PDA

View Full Version : CP kit vs freak kit vs equation pro

DaosBeoulve
03-25-2002, 04:15 PM
Alright, I know there have been MULTIPLE threads about each of these, but I haven't found the exact answers I've been looking for using the search feature... I've been pricing barrel systems the past few days, and I think I can get any of those within my price range(well, except the full CP kit--I don't have over $300 to spend on a barrel right now...) Can anyone give me pros and cons about each of these? People who have each of these kits, how do you like them? Any negative aspects of any of these I should know about? Thanks for everything guys and gals.

(ps--if a thread similar to this has been posted before, just point me to it and feel free to delete this one... I searched for one, but came up with nothing...)

Miscue
03-25-2002, 04:20 PM
I like the CP Kit myself...

paint king
03-25-2002, 04:21 PM
never used the Cp but i have used the freak and multiple switch. The only drawback to the freak is that the inserts dent kinda easily. (never dented mine but it could happen). The equation's inserts are tougher and i just plain like it more. Its more custamizable sp?. Well thats my opinion.

wyn1370
03-25-2002, 04:25 PM
I can only tell you about my freak experience. Getting my second one from don soon. The inserts do seem delecate, but if you take good care of them you'll be fine. I've had my first set for a year with no problems. Only getting a second, so I can run my two intimidators on the same paint at the same time.

DaosBeoulve
03-25-2002, 04:26 PM
Alright, another question looking at the CP kit--what happens if I end up getting an xtreme in the future? will I have to buy all new backs because of the different style 'threads'? I might be completely off, but that's how it looks to me....

Miscue
03-25-2002, 04:33 PM
Yeah, you would need new bores. That's the downside.

wyn1370
03-25-2002, 04:50 PM
w/ the freak you would only need a new back.

DaosBeoulve
03-25-2002, 05:00 PM
Hmmm.... I hate choices sometimes.... I really liked the CP kit more when I was pricing, but having to buy all new bores if I change guns is a pretty big downside... So, I guess it's between the multiple switch and the freak... Just how easy do the freak inserts dent? The multiple switch looks more customizable, but isn't having all the various screw in pieces leaving the door open to a slight mismatch that would turn my gun into a paint blender? I guess I'm mainly just worried because I don't want to spend upwards of $200 on a kit and then not be absolutely happy with it... Mayhaps this weekend when I go out to play someone will have a freak kit and I can talk them into letting me see how I like it... Anyone with the multiple switch kit in the Nashville, TN area so I can try it out as well?;)

Cliffio
03-25-2002, 05:07 PM
ive got both, and yes there is that downside to the CP but it shoots better than the freak

like i said i have both:)

DaosBeoulve
03-25-2002, 05:11 PM
How does it shoot better cliffio? quieter? more gas efficient? or just all around better? Sorry I keep asking all these questions, but I'm indecisive and heck, it took me 4 months to decide on my RT Pro...:D

Cliffio
03-25-2002, 05:17 PM
maybe its just a personal thing, but I believe that it shoots better just all around better, its easier to clean, its rather quite, it looks sweet

in my opinion its just a higher quality barrel kit when compared to the freak

it shoots like a dream

Cliff

theraidenproject
03-25-2002, 06:59 PM
If i was to buy one, I think I'd get the CP. The only thing is, the Freak has more inserts. So, to any CP kit owners out there, have you ever not had an insert that would fit paint well? also, which would be cheaper (actual stores not MSRP), all the Cp backs + polished front, or the freak's stainless back, all inserts, + "silver" 10" freak front? Thanks a lot.

Bartleby
03-25-2002, 08:21 PM
i have a freak and i proudly admit it was the greatest purchase i've made for my setup. i'm always dead on accurate and i've never had a problem. although i have heard a lot of things about the inserts being quite fragile i myself have never dented or damaged any part of the barrel. i've had it for about a year and played about once a week since i got it and it's been problem free. i've even dropped a few inserts a number of times and while maybe it was just the way they hit the ground i have yet to damage one. i'm sorry i can't give more insight on the cp but i hope this helps. goodluck with your decision.

FooTemps
03-25-2002, 08:29 PM
Has anyone on AO tried the equation system?

kutter
03-25-2002, 09:48 PM
I am wondering why no one mentioned the ACI Phat system. Is there something undesireable about it? I was thinking of getting that or the Freak.

DaosBeoulve
03-25-2002, 09:57 PM
I didn't think they made those for automags?:confused: That's probably why no one mentioned them...

toymyster
03-25-2002, 10:00 PM
I have a Freak right now, however, I'm waiting on an Equation kit!!! As soon as they make a 'Mag set, thery'll send me one!!! I like Equation barrels, They are well made, and the guys pay lots of attention to quality, like AGD!!!

Cliffio
03-25-2002, 10:00 PM
what is this Equation kit your reffering to?

FooTemps
03-25-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by toymyster
I have a Freak right now, however, I'm waiting on an Equation kit!!! As soon as they make a 'Mag set, thery'll send me one!!! I like Equation barrels, They are well made, and the guys pay lots of attention to quality, like AGD!!!

The new equation pro has a mag set already.

DaosBeoulve
03-25-2002, 10:04 PM
http://www.equationusa.com/

There's the link...

(and footemps already beat me to saying they make them for mags... that's why I've been looking at them...)

toymyster
03-25-2002, 10:05 PM
It's made by Equation!! I don't know the official name for it!! It has inserts, similar to the freak, but the inserts are teflon coated satinless, not aluminum!! And the O-ring is around the insert, not in the barrel, which makes it easier to change, that and it can be as short as about 7in in length, makes a very nbarrel set!!!

Cliffio
03-25-2002, 10:06 PM
i dunno is that new??
i would go with a tryed and tested barrel system not the newest fad

but thats just me

toymyster
03-25-2002, 10:10 PM
I shot the prototype on an Angel, and Wow!!!! It shot better than anything I've ever seen!!!! And remember, whent the Freak came out, it was a "newest fad"!!!

ArthurDent
03-25-2002, 10:13 PM
http://www.equationusa.com/teflon_system.html hre cliffio

theraidenproject
03-25-2002, 11:17 PM
that new equation barrel system is awesome. I priced what i would get @ $217 (automag concave clear adapter, clear 6" dragon extension, clear ek47 muzzle, complete insert set) . more than the freak, but more inserts, it looks to be more durable, and its arguably cooler.
toymyster - so you dont need the extensions? thats great. i love short barrels and thats another $36 off the price, making it more competitive w/ the freak.

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
03-26-2002, 10:08 AM
Haha... now i know what my next barrel system is gonna be for my bushy... (equation)

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
03-26-2002, 10:12 AM
acutally.... never mind, those muzzle breaks are as fugly as it gets. Damn right when a quality barrel comes along, they ruin it :(

soilent green
03-26-2002, 10:42 AM
the CP kit is made better higher tolerences and stuff the freak is great and I love it it is more versitile and if you have multiple guns with different threads thats the way to go I'd go with the freak in your case

paint king
03-26-2002, 06:41 PM
Okay i have an equation and i got the whole set for 180. By the way when the color says "clear" its really a chrome. When you screw them in they fit together perfectly and wont make your gun a paint blender. By the way if you order the system and you dont like it there is a 7 day money back gurantee. They have had no one send the barrel back because it works great. Its the best barrel ive used and i will never sell it.

theraidenproject
03-26-2002, 07:09 PM
paint king - how does it work without the extender? you dont NEED it, right? for 180, thats the original equation, not pro, right? if not, then where did you get it? thanks.

side note - why would people buy the complete sets? why would you need more than one length? seems like a waste of $ to me, cuz i like short barrels

also, why would you need different bore size adapters, if the insert goes in there? am i missing something, or do these not work how i thought they did?
edit - forget about that last part, i was looking at the old system

FooTemps
03-26-2002, 08:23 PM
I put together a custom set for myself and I found the price to be 180. I just picked the styles i liked and picked three inserts, the ones i'd most likely buy. The equation seems like a really good deal to me. I want to buy one when I get a mag and get into tourney games.