PDA

View Full Version : Clemson University club team "Engineered Mayhem " took 1st in NCPA at Dalton Ga.

cphilip
03-25-2002, 11:26 AM
New flash from FatMan "I thought everyone should know that our University club team "Engineered Mayhem" took first place in the NCPA tourney in Dalton on Saturday!"

cphilip
03-25-2002, 12:14 PM
Some details so far: It was Mike Kreiness, Rob Long,
Charlie Hailey, Steve Smith and Lance Parrish. Mike was shooting a Vortex autococker, Steve was using his AKA Merlin Autococker, Rob his upgraded 2000 autococker, Lance was shooting his ANS GX3 Chaos autococker, and Charlie was using a black LCD Angel (not sure what year and stuff it's
lances angel) the "Smurf" Mag (this is the one that I built, remember her?) saw a few games use after some other gun difficulty.

The Citadel 1 team came in second and LSU Gold came in third.

shartley
03-25-2002, 12:31 PM
Good job guys. :D

raehl
03-25-2002, 01:20 PM
You guys need to forget finals and get to Nationals. Tell those professors you have an important school function or something, heh.

- Chris

cphilip
03-25-2002, 01:30 PM
...call in sick or take em early I say! ;)

These guys owe it all to me. I was one of their official targets for the whole year!

drboo
03-25-2002, 01:35 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by raehl
[B]You guys need to forget finals and get to Nationals. Tell those professors you have an important school function or something, heh.

Damn skippy. I've already told my prof's I have a school sponsored event that I'll be at the friday of nationals. I just neglected to let them know it was paintball :) Michigan Tech will be down!

See you there...

-Colin

raehl
03-25-2002, 01:41 PM
I had professors excuse me from midterms to go to Skyball, heh.

You know, I'm really beginning to think AO is the other college paintball web board - there's really quite a few college players on here. In fact.... I think this mandates a poll. ;) (Can regular users start polls? Guess we're about to find out.)

- Chris

cphilip
03-25-2002, 01:43 PM
Sure they can! And I think you are right there are a lot of em it seems. Finally a real poll! ;)

cphilip
03-26-2002, 07:00 AM
Here is some more details and some play by play:

We placed fourth coming out of preliminaries, with these results:

1st: Citadel A-Team
2nd: Virginia Tech
3rd: LSU Gold Team
4th: Engineered Mayhem (Clemson)

The top four teams went into finals with the others not making it.

Finals were played round-robin on a short Sup-Air field.

Engineered Mayhem (EM) lost the first game of finals to LSU Gold, but managed to eliminate 2 of their players for a few points.

EM won the second game against LSU Gold with Lance Parrish and Mike Kreiness finishing off the game with a nice bunker move.

EM also won the last game against Citadel A Team. A key player for Citadel was eliminated on the break, openning the door to a 4 minute victory with EM receiving all 100 possible points. The game wound up with a dramatic bunker play with Steve and Rob rushing the last player while Lance, Charlie and Mike advanced down the field for the flag pull and to provide support and cover fire.

The tournament was an awesome experience, and I want to acknowledge the outstanding job of Tom Blevins, the field owner of Regulators Outpost (RegulatorsOutpost.com). The reffing was professional and courteous. The refs were very personable and the games were run in quick sucession so that
we did not have to stand around waiting to play.

The players that represented Clemson and Team Engineered Mayhem are as follows, in alphabetical order by last name.

Charles Hailey, Angel and a Mag
Michael Kreiness, Vortex Autococker w/ Eclipse Blade frame
Robert Long, Custom Autococker w/ WGP Hinge frame
Lance Parrish, GX-3 Autococker, then Angel
Steve Smith, Custom Autococker on AKA Merlin body

The team performed well this weekend, with all 5 players contributing to the overall success of the team. We had a log of paint fired as cover fire from the back and we had 3 great guys playing front taking the game to the other
team.

Thanks for the interest and if you have any questions just post to the list.

-rob

And then some more detail:

At the behest of my team mates, I am correcting my poor mistake

The second game of finals was against VT, Virginia Tech.
and when Lance thoroughly bunkered the last guy, that VT player turned around to shoot Lance, even though he has been stiched by Lance's mighty Angel, to this Lance responded, at the top of his lungs, to the delight of the crowd,

"YOU BETTER NOT SHOOT MEEEEE!!!!!"

at this point, the crowd goes silent, the refs look around, and the VT player cowers away from Lance in what can only be described as a pathetic gesture.

cphilip
03-26-2002, 07:02 AM
And a picture (hope its not too big)

http://people.clemson.edu/~sss/images/sacc/trophy.jpg

speedballbanks
03-26-2002, 10:27 AM
good job guys oh by the way phil here it is a little smaller.

raehl
03-26-2002, 11:09 AM
Good at paintball.

Bad at matching uniforms.

;)

- Chris

cphilip
03-26-2002, 11:54 AM
YA! They need to coordinate them outfits don't they!

I am sure if someone wants to sponser them some jerseys though....Hmmmmmmm.....:D

cfhiv
03-26-2002, 12:02 PM
First, we are the team formerly known as clockwork orange...we are now Engineered Mayhem.

Oh and just wait til you see the new jerseys....youll all be jealous....

raehl
03-26-2002, 12:06 PM
If you guys want to hold off on Jersies for a little bit, I have something in the works on that front that you'll definitely like....

- Chris

cphilip
03-26-2002, 12:06 PM
Yes sorry guys I am correcting that now. My bad as I took it from Walts post. Forgot you are using the new name.

cphilip
03-26-2002, 12:13 PM
By the way you guys this new member "cfhiv" above happens to be, I think if I am deducing his profile correctly, Charles Hailey. He is one of the team members and a Mag user sometimes. He has "the Smurf". And he is new here also. So lets welcome him here too!

speedballbanks
03-26-2002, 12:18 PM
cfhiv have fun this is the best forum around!!!!!

mezpo
03-27-2002, 02:57 PM
yet another college player here. Representing Clemson's Engineered Mayhem. Also a former mag owner(would of kept it if it was vertical feed and if i wanst making money on the deal).

cphilip
03-27-2002, 03:06 PM
mezpo is Steve Smith one of our "boys" here from Clemson Univesity Team. Good to see you on Steve!