PDA

View Full Version : Micromag vs Automag

SemperFi
03-24-2002, 10:22 PM
Just wandering about everyones opinion of the micromag is it reliable, accurate, and worth the extra money or do you prefer the automag? Everyone post your opinions.

The Mag Man
03-24-2002, 11:06 PM
I like the looks and the light weight of Micros but thats about it. The major difference, is that the Micros come stock with a single trigger Benchmark frame which has a really horrible, long, sloppy trigger pull. I've always read on this forum about a lot of Benchmark trigger frame users that they chop a lot of balls because they short stroke their trigger a lot becasue of it's crappy arse pull.

MICRO
03-25-2002, 04:34 AM
I WAS TOLD MICROMAGS WERE MORE ACCURATE AND SHOOT FARTHER BECAUSE THE BALL DROPS IN THE CHAMBER,WHICH INTURNS IS SHOT THROUGH THE ENTIRE BARREL. AUTOMAGS MINIMAGS DROP IN BARREL. THAT IS WHAT I WAS TOLD. ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY INPUT.

FooTemps
03-25-2002, 06:52 AM
No such thing. All accuracy in paintball is the paint to barrel match and consistency. It has nothing to do with wheather a gun is close or open bolt of wheather it has cocker or mag threads.

mykroft
03-25-2002, 10:30 AM
I'm not a fan of the Micro's. They do take cocker barrels (Which is a plus), and are a bit lighter, but they don't fit intelliframes properly (And the Benchy 2x is horrible), PTP's customer support sucks, and the milling is fugly.

On the plus side, AIR valves will fit an Extreem body, so you could build a Extreem AutoMag, instead of a Extreem RT or E-Mag.

FordPrefect
03-25-2002, 10:44 AM
One thing about the Micros is that the new ones are vertical feeds(I don't think that you can get 'um powerfeed) so you will have blowback.

cphilip
03-25-2002, 11:00 AM
Here is a story fo a micro gone bad: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5749&highlight=Micro+Emag

Yes! Its from Russ, the black hole of new products! Sorry Russ...;)

azheat99
03-25-2002, 01:31 PM
I'm currently using a Micromag RT with a powerfeed, Revvie with xboard, long nose foamie bolt and parabolic plug. Just played yesterday and chopped one ball in about 1200. Forgot to turn the revvie on. No chops after that. With a little bit of tweaking, this thing rocks. Also using the Benchmark double trigger. It came with the single trigger, but after playing with both, I prefer the double. Also, rarely have a barrel break after switching to the Equation 8" Bizerk with inserts. And yes, this 8" barrel is accurate. I like the styling of the Micro better as well as using cocker barrels since I never have to worry about nubbin problems.

kutter
03-25-2002, 01:49 PM
Mykroft, I am not sure why you think Intelliframes do not fit properly, mine works just fine. With my superbolt, intelliframe and RT valve, it works as well as any 'Mag out there.

Mine is a powerfeed so I can't say for sure about blowback but I have not heard anyone complaining about it with a longnose bolt and that is what the Micros come standard with, or at least mine did. I replaced my bolt with a superbolt since recoil on a Micro is even worse than on a regular 'Mag. Since then I do not chop paint, even paint that averaged less than 3 on bounce test.

Now I know that the Micro E's have had some problems, but I still think that its a great marker. Unfortunately it will or has already become obselete by the SFL and Extremes. If for no other reason than the breach and ACE setups, but perhaps PTP will iron out the bugs and begin making them with the breach and ACE like the others. Then it would be hard not to consider it as an option.