PDA

View Full Version : AGD factory team (temp name till we pick one) took 2nd at the first CPSA.

Chupas2
03-25-2002, 09:15 AM
This sunday we played the first CPSA event which was held at Operation Paintball. Out of the 14 Am A team we took 2nd. Also wanted to say that Jon (THE airgun Tech) played for the SPORES and they took 4th. We had alot of good games. Didn't lose all day. Won every game except one that went to time. Here are a few pics from that day. Also this was the first trophy for Timmy (the one in Red) He almost cried. We have come so close when he was playing with us and missed it a few time but now he has one.

Chupas2
03-25-2002, 09:16 AM
Here's one of us with Jon

Chupas2
03-25-2002, 09:17 AM
Here's a few action shots. Got to love the warp.

Spaceman613
03-25-2002, 09:18 AM
thought you guys looked familiar.. Congrats

Who else on here played?

skipdogg
03-25-2002, 09:19 AM
congrats

Chupas2
03-25-2002, 09:19 AM
He we are on the break

brian terry
03-25-2002, 09:23 AM
great job guys,dont you just love playing in the woods lol./

Chupas2
03-25-2002, 09:25 AM
Timmy63, Skirts, Bucth Borsic, and Scooter/Cootie

cphilip
03-25-2002, 09:31 AM
Hoodlums!

Just kidding.

Nice job guys. More to come huh?

Chupas2
03-25-2002, 09:32 AM
Just wanted to add Jon was testing an Angel when he was playing and well one game he took a shot right to the hopper (he usally playes with a warp) and he chopped and broke paint all day long. In one game I think he broke everyother ball coming out the gun.

the JoKeR
03-25-2002, 09:33 AM
I feel honored to have been shot by pretty much every player from that first picture!

manike
03-25-2002, 09:34 AM
Congratulations guys that's a fantastic result :)

manike

cphilip
Serves him right..the traitor! :mad:

Mango
Wow great job guys!! Congratulations!

Army
03-25-2002, 09:49 AM
wOOt! ARRIGHT TEEEEAAM!!

Congrats guys, way to rock!

FordPrefect
03-25-2002, 10:08 AM
I bet you can't wait until the AGD jersies coem out.

gibby
03-25-2002, 10:35 AM
Way to go guys! Keep it coming!

Oddball
03-25-2002, 10:55 AM
Nice job guys, now I really can't wait to play the second CPSA in a month or so! Was Rose or Michelle with to take pictures? And what kind of hat is Butch wearing, has he been spending more money? hehe. Well Chupas give me call, I wanted to know all kinds of stuff like what other teams were there, point system, any weird stuff that happened, ect.

agdjon
03-25-2002, 11:00 AM
Cphilip,

I just wanted to see if it was true about the Angel not breaking paint. It sure wasn't. Tried 2 and both chopped paint like there was no tomorrow. My e-mag, on the other hand, didn't chop a single ball:D

cphilip
03-25-2002, 11:02 AM
Ho BOY! let the Angel flammers commense retort!!!!

You are the meanest Tech aren't you? But ya gotta call em like you see em. :cool:

manike
03-25-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by agdjon
My e-mag, on the other hand, didn't chop a single ball :D

Is that because it was in the car while you played with the Angels? :D hehehe just ribbing.

manike

Paintballer86
03-25-2002, 11:25 AM
GREAT JOB GUYS!!!! WAY TO GO!!!

agdjon
03-25-2002, 11:31 AM
Manike:

It was when I was testing the Angels. Don't want the precious baby walking away with someone else :)

cphilip
03-25-2002, 11:36 AM
Hey! wait a minute!!!! my EMag is at AGD right? And Jon is out playing with an EMag this weekend...may I please ask any of you there to tell me what color the EMag Jon had was? Wouldn't be red to orange fade would it? You may email if you would rather.

;)

Chupas2
03-25-2002, 12:05 PM
he was shooting a black micromag. It's his gun. not as good as our butterscotch yo guns but good enough for a 4th place team.:D just kidding. Remember Jon YOU SUCK!!!

Much love brother:)

cphilip
03-25-2002, 12:09 PM
Ok!

Also...least anyone thinks the problem was Jon is just no good with an Angel...I will tell you now he don't know much about Emags neither. So in his hands it was all the same! Fair test I think.

Just kidding you Jon. :D

agdjon
03-25-2002, 12:17 PM
OK both you guys are going down:mad:

hehehe. ya know I love you both :-)

LET THE SMACK TALK BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!11

shartley
03-25-2002, 12:22 PM
Congratz guys and great job!

Doobie
03-25-2002, 12:26 PM
Congrats Guys! AGD representin' !!:cool:

damageinc54
03-25-2002, 12:36 PM
Cphilip,

I just wanted to see if it was true about the Angel not breaking paint. It sure wasn't. Tried 2 and both chopped paint like there was no tomorrow. My e-mag, on the other hand, didn't chop a single ball:D

Speak for yourself. My Emag ate paint like it was a hungry vampire looking for blood. I only used it one game. My cocker on the other hand did not break a single ball. One of my guys told me that one of you butterscotch guys was looking for me. I never did see you though. Hopefully we can hook up at Sudden Impact if I still have the EMag by then. I am very unhappy with it at the moment.

Chupas2
03-25-2002, 12:41 PM
Yeah that was me. I told your guy where we were parked. We'll be at Sudden impact.

drboo
03-25-2002, 01:21 PM
Congrats guys,

I'm glad to hear that Mr. Dead man walking ate some paint curtousy of Butch.

Ps- Thanks to Timmy for milling down my RT body, it looks great.

-Colin

the123
03-25-2002, 01:31 PM
Me and my team, Bio-Hazardous were there as well. We had a great day winning every game in the preliminaries, then single elimination semi-finals we lost a very close game and were out of it.
I wish we would have been able to do like the Am A guys did and just not do any sort of finals, we'd have gotten 2nd as well! Thats paintball though.
Congrats on the 2nd place, and i'll see you at Sudden Impact.
Brian

jah871
03-25-2002, 01:51 PM
i have to get me one of those AGD minivans1 congrats guys. keep up the good work.

mac2k4
03-25-2002, 03:46 PM
what AM. teams were playin?

spacemanspiff
03-25-2002, 05:20 PM
Awsome job guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up.
Oh and I played this weekend with my sfl. Had two chops and count less numbers of breaks down the barrel. Oh well hope the upgrades are coming out soon. :p

skirts
03-25-2002, 06:23 PM
am teams that were in attendance
(that i can remember)

AGD
dv8
ghost dog
opposing force
s.p.o.r.e.s.
groundfire
mission impossible
bam
picassos riot
psycho circus

and i think there was 3 more

good competition

skirts
airgun factory

Timmy63
03-25-2002, 08:35 PM
Sunday was great, my first paintball trophy is a memory I will always keep with me and I'm glad to be sharing it with the guys on the team, and also here on the forum with the AO family.

P.S. I'm glad to hear you like the body Colin.

agdjon
03-26-2002, 07:54 AM
Jonathan: Sorry to hear about the breaks. I just wanted to post that the infallible Angel also breaks paint, not just ours. A lot of people I know of were breaking paint but that may have been due to the weather conditions but I do know one thing, I can always count on my E-mag to work flawlessly compared to my cocker, rainmaker, sovereign, and other markers I own that need not be mentioned.

BTW, the cocker and rainmaker were very reliable at one point, just not anymore.

Timmy: Know what ya mean bro:D

meanelvis
03-26-2002, 08:26 AM
i was supposed to ref that tourney but had to go home to iowa for a reunion (blech)!

did you guys compete on speedball at all? those shots were from one of the less-well-kept-up fields at op.

congrats on your placement!

Spaceman613
03-26-2002, 08:39 AM
Novice (Am B) played on field 1 and field 2. These were the speedball fields at the top of the hill. COLD, wow... They were fun, but some netting would have been nice to have between fields. The paint was quite "interesting." I didnt chop at all during the day (cocker), but I saw a ton of angels making paint stew. Even our Sandridge was breaking paint (barrel breaks). It looked like the majority was barrel breaks with the inconsistant paint, but I couldnt tell.

It was a fun day, but they needed to advertise the fact that they were selling soup and hot chocolate. We didnt find out until the last 45 minutes we were there.

meanelvis
03-26-2002, 08:43 AM
soup, hot chocolate, and the ham 'n cheese sandwiches are excellent :)

they have you guys shootin' polar ice? (solid pink shell) or were you shootin the bi-color rps stuff?

Spaceman613
03-26-2002, 08:48 AM
solid pink.. well golfball shaped pink. I have a case of it in my living room.. UG, I hate polar ice, I culd have prolly used regular RP if they offered it.

agdjon
03-26-2002, 09:15 AM
I was breech breaking. Paint was oozing from where you could remove the bolt (don't know what that area was called).

meanelvis
03-26-2002, 09:18 AM
jeez that sucks.. polar ice can usually take a beating. sounds like you guys' was already beat up or something :(

Spaceman613
03-26-2002, 09:23 AM
The rotobreech? or the doo-wacky? Its odd isnt it? you cant keep paint from breaking in the gun, but I was getting bounces all day. And I think thats the case for everyone.

On a side note, we will probably all be complaining about the heat ina few months, so this aint too completely horrible.

skirts
03-26-2002, 10:04 AM
the paint was kinda crummy, i put over a case of nicer stuff through my emag (w/ super bolt) the day before with tom and it shot flawlessly.
during the event i wasnt chopping but i was breaking a few down the barrel.

speaking of bounces...
i got out to the side of one guy from about 20 feet away and shot him in the butt twice and watched both bounce off, and i was shooting like dead at 300 fps

then again that is a cushy spot to shoot someone...

skirts
airgun factory

Oddball
03-26-2002, 10:56 AM
Why am I not surpised that Skirts was shooting for a guys butt. ;)

Chupas2
03-26-2002, 11:09 AM
:D :D :D :D

Doesn't surpise me either. ;)

But we might have to watch out for Jon and Butch. Check out this pic.

Temo Vryce
03-26-2002, 11:22 AM
I was breech breaking. Paint was oozing from where you could remove the bolt (don't know what that area was called).

That will teach you for using an Angel.

Butch Borsic
03-26-2002, 01:58 PM
Chupas..... YOU ARE A DEAD MAN WALKING

Scooter/Cootie
03-26-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Butch Borsic
Chupas..... YOU ARE A DEAD MAN WALKING

Now <b>THAT's</b> funny. :p

P.S.
Did anyone notice what Butch has under his name?

"AGD Factory, 13bps" :D

Oddball
03-26-2002, 02:20 PM
Hehe, From what I understand, sometimes 10 or 11 bps is good enough.

Ok, now I will shut-up;)

Scooter/Cootie
03-26-2002, 02:25 PM
Butch can shoot 13bps. But you get better chances of shooting someone by going, "bang, bang ... bang, bang ... splash 2!" :D

Chupas2
03-26-2002, 02:36 PM
I agree with Oddball. 10-11 bps is quit good if you know what I mean.:eek:

drboo
03-26-2002, 03:10 PM
Hey guys,

I don't know if anyone other than Chupas or Skirts is using an M-pack, but I was wondering how you like them. With all the snow up here, mine's been sitting in the closet gathering dust.

-Colin

Chupas2
03-26-2002, 03:18 PM
I love it. Timmy is running with one too. They are the best packs ever.

Bull21
03-26-2002, 04:00 PM
By the finish, I see you found a McDonalds. Timmy's freshly shaved head probably helped too.
Great job guys,I'm sure you'll get used to the feeling quick.Take care.:D

Timmy63
03-26-2002, 07:03 PM
Colin- Good buy on the pack. I love mine, the pods draw out with little effort but they don't fall out either. The packs are soooooo comfortable. Scooter/Cootie is also using one.

Thanks Bull21, but we didn't even stop at McDonalds, much less three of them, we hardly ate anything until after the prelims and even then it was just a bowl of soup. Mmmm soup is good.

damageinc54
03-27-2002, 01:39 AM
Jonathan: Sorry to hear about the breaks. I just wanted to post that the infallible Angel also breaks paint, not just ours. A lot of people I know of were breaking paint but that may have been due to the weather conditions but I do know one thing, I can always count on my E-mag to work flawlessly compared to my cocker, rainmaker, sovereign, and other markers I own that need not be mentioned.

I know this much. My Cocker did not break a single ball and my team mates Shocker did not break anything either. The shocker has to be the best gun I have ever seen as far as breaking paint goes. I am very disappointed with my EMag so far. For the money I spent on it so far it is the worst gun I have purchased. I am beginning to think that I should have kept my Bushmaster. I am getting unexplained breaks in the breech and I have tried everything I can think of. You name it, I have tried it. I figured it may have been the centerfeed body, but one of my team mates has a centerfeed Emag with a HALO just like mine and he was ripping on it all day. No problems for him at all. I am going to call up the tech department and see if they can give my EMag a look and see if they can find anything. This is my last resort. If these breaks do not stop after I bring the gun back to AGD I will be buying something else. I paid too much for this gun to be having this many problems with it.

DjGruv
03-27-2002, 03:12 AM
:D Mine shot fine.:p

skirts
03-27-2002, 09:02 AM
damageinc54

i belive you said you were shooting a center feed emag
if that is the case turn down the sps to 12, anything over and you are competing with gravity and probably chopping, if you are still breaking paint down the barrel, try a new bolt, some bolts have a very sharp edge that cracks the ball waiting to fall into the breach, try one of your older bolts and try out a foamie, i have a superbolt on my centerfeed emag, tom rounded the edge of for me and i put a foamie in it and its working flawlesly.

you said you tried everything, but i thought i would throw out a couple easy fixes. if you have tried them and still nothing works, get an RA number from JoAnn and send your gun in to saul or jon.

skirts
airgun factory

Chupas2
03-27-2002, 09:06 AM
Hey Skirts. E-mags go to Saul. Jon does all others.

damageinc54
03-27-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by skirts
damageinc54

i belive you said you were shooting a center feed emag
if that is the case turn down the sps to 12, anything over and you are competing with gravity and probably chopping, if you are still breaking paint down the barrel, try a new bolt, some bolts have a very sharp edge that cracks the ball waiting to fall into the breach, try one of your older bolts and try out a foamie, i have a superbolt on my centerfeed emag, tom rounded the edge of for me and i put a foamie in it and its working flawlesly.

you said you tried everything, but i thought i would throw out a couple easy fixes. if you have tried them and still nothing works, get an RA number from JoAnn and send your gun in to saul or jon.

skirts
airgun factory

I have tried all of that. I tried my superbolt, my stock longnose bolt, my old stock bolt from my RT, and my ANS venturi bolt from my RT. I have tried plastic nubins and wire nubins. Stock barrel, freak barrel, DYE barrel. Turned down the input pressure. Tried my HALO and my Rev. Different paints. I have tried the BPS at 8,9,10, etc. Still get the unexplained chops. Nasty chops right in the breech. Paint everywhere!!! You name it, I have tried it. What really blows my mind is that I can put the same paint and barrel on my RT and rip it with no breaks.

manike
03-27-2002, 10:52 AM
Damageinc,

Try looking down the feed tube. Is it perfectly smooth all the way into the breech? i.e. where it is attached to the main body tube? I suspect you have a misaligned tube which is causing balls to hang up when feeding into the gun... I've seen this happen way back when the old hirise bodies were made.

If it's not a kink in the stainless body parts alignment then it may be an alignment issue with the barrel once in place. Again check that the hole is perfectly open without the edge of the barrel aperture getting in the way.

The problems you are having relate to exactly that situation with a prototype RT body that was made for me.

manike