PDA

View Full Version : Paintball a sport??

IROCU
03-24-2002, 08:52 PM
Just wanted to know what you guys consider a sport? Like what your criteria is? How is a "game" or other activity classified at being a true sport? I have to give a breif oral presentation at school, just wanted to make sure I could back up the fact that paintball is a sport (and a damn good one at that). Thanks in advance. :D

FeelTheRT
03-24-2002, 08:57 PM
well by defenetion it is very much a sport. But then so would kickball, foozball, hopsctoch, wallball and running track.

It really depends what you compare it to. I meen its also how you look at it and how you play it. It's mind bottling that currling is not only a sport, but an olympic sport. Comparing to that... paintball is defenetly a sport even to those who think it's just camo running around and shooting. Most people on the boards will tell you that it is a sport, just because everyone here plays it.

zekewh
03-24-2002, 08:59 PM
Well, this is how I look at it. We have leagues, like the NPPL for example. We have many teams that come together in a competion to win. We have refs that regulate the leagues and players. PBall teams have sponosors like the other sports. Really, I can't see how this isn't a sport. I like to keep things short and simple. So, that is my 2 cents until I find more change later and post more.

BTW, if curling (from the olympics)is a sport...this better be a sport!!

IROCU
03-24-2002, 09:01 PM
Yeah I understand that, that's why I asked for specifics as to why paintball is a sport other than the fact that we all love to play it as much as possible. Thanks for the reply.

FordPrefect
03-24-2002, 09:04 PM
That it is not a sport if you can drink a beer and play at the same time(although I do enjoy softball and bowling). And I don't see how you can fit a beer bottle under goggles in a game, and then drink. And what if you are running to a bunker, and someone shoots a paintball into the beer?

FeelTheRT
03-24-2002, 09:04 PM
zekewh: would u say kickball is a sport? there are adult leagues and refferee's for kickball as wel...

raehl
03-24-2002, 09:07 PM
There are college and high school teams who play competitively....

That's gotta mean something, right? (It better, or I'm wasting a lot of time! :))

- Chris