PDA

View Full Version : Trigger questions/comparison---Benchy 2x, Intelli, Hyper, etc...

ScoobYSnax
03-25-2002, 07:06 PM
I just got my first gun, a PF mag, on friday. The gun came with a benchmark 2x trigger frame. I haven't shot the thing yet, but I will in the upcoming weekend. I've been looking around on forums and asking questions, but I'm sort of confused because I seem to get conflicting info. Here is some of the things I'm wondering:

NOTE: for each trigger option, please let me know if it will increase short stroking, decrease it, or completely eliminate it.

Is there a SAFE trigger job to do on the benchmark 2x frame? Because I know you aren't supposed to do one on the stock frame, but is it different w/a benchy 2x? If there is a mod, where can I find out how to do it?

How does an intelliframe make the trigger pull better? Isn't it just something to hook up the hopper to so it can feed faster?

Hyperframe---Pretty much what I'd want, I just don't have the money. I know it's electro and eliminates short stroking. Are they any problems with this frame? Excessive wear n tear?

Any questions you can answer would be greatly appreciated! I love my new mag, I just can't wait to shoot it!!

complicationjack
03-25-2002, 07:13 PM
try out different mag owners frames...it's the best way.

but, i have found the intelliframe to be the nicest mechanical pull on the market...short, light and i only short stroke it if im shooting horribly fast where im not actually thinking about pulling every time...(follow me? oh well...)

my suggestion would be the intelli...no worry about the electronics and batteries. that's just me though

WickeDKlowN
03-25-2002, 07:15 PM
there prolly isnt a safe trigger job for the benchy2x since it would prolly have to do with the sear or the..um..damnit, i forgot what its called... lol

the I-Frame is just another 2x frame, but it is made by AGD, and wont prematurley wear your sear, or bolt like some of the other aftermarker 2x's

the hyper will usually eat up your bolt, or sear, and some other nasty things to mags so i wouldnt suggest it

ScoobYSnax
03-25-2002, 07:45 PM
Does the Benchy 2x have a history or causing excessive wear? Thanks guys. Everyone keep voicing your opinion, it's helpful!

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
03-25-2002, 07:52 PM
acutally

the best benchy mod you can do is make a trigger stop! Try to get it at the point where it shoots just where you pull. That would include some drilling and a set screw though.

FordPrefect
03-25-2002, 08:17 PM
The Benchmark will just screw up your marker. But a trigger stop will make it a lot better, but an Intelliframe will still be better.

Off topic, man is Raven singin the blues or what? Look at his sig.

ScoobYSnax
03-25-2002, 08:23 PM
About this benchy trigger stop. How much will it help? Is it really THAT bad stock? I haven't shot it yet so I don't really know....

FordPrefect
03-25-2002, 08:30 PM
Yea, it is really THAT bad.

complicationjack
03-25-2002, 08:30 PM
a benchy will weild a looooooong trigger pull.

Bartleby
03-25-2002, 08:33 PM
benchy's have a long and sloppy trigger pull. i would not reccomend one as they often cause problems with short-stroking, etc. and i would definitely advise not to do a trigger job, it will cause excessive wear and tear on the sear and bolt just like the hyper frame.

i would definitely say go with the intelliframe. the pull is short, concise, and best of all it's made by AGD so you know you're getting the best of the best. hope this helps.

CleenSweep
03-25-2002, 08:34 PM
Benchy-used to own one (shot like crap) the slop on it was unbelievable.

I-frame-have one and I really like it (especially with my rt-valve.

Hyperframe-bolt eater! went through two in a matter of months (booh-yaah is the same)

tysonmachado
03-25-2002, 09:02 PM
The Benchmark 2x does have a long tigger pull, but it won't cause excessive wear as long as you get used to the trigger. Installing a trigger stop helps a lot. Go to www.g3pb.com and click on projects/tech, and select the Automag upgraders guide. There are instructions and pictures showing how to install an adjustable trigger stop which is hidden inside the frame. If you are careful you should be able to install it without damaging the safety.

The earlier hyperframes tended to be problematic but I am pretty sure they have improved them. The boo-yeahs also work well if they are installed properly, but they can need some tweaking. One of my teamates has put a few cases through his mag with a boo-yeah without any problems, but there seem to be many people who have had endless problems with them. They often require a shorter on/off pin (which is included with the frame) and I believe you can adjust the position of the solenoid for better timing, which should help prevent extra bolt wear. I have read that older mags are more prone to problems with bolt on electro-frames because the tolerances were not as consistent as they are now. This is also why manyh of the older mags worked better with 8-mole regulator bodies and newer mags gain no benefit from them.

I have not tried the intelliframe but I have not heard any problems with them. I would imagine that they have the same tight trigger pull of the stock frames but with the added benefits of a double trigger, 45 grip compatibility, and a place to install a switch for an intellifeed.

Since you already have the benchy 2x I would reccomend you install a trigger stop and try that. It will cost much less than buying a new frame. If you do buy a new frame the intellifeed is probably the best way to go.