PDA

View Full Version : 200 Dollar Gift Card Winner,./.,./

brian terry
03-24-2002, 08:43 PM
THE WINNER IS THORDIC ,guys and girls i looked at all the post friday and saturday ,let me tell you it was very hard to pick the winner ,i felt bad that i was not able to give everyone something ,all the post are great ,and i want to thank all of you that did post ,im going to give something even bigger away in may something really big,.//;

HoppysMag
03-24-2002, 08:49 PM
Congrats Thordic.....:D

Clare
03-24-2002, 08:50 PM
I bet it WAS pretty hard to pick just one!
Congrats Thordic :)

mag59459
03-24-2002, 09:02 PM
what $200 gift card?

I obviously missed something.

a_malfunction
03-24-2002, 09:04 PM
yeah me too

FordPrefect
03-24-2002, 09:19 PM
:confused: Tell me, WHY DIDN'T I KNOW ABOUT THIS. I COULD USE A $200 THINGY FOR SOMEWHERE.:confused:

ArthurDent
03-24-2002, 09:34 PM
what was the contest?

Mega Man
03-24-2002, 09:35 PM
for those of you who missed out on it, it was a contest to post the best summary of why you love your mag. Brian donated a $200 gift certificate from Smart Parts out of his own pocket. This was the winning post:

Originally Posted By Thordic

Why do I love my mag?

How about the fact that I can absolutely not touch it, not even clean it, not oil it, for months, and it still performs great? Maintenance is minimal, and performance remains unaffected. It is a brick. My gun gets in dirt, it gets covered in paint, it gets rained on, it gets banged around, and god knows what other tortures, and without even having to TOUCH it, I know for a fact it will be ready to go the next time I need to play. All the time, every time.

And when I do maintain it? Easy as pie. No stupid timing rods, no annoying little tubes and hoses. Only parts that need replacing are o-rings, and even those rarely. Entire gun field strips without tools, cleans up, and is reassembled in VERY little time. If for some reason an o-ring went out on you, you could be fixed and running again in very little time. With most other guns, you'd miss a lot more play time while you tried to diagnose the problem.

And what about customer service? The one time I had a problem (IE, when I was too stupid to put the rail bushing back in), I called up, talked to Jon, sent it in, had him fix it, and sent it back. ZERO hassle. Cost to me? Shipping to AGD. What did I get out of it? A working marker with new internals. I don't know any other company with the same level of absolutely outstanding customer service.

Automags.org just seals the deal. Nowhere else is there such a massive support network. Any problem/question/etc related to mags or paintball in general is available in one place. Tom and his legions of techs are on all the time answering questions and are always being helpful. Automags.org was what made me buy my mag in the first place, and its what has kept me going in the time since.

FordPrefect
03-24-2002, 09:53 PM
Oh, that. The first time I read that post, I hadn't gotten my 'Mag yet, so ummmmm......, yea. I really could have won. Observe. i LOVE MY "MAG EBCAUSE IT WORKS AND TI IS E-Z TWO mAINTIN.

Kaiser Bob
03-24-2002, 10:31 PM
Aww, I thought I had it for sure... :( Ah, well I guess ill have to get my freak the hard way...STEALING one! Congrats Thordic and thanks Brian for doing this nice thing for us.

Snooky
03-24-2002, 10:33 PM
Congrats to thordic. I almost forgot all about this contest. I remeber posting in that. anyone have a link?

Clare
03-24-2002, 10:35 PM
clicky clicky (http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=25459)
there you go

Thordic
03-24-2002, 10:37 PM
Wow. Dunno what to say but thanks for the opportunity. Brian Terry is the mack daddy of Automags.org :)