PDA

View Full Version : How fast can YOU shoot?

PsychoMag
03-26-2002, 08:55 AM
I read a thread on Pbnation where a guy stated he shot 13-14bps in hybrid mode over the chrono, and another guy from AO posted that it is possible to shoot 20bps+ in hybrid mode with a warpfeed. I havent used hybrid on my emag yet, but now i need to practice with it if this is true. Does anyone else have experiences with this high ROF?

Restola
03-26-2002, 09:14 AM
when i had my emag if i put it in E at 12bps, then vibrated my hand against the trigger, then put it at 16bps and vibrated my hand against the trigger it was faster. a little logic would say that i was then shooting faster than the 12bps.
that cant be certain however, because it may just be that in 12bps i was skipping some potential pulls due to the delay so it wasnt really at 12bps, then when i set the gun at 16 it would pick up more of the hand vibrations but still wasnt actually shooing in the teens.
i no longer have the gun, but it was damn fast when i did that. i know for a fact that i could do my automag with intelliframe at 9bps (for short 4-5rd bursts, not sustained) based on counting the spikes when i recorded the sound onto my computer.

i was never good in hybrid mode, i always ran mine in E. id say spend some time in hybrid and see how high you can get yourself.

PsychoMag
03-26-2002, 11:09 AM
thanks.

BTAutoMag
03-30-2002, 11:41 PM
ive shot 30 before but it was the year 2024 and there were wild girl flocking for me... and my mom was there. wow i gotta stop watching sci fi channal at night before i fall asleep

Bartleby
03-31-2002, 01:13 AM
i usually don't go over 9. i dont' really lay down the paint, my friends get really pissed at me as i'll take 8 shots and get 9 guys. :D i'm special that way.

the JoKeR
03-31-2002, 08:46 AM
I've seen Animal rip out more than his fair share in hybrid mode as well. Yesterday at a private game for a bunch of high-end players, he amazed them by unloading his hopper on hybrid. Kind of funny watching these guys with Matrixs, Cockers, Mags, Bushies, etc all stop dumping their paint when he opened up. I would guess he was firing 12+ bps in bursts.

Miscue
03-31-2002, 01:07 PM
/me can shoot 6 bps with his tongue! Sorry gals, I'm taken. :)

animal
04-01-2002, 04:32 PM
God I love emags :) Nothing like an RT'ing Electro trigger to brighten one's day.

BTAutoMag
04-01-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
/me can shoot 6 bps with his tongue! Sorry gals, I'm taken. :)

why would that be of any use to a girl;)

and just a thought if anyne but a mod said that would the thread be blocked or deleated?

PsychoMag
04-01-2002, 05:23 PM
I was able to really rattle off some rounds with my RT and intelli, now I have been practicing with the hybrid mode and it seems to be pretty darn quick, but I cant wait for Demonic Products to make be a Devils tongue trigger for my emag, maybe a bit more comfy.

covadsucks
04-01-2002, 05:54 PM
I hit the sweet spot on my buddy's emag and it emptied a hopper in less than twenty seconds...without chopping. Scared the Angel Owners to death...cockers wet themselves...and my timmy tucked it's tail between it's legs and hid under my car for a week.

PsychoMag
04-01-2002, 05:58 PM
I plan on burning a case this weekend at my team practice on using my trigger in Hybrid

animal
04-01-2002, 06:13 PM
Remember to do it in bursts. I've run into problems if the warp battery is even slightly worn, or if the rev has one of it's studders. It'll chop em with ease and then you don't look anywhere near as cool :)

PsychoMag
04-01-2002, 06:24 PM
oh...I am using my 22bps warp with parallel 9v, and ricochet 2k. the warp can outrun a Spyder EM1 on full auto with 19bps setting, but the hopper cant :(

Kaiser Bob
04-02-2002, 12:19 AM
If you are a bass player, or you just know how to walk your fingers really well, you can go 10-14 bps with really little to no effort in E mode. For some reason, the emag trigger takes well to 'walking'. Ive tried it on many electros and none really take to it well, but on the emag you can RIP! Also Psychomag, why not just practice on the hybrid dryfiring first? Save you some $$$ on paint. :)

Havoc_online
04-02-2002, 12:33 AM
soon I'll have a warp and a halo and will hopefully be pushing high teens

pntblr2k
04-02-2002, 08:43 PM
well well well this is a true story so i dont want any replies saying it's not......ya here? i have a cocker and i drilled a hole in the bottom of it and put an adapter on my shopvac to pull the balls out of the hopper (a little note, i put a screen so the balls didn't go into the shopvac ahahahahahahahahah) so anyways i put a spring in front of the trigger going to the trigger frame and hooked to small bungees to the barrel therefore it pulls both ways and when i pull the trigger back it just goes wild! therefore i am the winner!!!!!!!! and on a personal note thats a true story. i bet they will make a gun with vacuum fed systemk on it becuase of me. i taped it and put in slow motion so i could count and it was more like an average of 28.13 bps but i round it to 28 its an idea for any one whose got an old cocker that they want to make on hell of a shooting maching. (ofcourse if you want to play with it you'd have to strap your shopvac to your back and carry it around in wars).

Havoc_online
04-02-2002, 08:47 PM
I think that type of loading system would conflict with the gravity feed rules, BTW got any pics or vids?

BTAutoMag
04-02-2002, 09:03 PM
link to the vidio? and if you want to use it strap it to a golf cart and use it as a tank cannon

speedballbanks
04-02-2002, 09:09 PM
ive shot 12 1/3 over a pact chrono not lieing.

pntblr2k
04-02-2002, 09:14 PM
well i dont have any pics on right now but i can get them soon like tommorow friday matbe saturday so i'll post them when i can get them on

pntblr2k
04-02-2002, 09:15 PM
and yes your right you can't use it in tournys but its just something thats kinda fun to play with

manike
04-03-2002, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by pntblr2k
well i dont have any pics on right now but i can get them soon like tommorow friday matbe saturday so i'll post them when i can get them on

I'm waiting for the pics... :rolleyes:

manike (someone who has shot a gun at 30bps and doesn't believe a cocker can do it).

RTrampage
04-03-2002, 07:46 AM
with my RT ive shot 12 over the chrono and that was with the stock frame I got a Z now but havent tried it over the chrono yet

pip_999
04-03-2002, 09:38 AM
whats with people and lying about this

its not going to make you any better

speedballbanks
04-03-2002, 01:59 PM
hey pip? who might i ask is lieing? because i know im not.

pntblr2k
04-03-2002, 04:17 PM
what have you sho that does 30 manike??

manike
04-03-2002, 04:25 PM
An RT.

It gets 26bps without shootdown but it will shoot faster...

No idea if it was getting shoot down at that rate since we were only firing it over about a 10m range. :D

But it cycled that fast with 'paint'.

I've also shot a normal mag at 22bps and an Angel at just over 20bps. I don't believe a cocker can cycle that fast, and I have seen some fast cockers. Race Frames and Sandridges included.

manike

pntblr2k
04-03-2002, 04:38 PM
well i hope your prepsred to see the cocker that can i will have them up by saturday

RTrampage
04-03-2002, 04:42 PM
BunkerHugger, The way to figure it out is you go to a chrono and if you shoot over 4bps I believe, insead of registering as fps it will tell you the bps

manike
04-03-2002, 04:45 PM
Absolutely ready to see those pics. :)

At the same time as posting the pics please tell us what you did to increase the cycle rate of the bolt and to reduce the hammer travel time. All of which would be required to get a cocker to cycle that fast...

The Reflex cocker was designed to shoot as fast as possible and they only got 16bps I believe... It's not just the feeding paint that takes time but a proper cycle of the autococker takes a significant amount of time also. I think race have gotten it up to 16bps maybe 18 IIRC... 30 is a long way above that.

It also shouldn't be too hard for you to make a .wav file of the gun for us to listen to? Actually you said you videod it... maybe you could put that on the net for us to see?

Thanks

manike

pntblr2k
04-03-2002, 08:25 PM
ok i will include a full discrition of what i did to it and if you tell me how to put sound on i will but i dont know how. but its true!

LeadBasedPaint
04-03-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by manike

I've also shot a normal mag at 22bps and an Angel at just over 20bps.

I thought Angels were regulated to 13 bps. Did ya hack it or what? I have heard of hacks that guys have done, but nothing like 20 bps.

Kaiser Bob
04-03-2002, 11:40 PM
Id take manike at his word if he said he shot an angel at 20 bps. Id also love to see this cocker going 30 bps.

manike
04-04-2002, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by LeadBasedPaint
I thought Angels were regulated to 13 bps. Did ya hack it or what? I have heard of hacks that guys have done, but nothing like 20 bps.

There are aftermarket boards that will let you run an Angel at FA at whatever ROF you choose. Just like there is now for the E-mag also. LED's used to have limited ROF in some modes but the LCD's are not so restricted.

It was actually an Eclipse LED and I don't know what board was in it, it wasn't a normal 'Euro' (semi only) board though that's for sure ;) It wasn't my gun.

manike

pblunchbox
04-04-2002, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by pntblr2k
an average of 28.13 bps
Yeee gods. now all i am waiting on are the pics.
I have shot cockers for the last 6 years. i have seen them get higher than 15bps but that was a tricked cocker, i am sure with a race frame u can get a few more than that.
I have also seen angels do 20 and Emags do approx 25.
I am just slightly skeptical of a cocker doing this rof.
how? /shakes his head
There are so many reasons why mags lay more paint than cockers, one of them is that closed bolt systems are just plain slower..... *wanders off to smoke and ponder cocker with 28bps fire rate*

BTAutoMag
04-04-2002, 07:37 AM
yea i still wanna see those pics. or even a vidio clip if thats at all possible

pip_999
04-04-2002, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by speedballbanks
hey pip? who might i ask is lieing? because i know im not.

MANIKE
lol

pip_999
04-04-2002, 08:25 AM
i would hardly call kicking a gun into FA then holding down the trigger a work of your art, lol

but i wouldnt belive this guy even if i saw a video cause after all he can take each individual frame and repaste the rate of fire in photopshop then chcuk it into adboe and then what do u know we consider him good

no i dont, i would be suprised if you can get 7 on a RT

manike
04-04-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by pip_999
MANIKE
lol

pip_999, maybe I should clarify I have shot guns at these rates but they were not set up in Semi Auto. I don't know if the original poster was askign about semi use only or not. He was talking about hybrid which is often not set up as 'semi'

My post was only to question the 28bps rof claimed for an Autococker. Any autococker for that matter :D

The mag and the Angel were in Full Auto, and the RT was set up and modified to work in 'runaway' or 'rip' mode.

The RT was with my finger on the trigger as were all the guns, but it wasn't semi :)

manike

Havoc_online
04-07-2002, 12:49 AM
so where are those pics and vids ????

FooTemps
04-18-2002, 01:25 AM
Hmmmm.... I thought cockers wouldn't be able to cycle much over 18... I know that glenn palmer did something like an FA cocker at like 22 bps or something but he changed out a lot of parts, used force feed, and used a 2 speed drill to fire the gun... Funky trigger work I'd say but I don't think you can hit 28.13bps on a cocker...

manike
04-18-2002, 01:40 AM
I've been having a few conversations with the guys behind the 'Race' frame for the cocker. The fastest they have been able to get a cocker to cycle is 20-21bps and that's just dry firing, and they have put a lot of work into it...

I have a Race frame on the way for my Spearhead so will see what I can get out of it :)

manike

Manuel_FZR
04-18-2002, 12:04 PM
I talked to the guys from racegun at the Maxs-Masters, and they said, their fastest Cocker could cycle about 18 to 20 bps (dry) ... but only to shoot max. 14bps - more would not be possible!

Butterfingers
04-19-2002, 03:11 PM
Yep simply put not enough open bolt time in a cocker.

I have a FA wav of the e-magnum if you want to hear it.

Ill let you figure out the ROF :)

Sorry folks still working on the video. Digi video Camera is downstate with my folks. Im upstate gettin my learn on.

But yes it feeds a whole hopper (halo+ warp) no chops.

~Backdraft~
04-19-2002, 03:20 PM
I have no idea but a good guess...i'd say maybe 9bps. I usually dont go in long strings anyways...just 3-5 quick bursts is all i need.