nationale, a firearms manufacturer based in Belgium

SuperOrangeTicTac
03-24-2002, 09:45 PM
yes and thats why it was in the AGD Factory in the AGD Factory tour video :rolleyes:

FordPrefect
03-24-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Kevmag
One of the cooler items was a paintball gun that fired pepper paintballs (like pepper spray). They fired it out of an AT-85 I think. Man, that thing fires FAST.

I saw that too, and it didn't seem like an AT-85. It was a paint pistol, and I think that it MIGHT have been a Sydarm. Man was I excited when I saw that show(had to control my bladder), I was like, HOLY *edit, give the mods an easier job*!! DAD COME HERE. THATS AN AGD PRODUCT!!!

Maybe I have ADD or something.

Trunnion
03-24-2002, 10:58 PM
tictac, i didn't see that video. also note that i said 'i think' not 'i know without a doubt'. simple mistake. http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25898&highlight=colt+1911

army said in this thread that the markings were FN, so i assumed the weapon was an FN product. i apologize

IceCool32
03-24-2002, 11:04 PM
yea, but look at that gripframe...looks stingray-ish to me

AGD
03-24-2002, 11:04 PM
I have absoulutely nothing to do with that gun. The guy in the picture is not me because I never wear a tie and I don't go to Advanced Military Hardware shows near the Pentagon. Even if I wanted to go you have to have govenrment credentials to get in......:)

AGD (Advanced Gun Demonstrator)

ArthurDent
03-25-2002, 12:57 AM
sure tom wink wink, ya not even the goverment could scare you into a tie? ok well we will have to start a man hunt for this guy....

M-a-s-sDriver
03-25-2002, 01:10 AM
I thought .50 cal. paintballs were not made any longer, but just to the right there I see a paintball rifle that shoots 'em. Says so on the display...".50 ca." So I'll just order me one of those up pronto. Can't be more than $4500.
Brent Jackson, PFB.

PB700
03-25-2002, 03:26 AM
well he shure looks like you Tom massdriver thats a 50 cal bmg sniper rifle not a paintball gun

zads27
03-25-2002, 03:28 AM
As for Tom's picture, the military paintball system is impressive.. but Mmmm.. big. sniper. rifle.
I've shot a .50 BMG rifle before. Just a little more power in those than the first rifle I shot in Boy Scouts, a .22 LR.

Originally posted by M-a-s-sDriver
I thought .50 cal. paintballs were not made any longer, but just to the right there I see a paintball rifle that shoots 'em. Says so on the display...".50 ca." So I'll just order me one of those up pronto. Can't be more than $4500.
Brent Jackson, PFB.

Edit: Well the .50 caliber probably refers to the rifle, though.

AGDRules
03-25-2002, 05:45 AM
FN

That gun at the top is manufactured by FN, which makes the FN P90.. that gun is cool but is not made by AGD, you can tell who its made by clearly on the markings on that stock.

As for the guy in the picture, my god he has a striking resemblence to TK :rolleyes:

But I doubt even if you tried if he was around that Barretta .50 or that M16 VN, I doubt you could find info on him.

apache
03-25-2002, 06:16 AM
I wonder if AGD is FN's subcontractor...

FooTemps
03-25-2002, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by AGDRules
FN

That gun at the top is manufactured by FN, which makes the FN P90.. that gun is cool but is not made by AGD, you can tell who its made by clearly on the markings on that stock.

As for the guy in the picture, my god he has a striking resemblence to TK :rolleyes:

But I doubt even if you tried if he was around that Barretta .50 or that M16 VN, I doubt you could find info on him.

Wow, now that you say it. It does have some resemblance to an fn p90. Is this paintball marker just a gun modified to shoot paintballs?

krafty
03-25-2002, 09:25 AM
Part of it is made by FN... but I believe Tom requires them to put one of those pentium-esque "Automag Inside" stickers on them. :) (At the heart of the XM303 is an AIR valve - or is it an RT valve? methinks it's operated by co2)

FordPrefect
03-25-2002, 09:59 AM
There has been a 6th day violation, TOM KAYE HAS BEEN CLONED!

DarkRipper
03-25-2002, 10:11 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how that particular gun is the most accurate and farthest shooting paintball gun in the world.

I have to assume that the FN sublet some cocker elves and issue them with each marker.

:rolleyes:

I have no doubt that that marker is chronied much higher than 300 fps, though.

DR

Thordic
03-25-2002, 10:16 AM
DarkRipper - Mucho expensive paintballs. They are heavier, bullet-shaped, and they have little spirals on the back. it looks like a paintball snapped into a little jacket on the rear, like a bullet into a casing. I think the jacket adds weight, stability, and increased aerodynamics in general, allowing the paintball to be fire more accurately and further than our peon paintballs :)

DarkRipper
03-25-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Thordic
DarkRipper - Mucho expensive paintballs. They are heavier, bullet-shaped, and they have little spirals on the back. it looks like a paintball snapped into a little jacket on the rear, like a bullet into a casing. I think the jacket adds weight, stability, and increased aerodynamics in general, allowing the paintball to be fire more accurately and further than our peon paintballs :)

I see! But that's really not the gun, then is it?

;)

Remember the snyperballs? They had little fins on the back. This was in the early 90s.. I don't think they were very popular.

DR

Gup44
03-25-2002, 10:25 AM
<i>Originally Posted by Dark Ripper</i>
<b>I see! But that's really not the gun, then is it?</b> The paint-bullets are bullet shaped.. not round.. Therefore orientation is important. You have to have them all facing the same direction. That is why the guns have the "drum" magazine on them. I don't beleive you could shoot those special paintballs in a regular paintgun.

Trunnion
03-25-2002, 10:27 AM
http://www.remtek.com/arms/fn/p90/data/concept.htm

personally, i don't think it looks much like the FN P90. but that's just me. darkripper, if you check the link i posted earlier, i believe there are some of the military paintballs pictured in that thread

DarkRipper
03-25-2002, 10:30 AM
Thanks guys :)

DR

Gup44
03-25-2002, 10:40 AM
http://www.rumbleme.com/images/agdtour/military-balls_mh.jpg

MikeCouves
03-25-2002, 02:36 PM
See the pic everyone? Nuff said...lol. OUCH.

AGDRules
03-25-2002, 03:11 PM
That gun is made by FN, it has no resemblence to any gun out there right now, because it is much different from any gun in a lot of ways, its actually quit "good looking" in a sense to me, It shoots farther than any other pball gun because of the ammo it shoots and because the way its shot, see how it has a drumb mag and not a hopper for one, also there are a lot of internal secrets for the firing in this marker.

Yes Tom we must know is that u, it looks like you but meh, unless u work for FN WHICH WOULD BE AMAZING (I luv P90's) than its prob just a representative with a striking resemblence.

AGDRules
03-25-2002, 03:19 PM
The .50 Cal

That is not a paintball gun, .50cal is a real gun I know they made paint like that, 4500 US try maybe.... 45000 US for that weapon.

One shot would put a whole in u the size of ur fist. They are mainly used for Tanks and other vehicles or targets, never really on people.

hitech
03-25-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by DarkRipper
I have no doubt that that marker is chronied much higher than 300 fps, though.

Nope. They shoot at 300 fps. I asked Tom. VERY accurate. The rounds are heavier than a "standard" paintball.
:)

zads27
03-25-2002, 03:45 PM
The whole military paintball thing is quite interesting, I want info but that's a nono from Tom.

The .50 Cal
..4500 US try maybe.... 45000 US for that weapon.

Not quite that expensive, but sometimes it seems so. (when I want mine ;) )

One shot would put a whole in u the size of ur fist. They are mainly used for Tanks and other vehicles or targets, never really on people.

Well, it really depends on the kind of ammunition you use. It could do anything from go straight through you, only leaving a fist size hole.. to basically removing your >insert any section of the body< (sorry if that's kind graphic). So yeah, it is quite overkill for anti-personnel use.

CleenSweep
03-25-2002, 05:51 PM
It's anti tank shells are uranium tipped (hardest element on earth). It's mostly used for stopping vehicles and shooting through something.

OnyX
03-25-2002, 06:28 PM
compressed carbon is the hardest element in the world(diamond), uranium is used because it has a density heavier than metal so it penetrates metal easy.

PB-Tom
03-25-2002, 06:34 PM
I saw that too, and it didn't seem like an AT-85 The company that makes the pepperballs also has two markers they sell with them. One is a pro carbine and the other is an at-85. I saw an article in a police gear magazine about a month ago. They mentioned that one should not fire regular paintballs out of them, as they could "damage" the guns, but they looked like standard AT-85's and pro-carbine's to me.

Trunnion
03-25-2002, 06:48 PM
i've seen semi-auto .50 BMG Barret rifles for $5000. i'm not sure if that's a standard price for such a weapon, but if it is, then $4500 for a bolt action weapon seems to be reasonable

Vegeta
03-25-2002, 07:18 PM
uh oh.. i think i have some info that might cross refere into this...

I saw a picture of tom's office once... and on top of his computer monitor there was, no doubt, a minuature model of a FN-P90. I would know that gun anywhere and I am POSITIVE it was a model of the P90 and POSITIVe it was on top of Tom's computer monitor. I have seen more recent pictures where it isn't there, but I definatley remember that photo.

This is turning into a conspiracy isn't it. Were onto you Tom!

CleenSweep
03-25-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by OnyX
compressed carbon is the hardest element in the world(diamond), uranium is used because it has a density heavier than metal so it penetrates metal easy.

Got me.:eek: You are correct sir. Brain lapse.

thei3ug
03-25-2002, 09:17 PM
it's amazing how you can talk out of your behind and STILL claim you're right.

1) TK: perfect circle
2) perfect circle evolves to pepperball, and other various nonlethal rounds.
3) tk enters nonlethal weapons industry, to join the ranks of such companies as Pro Team Products, who made milsim markers, and still does IIRC.
4) XM-3295746 is made, as well as new aerodynamically sound, front weighted projectile, at a 12 ga size. AGD spirits itself over to FN, who likey likey. they decide to go into business.
5) I remember when they got the contract while ago. I'm only talking about it now because I was under the impression that AGD wasn't too into making it well known they did this. But since we have a mustache mafioso at the pentagon getting his PICTURE TAKEN, i think it's out in the open. This is an american project, through and through.
6) FN, believe it or not, doesn't build or design all their stuff in house. I am aquaintance with someone who designed a double action glock clone with them, unique at the time for its replacable rails. Nice little compact.

But ahh, when the whole world is against you, including the pentagon, give it up.

Vegeta
03-25-2002, 09:29 PM
Alright Tom its out in the open...

wanna give us details or are we gonna have to find out the hard way?

I knew there was something up when i saw that FN-P90 model on his desk... I mean at first I thought it was hilarious, a paintballgun designer with an FN model sitting on his desk... Then I looked at it more and thought... oh... i see

AGD
03-25-2002, 09:43 PM
I don't want to go into details about this right now because I want maximum marketing effect once it gets into the mainstream.

I can't believe you all doubt we are involved with this thing anyway. How many times have I told you we didn't do anything in paintball for many years because we were working on a big military project. What did you think we were doing all that time, making nice chrome parts with a matching fade?????

A months effort gets you the superbolt
6 months gets the Warp Feed
9 months gets an Emag
What do you think we can produce with YEARS of effort???!!!!

AGD

Smoken
03-25-2002, 09:49 PM
Well, Tom (if that's even his real name) would tell us, but then he might have to kill us.
[insert Mission Impossible music here]

FooTemps
03-25-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by AGD
What do you think we can produce with YEARS of effort???!!!!

AGD

Something very good. :D

Sorry tom, I just had to. It just seemed too funny to pass up.

M-a-s-sDriver
03-25-2002, 11:57 PM
If they are asking 45 large for that "furin" .50 cal then the pot smoking needs to be curtailed. My recent inquiries into the Mcmillian gas-op semi was "only" 9500 bucks, with a much better muzzle brake. The cool one is the Barret Bullpup style...it's just bad.
Everyone needs to get there own 50 cal sniper before they get all banned.
Besides...everyone knows they are just paintball guns.
Brent Jackson, PFB.

Snooky
03-26-2002, 12:23 AM
saw this gun today and the military paintballs. it was really sweet to see in person.

Webmaster
03-26-2002, 10:43 AM
Now that the cat is out of the bag - so to speak... learn more about the xm303:

http://www.fnmfg.com/lawenf/xm303/xm303.htm

http://www.global-enforcement.com/sum01/xm303.shtml

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as41-e.htm
(read within the article - its not shown, but the xm303 can attatch to thier new F2000 modular design weapon)

http://www.ngaus.org/legislative/finalresolutions01.pdf
(read resoluton 103 - the National Guard is already lining up to use them.)

all of this was found with a google search - not much on it - but looks like it will be used to save lives in dangerous situations...

AllAmericanMag
03-26-2002, 10:49 AM
I never EVER want to get on Tom's bad side...

Vegeta
04-04-2002, 08:56 PM
This went down for some reason.. o well...

I saw the thing on FN's site the other day... It looks real great... now u need to find a way to get the silencer they use on the P90 on that thing.

ANd for those who think this is bad publicity for AGD (them making mil spec weps, nonleathal or not) just think.. thees weapons will be used to stop thousands of criminals all over the world. I bet that puts a nice warm felling in Tom... eh.

zads27
04-05-2002, 01:22 AM
Hm those look sweet...
I wonder if one day those will ever be tourny/recball legal! (I know I know what you'll all say)
but really, couldn't it be a reality (one day)?

Then and only then would all that paintball spin talk and such really be true!

EDIT:

the XM303 can launch a variety of 8-gram, 12-gauge projectiles.

geez, aren't regular paintballs 3 grams?
think of an 8 gram welt!
but hey, I'd take that hit for the added range and accuracy to my marker..