PDA

View Full Version : New Intimitadors! No Longer Ugly!!!

AllAmericanMag
03-25-2002, 06:13 PM
I still don't want one, but hey, it looks cooler now.
http://www.boblong.com/

wyn1370
03-25-2002, 06:14 PM
mine got shipped today, should be here on thurs.

Cliffio
03-25-2002, 06:16 PM
still looks ugly imo:)

Cliff

Jonneh
03-25-2002, 06:22 PM
what? They've ruined it

The original timmy looked 3 * 10^423442342 times better than that. Now its just a goddamn impulse/bushy clone.

Cliffio
03-25-2002, 06:24 PM
yup looks like the new style impulse to me, Rat impulse/GZ Imp

all look the same

boblong and his copy catting

FordPrefect
03-25-2002, 06:26 PM
I hate it how almost all of the electronic markers turn out looking the same('cept for the Emag), execpt for some have more milling than others.

Nitroduck
03-25-2002, 06:28 PM
An Intimidator has always been a Bushmaster clone, Bob Long just decided to make it more obvious.

Its kinda funny....When BL decided to make a new gun, he tried to pull away from the Defiant, and to the Timmy, now hes going back to a more Defiant-esque look by hacking off the front pneu HPR and going with a normal inline HPR.

lopxtc
03-25-2002, 06:30 PM
I love my timmy to no end, but the GZ's look like Spyders ... :(

Aaron

speedballbanks
03-25-2002, 07:20 PM
but in my opinion it loks better then an old timmy oh yeah i got the picture off of the site had to print screen and do a little airbrush but hey i got it here it is in case you want it.

Jonno06
03-25-2002, 07:27 PM
Eh,them Bob Long Imitators suck.They dont look any different,and they are still ugly.nice triggers,but ugly.

speedballbanks
03-25-2002, 07:29 PM
one more question? how do they get there guns to float possibly EVIL ELVES lol haha

mountaindud
03-25-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by AllAmericanMag
I still don't want one, but hey, it looks cooler now.
http://www.boblong.com/

Shut up Mike, you know you'll be talking about buying one for a week

AllAmericanMag
03-25-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by mountaindud

Shut up Mike, you know you'll be talking about buying one for a week

You shut up Mike, I already bought a gun.

headcase
03-25-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Nitroduck
An Intimidator has always been a Bushmaster clone, Bob Long just decided to make it more obvious.

Its kinda funny....When BL decided to make a new gun, he tried to pull away from the Defiant, and to the Timmy, now hes going back to a more Defiant-esque look by hacking off the front pneu HPR and going with a normal inline HPR.

Actually that isn't the new general release Intimidator, that is the GZ Intimidator, it's a special edition Intimidator made like the Ground Zero team markers. GZ liked how the Timmy preformed, but not how it felt, so Bob took their input and made this version for them. It is supposed to be a limited edition.

There is a "2002" Intimidator in the works, but very limited infomation has been released on it.

polorboy
03-25-2002, 08:25 PM
I remember when GZ (Ground Zero) got them. Rosey was having problems with the anti-chop eye. He kept turning it off while we were playing by accident. When it got turned off the gun didn't shoot. It was pretty funny to watch, all of a sudden he would be lighting up my bunker (during a drill) and then the gun would just stop shooting and he would get this really confused look on his face. They are awsome guns though, painfully accurate. They are pretty light too. I really liked them when I saw them.

P.S: My team was practicing with them when they got them. That is how I know this. They helped us get ready for Skyball, which they won! :D. Our B team placed third in their division (Novice).

rpm07
03-25-2002, 08:53 PM
anyone know how much they are going for

Prezents
03-25-2002, 08:56 PM
I think it now is starting to look like the SP Imp.

InfinatyBPS
03-25-2002, 09:21 PM
Introducing the new Intimidator.... *YAY YAY YAY* Now with new Spyder Style body. Now you can look like the newb you play like...

umm, err, can we say a new spyder clone with a electro frame? I know its more than that but thats what it looks like, the reg just looks like an LPC now, well the up side is that you can play in the begginer devision at ur feild, cause they will think u have a spyder clone...

headcase
03-25-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by rpm07
anyone know how much they are going for

the lowest price allowed is 895.

MajorDamage
03-25-2002, 09:56 PM
Wow! I really like it! Looks nice! I like that it has the non-spyder looking trigger! Very sweet.

ENDO!

Fred
03-25-2002, 10:24 PM
I could have slapped a boo-yah frame on my old millenium and called it an Intimidator! hehehe

Wyn.... I like the old ones better, they at least had a unique look to them with that fugly grip frame and gaudy double reg... :P

just razzing you. :D

It does look a little bit too much like a bushy though...

TheBigRaguPB4L
03-25-2002, 11:49 PM
i don't know how you see them looking like spyders but whatever. i've played with them twice in the past few weeks and i know they've been trying to sell them. they're letting everyone down at the new indoor shoot them. trigger is really sweet. they offered to me but i declined. they are definitely fast. been shot quite a few times from those things.

liigod
03-26-2002, 12:38 AM
Yes i own a ground zero timmy. I bough it over an emag. Why, cus it costs less and is just as effective. All of the people on this forum say that no gun is more acurate than another as long as its just as conistant. Well my GZ gets
+-2fps. And its dead on. I did a trigger job on the trigger job and its perfect now. A great buy for 900. Thats the price of a used e-brik. Not that i dont like emags, but they arent for me. I gotta have an anti chop eye for 900 bucks.

wyn1370
03-26-2002, 07:37 AM
Well when I get mine I'll give a full report. I'm quite fond of the looks.
PS Fred, you're toast on april 20th, now to figure out a way to get on the other team.

bornl33t
03-26-2002, 10:44 AM
they're no longer ugly.... but generic... what a trade off! I think I like the old ones better... they at least had personality..... *sigh*

covadsucks
03-26-2002, 11:10 AM
Geez. Wait till the the 2K2 Timmy is unveiled. It's going to be a much better model than the previous while still retaining the some of the looks of the original. I've seen the current plans for them and they are baaaaaaaaaaaaad. If you don't like the GZ or the Dragon Timmy, or the current production model, just wait a lil while till the new .45 frame is released. It'll come standard on the 2k2's.

ronron2112
03-26-2002, 02:45 PM
i know im the only one but...

the new ones are ugly.. i like the old ones more!!:p

::: Ducks behind chair:::

wyn1370
03-27-2002, 10:27 AM
well my GZ showed up today. If the rest of my stuff comes this week I'll take her out for a spin on saturday and give a full report.

MikeCouves
03-27-2002, 11:00 AM
What the hell?! Is it only me or does that look plastic? Is doesn't look near as good as the old one! OMG what have they done! A team here shoots Timmy's, and they look way better!

lopxtc
03-27-2002, 12:20 PM
I have an original model and I love it so much more. The grips are one of the best things, I find that they fit my firing position fine and it drops my 45/4500 to just the right position to fit into my shoulder. I bought mine original because it was different, and no one was using them, now they just seem generic. Yeah the dragon has got some interesting milling done to it, but it still resembles a millenium spyder to much for my liking.

Aaron

wyn1370
03-28-2002, 08:08 AM
well I took my new GZ out for a short test drive last night.
First impression: Lighter than original, smaller profile, shorter feed neck. Was rather pissed about the positioning of the air input on the regulator that came with it (but fixed with an o-ring).
Performance: I only put about two hundred balls through it. But all I did when I got home was put an extra o-ring on the regs asa adapter, and hook up some macro line. Used my old 68 45000 dynaflow, no adjustments to the regs where necessary. This thing absolutely rocks. On my old intimidator I could outshoot my hopper easily, but with the new SOB board and same hopper, my rate of fire is amazing.

So far great investment, if I can get to the field this weekend I'll give a full report.

EDIT: The comment about rate of fire makes no sense. But to try and explain it. This is probably due to the delay settings on the new board and shortened feed tube, not sure though. But it does shoot a lot faster.

pumpamatic
03-28-2002, 12:27 PM
Anyone seen the Dragon Limited Edition Timmy? Now those look sweet.

liigod
03-28-2002, 07:20 PM
SOBs are faster cus they have no delay after the pull to when it fires.