PDA

View Full Version : Classic Automag problems

Hightio
03-25-2002, 12:32 AM
I bought a Classic Automag about 2 1/2 years ago when I lived in minnesota ( i since moved to virginia and havent really played paintball since but now im moving back to minnesota) from an internet company. I got it in a package that came with a propower expansion kit w/ bottom line. i followed the video and put it together and when i went to put the co2 on it leaked out of every hose connection , at first i figured it was just the hoses werent on tight enough so i used a pliers to get them on but they still leaked so then i tried just hooking it up as if it didnt have an expansion chamber on it ( the expansion chamber is still connected to the gun just not by any hoses, its sort of like a grip ) and it still leaked from both hose connections. the pin behind the trigger puffed up a little so there had to be at least some of the c02 flowing through the gun but i am tired of going to the stores and filling up my co2's and i only have 1 star on my gun so i really dont know what to do and since i dont really know a whole lot about how paintball guns work or more importantly , why mine doesnt, i would appreciate suggestions

banzaimf
03-25-2002, 02:32 AM
teflon tape aka ptfe tape aka plumbers tape. You need to have some teflon tape around each set of threads on each connection.

banzaimf

The_Vince
03-25-2002, 07:27 AM
Dial out the velocity , add teflon tape. Try that.. if it doesn't work, I don't know how you feel about taking the reg apart...

Always use Teflon.. always!

soilent green
03-25-2002, 09:04 AM
use teflon tape becarefull not to go past the end of the fittings cause you'll get teflon in your valve DON'T take your valve apart if you didn't know to use teflon tape don't take the valve apart don't feel hurt I'm just trying to save you a head ach like with my firts gun a talon I took apart ant lost a piece to stick around the forum and learn some stuff

Army
03-25-2002, 09:25 AM
Better to find some blue or green Loc-Tite, do not use red.

If it is just the hose fittings, this will have nothing to do with the valve so don't mess with it.

Just a drop on the threads of the elbows will fully seal the fittings.

A bottle of Loc-Tite will last forever, so see if you can use somebody elses rather that buy your own, unless you want to.:cool:

Hightio
03-25-2002, 10:06 AM
also , there are 2 hoses that came with my gun package.. should i use the hose that has 2 pieces that plug into eachother or the 1 whole hose and also , where exactly do you put the tape or drop or stuff , im sort of retarded when it comes to the obviou

The_Vince
03-25-2002, 10:58 AM
Don't use Loc-Tite... On the threaded end of the hose applie a light layer of the teflon tape to it.. only there, make sure you do not go beyond the last thread.. teflon in the internals will really gunk things up...

Use the hose configuration that feels best.

anthraxxx
03-25-2002, 03:49 PM
Although you can use regular plumber teflon tape I understand it is better to ask for teflon tape that is used for air tools. Ask at a big hardware store and they will have it. Regular plumbers teflon will work as well. OK wrap the teflon onto the part that screws into the hole. Wrap t around the thread and try to get it so that when you screw it in the tape will not unravel itself. Like everyone said make sure you don't go over the last thread so that the tape will interfere with air flow. Also I find you want to put a healthy amount of plumbers teflon on or sometimes you will still get a leak. Thats why I understand air tools teflon is better. it is thicker and you don't require as much.

Good luck man.