PDA

View Full Version : mag, palmers, co2?

shrek98
03-25-2002, 07:59 AM
Hi guys! Just wondering about a few things. I am thinking of purchasing an automag for the first time and I was wonderiong about the use of co2 with the palmers stabilizer on it. will the gun shoot good and be efficient, or will it freeze up and be unefficiant. I have heard from people to buy a mag and use co2 is a waste of the gun, but we only have a co2 fill on the private land where we play. Can I us

e co2 with the satb and a anti siphon tank? Or will I freeze it up?
thanks,
numan98

soilent green
03-25-2002, 08:14 AM
mags work on CO2 ok without anything but I saw an awsome CO2 mag it had an expansion chamber as the front grip and a sideline stab. it was reall nice and worked good he set the palmers input at 550psi DON'T use a secondary reg if you switch to nitro and the only reg I would say is worth useing for CO2 is the palmer you could also get a scuba fill station for about $200 you can get the tank and fill station. Then an $80 47/3000 steel tank your good to go nitro

Poseidon
03-25-2002, 09:04 PM
If you wanted to go with a stab get a female one with a nice drop. They look sexy :)

shrek98
03-25-2002, 10:12 PM
Ive already got the palmers from my 98. the ease of the co2 where I play is the thing. a day of paint ball for me is about one full case. thats from 9 in the am till we cant see anymore in the woods. I own four markers total, and four different size tanks, of co2. they are tipps and hammer pump. no real need for high dollar tanks on these workhorses. they got a mag at pbg for like 280 with the sp barrel and a front grip, i thought about picking it up, but i dont have compressed air. I just wanted to be sure before I spent the jing.eventually I will get it for the 98 rt lp set up. but I wanted to tryout a mag to see how that is.

FordPrefect
03-26-2002, 01:43 PM
Yea, Mag with a stab will work.:)

athomas
03-26-2002, 06:08 PM
I used a mag, with nothing but an anti-siphon tank, for years. Never had a problem.

Don't use a horizontal mounted CO2 tank without an anti-siphon adapter. Make sure the tank has a slight tilt towards the back of the tank. This will minimize the chances of liquid CO2 from entering the gun.