PDA

View Full Version : Something i wrote to Dye

magman007
03-26-2002, 03:12 PM
Now consider i do not have an e-mag yet, and im not trying to put loadSM5 out of business, but i wrote this in hopes of a positive reply

Dear Mr Youngblood,
I am a hardcore dye fan and i love your products. The barrels are phenomenal, and The stickies are great! This brings me to my question. I recently sold my cocker which had stickies on em for an e-mag. Well no one makes grips for e-mags right? Well i was wondering if you would be able to make a custom pair of stickies for my e-mag. I whole heartedly believe if you build it they will come. I am a member of the largest automag Web group called automags.org which is run by Tom kaye himself. I believe if i were to post a picture of my e-mag with stickies, you would get a flock of maggers just begging for them! I see a large business oppertunity here. I would be willing to pay the price for more people to have comfort! I have noticed that you make stickies for the angel (which is more popular i understand) but why not for the e-mag? the e-mag is making an uprizing in the market and with the new Sfl it is starting to challenge the likeness of the angel. Please Mr. Youngblood, Please consider my proposal, I am willing to pay some good $$$ for a pair. Please. -loyal Dye Fan Bill Badnaruk

Paintballer86
03-26-2002, 03:15 PM
Message deleted for identity protection purposes.

Jonno06
03-26-2002, 03:16 PM
eh,not bad idea.Too bad i dont have emag,or i might want some stickies for it.

Prezents
03-26-2002, 03:28 PM
It is people like you that get the ball rolling and get new products on the market!
Thanks

FiTiRPiLiT
03-26-2002, 03:31 PM
right on......i'd buy 2 just because....wtg!

Spaceman613
03-26-2002, 03:33 PM
a lil off topic on this

Did he legally change his name to "Youngblood?"

That isnt the name on patents, but I assume its what he goes by in general paintball life. Just something I wondered.

I've notice another mans name is different from his patents :) but I wont bring that up. Hes too good to us.

Jonno06
03-26-2002, 04:02 PM
lol spaceman......when you disapear misteriously you will be sorry you said anything.....:cool:

magman007
03-26-2002, 05:50 PM
UP! cmon guys show your support, e-mail service@dyeprecision.com tell them You read my post and are supportive.

Also, yes, Daves last name isnt really youngblod, just like toms isnt really kaye, it is kostiopolios

magman007
03-26-2002, 06:52 PM
cmon guys! if you ask, they should come!

FiTiRPiLiT
03-26-2002, 07:05 PM
aww, man. you really let the cat out of the bag now! tom is gonna b*%ch slap you for that one. :D

MikeCouves
03-26-2002, 07:06 PM
Well I don't have an Emag, but hell! Why not? So many have wanted it, so I will email them!

MikeCouves
03-26-2002, 07:10 PM
Here's my email I just sent, I tried to make it formal so they would read it.

Dear DYE,

I love the DYE stickies. They are BY FAR, the most comfortable paintball marker grips on the market. They are a standard among paintball players. But they are not made for the Emag. There is a large, and growing rapid, group of Emag owners, and they all have a complaint for the grip. DYE stickies were great, and the Angel ones were a great idea. I believe having a set for Emags will be a good investment, alot of people want them. Roll over to www.automags.org and ask everyone how much they want them. Everyone will be drooling.

Thank you for your time.

-Mike Couves
Team Canadian Eclipse Captain

What do you guys think?

DarkRipper
03-26-2002, 07:13 PM
Hopefully if they do make them, they won't be "slippy" grips like they made for the LCD at first.

:)
DR

FiTiRPiLiT
03-26-2002, 07:31 PM
sounds pretty convincing, mike. i'd believe you. :)

FiTiRPiLiT
03-26-2002, 07:43 PM
hahaha, i just had to......here's mine:

Dear Dye,

I am currently a proud Emag owner. My only complaint besides the weight of the marker are those darn grips. They are cheap and uncomfortable. As a long-time paintball player I am familiar with your reputation for outstanding quality products. I should know, I own many of them from barrels to grips to apparel. Heck, even my lanyard is Dye branded! The point is you guys are a great company who makes great products. One product that is very badly needed right now is a Dye sticky grip for the Emag. I know for a fact that there are many Emag owners out there who would jump at the chance to have some for their markers including myself. I have no clue as to the turnaround time to mass-manufacture these grips, but it would seem that it would be rather quick considering you have already accomplished the R&D required for an ergonomic grip design. A few tweaks and that same design could be making your company tens of thousands of dollars considering the growing number of Emag owners as well as the launch of AGD's new Emag variant, the Extreem (which uses the same grip frame) which will undoubtedly convert many an Angel Autococker user and make the Emag community larger and stronger. This is basic supply and demand. I can assure you that the demand is there. If you don't believe me open a thread on Automags Online www.automags.org out of curiosity just to see how many interested people there are. You can use AO as a global gauge to predict whether or not producing sticky grips for the Emag would be worth your while. I can tell you that there would be many grateful and satisfied customers who would be thrilled to have ergonomic grips for their Emags and who would make sure to tell all their friends that Dye Products is truly out to satisfy their loyal customers.

Kind Regards,
Mark Jovic
7 year rec ball player

magman007
03-26-2002, 09:32 PM
Ok guys thats 3 letters, cant we squeese out a few more?

magman007
03-26-2002, 10:45 PM
up for the night, dont you guys care?

dansim
03-27-2002, 05:14 AM
i sent him a actual letter 2 months ago for this very topic but nothin happened no return mail no nothin oh well

MikeCouves
03-27-2002, 07:00 AM
I'll track down a number sometime this week and call them up. I will write something up to say on the phone and see what they think.

oldsoldier
03-27-2002, 07:25 AM
Up! Am interested...as soon as I get my emag from oneshot!

pip_999
03-27-2002, 09:24 AM
well im at school right now
so email is not accesible

but if i was at home i would email dYe and tell tehm to maek up some grips for the e-mag

i realize taht there will be agrowing demand for this product, cause after al if you spend 1200+ on a gun you want to be able to hold it.

Its a shame i dont own an emag

thecavemankevin
03-27-2002, 10:50 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me. I am still waiting for aftermarket grips for my hyper frame too.

Snewk
03-27-2002, 10:54 AM
good luck with it guys, although i dont have an e-mag, i do hope dye gets those grips out because they are uber comfortable!

FiTiRPiLiT
03-27-2002, 11:12 AM
it would be cool if Tom got involved too....i mean he could literally make one phone call...."hello, this is Tom Kaye, i would like some emag grips in black, blue, and gray. thanks." LOL

PsychoMag
03-27-2002, 11:34 AM
Ok...Ok...I will email...heck, I can use some nice DYE clear stickies for my Emag.

WARPED1
03-27-2002, 11:54 AM
I wrote them an email,I don't yet own an emag,but I like them and I like the stickies idea,it will save me from hacking up a pair.

FiTiRPiLiT
03-27-2002, 12:07 PM
to ALL, don't bother hacking up a pair, save you $$$. i went out and bought a pair thinking i could just cut a window in it and it doesn't work because they are not the right size and the space between them is not large enough. i ended up cutting the grips in half and bolting one half on each side and it looked horrible and didn't cover the entire grip so dirt could easily get in. just a word of caution.

WARPED1
03-27-2002, 12:26 PM
Thanx for the advice,now when I get my emag I'll just wait for dye to take action.

magman007
03-27-2002, 03:56 PM
uppity up!

boss_automager
03-27-2002, 04:33 PM
Pip hooked on phonics will help you I promise.;) I'll think about writing a letter even though I don't have a e-mag.

alf
03-28-2002, 07:44 AM
Dye's numba is 858.536.5183

good luck getting in touch with them

-alf

pip_999
03-28-2002, 08:31 AM
was that a crack at my typing:(

im in school so u cant blame me, i have to close the window down everytime the librarian comes past cause you get in **** if youa re not using the comps for "academic use"

so i gotta type fast

so yall can shut up

whats wrong with being

hoowkd awn fawnics anyway?

beam
03-28-2002, 08:48 AM
Guys!!!!! SPELL CHECK!!!!! Don't make yourself look like an idiot. Otherwise, good luck!

boss_automager
03-28-2002, 10:58 AM
Oh your in school well I guess then it's o.k.Hahaha I'm on Spring Break and sleeping untill 10:30.

Rynoboy06
03-28-2002, 12:12 PM
I sent a letter off to them yesterday.

Paintballer86
03-28-2002, 05:28 PM
u
up
upu
upup
upupu
upupup
upupupu
upupupup
upupupupu
upupupupup
upupupupupu
upupupupupup
upup
upup
upup
upup
upup
upup
upup
upup
There ya go bill :)

Lorquas
03-28-2002, 08:14 PM
i got an idea, if dye doesn't answer, we can start mailing Tom, and i know he will have more leverage with DYE.

FiTiRPiLiT
03-28-2002, 10:44 PM
if dye doesn't respond at all then they are a company who cares nothing about their customers. the least they can do is acknowledge that they received our letters and are looking into it.....give me something generic, ANYTHING!

magman007
03-28-2002, 10:47 PM
i am going to write dye telling them that there customerservice is horrible and that im suprized there still in business, thatl get their attention.

FiTiRPiLiT
03-28-2002, 11:16 PM
magman, i wouldn't do that. that will accomplish nothing and they may say screw you guys then and not produce anything for the emag EVER. writing nasty letters never does any good. you have to show them that it is in their best interest to do it. the only way they will produce anything is if they believe there is a demand for it and they stand to either make money on it or gain new customers.

Croix71
03-29-2002, 12:28 AM
DYE first and foremost is a business and they will make stickies for Mags if they feel it's worth getting into. If there's enough interest in the AO community to write a lot of e-mails I'm sure it will at the least get DYE's attention. :D

pmbackman18
03-29-2002, 04:37 PM
i ****in hate dye, lemme rephrase that, i like their products but when i ordered someting from them andthen pay 35$ for 2 day air and it has been 10 days and the stuff stll isnt here, that makes me mad, i use a lot of the parts they have for angels, but i just hate the fact that i paid 35$ for shipping and it still isnt here, i wil never order anything from them again,i will go with jt or just get it form pbgear.

magman007
03-29-2002, 05:06 PM
On the contrairy, lastime i wrote a letter to dye and they didnt respond i told them that "i sent oyou a letter regariding this this and that, and i havnt gotten a reply in a weeks time. For the sake of customer relations i hope you reply to this letter. Or you may have lost a potential customer. Well with in 15 minutes i got a response from dye saying they were sorry that they didnt reply and they gave me the straight up answers i had asked for. I ended up purchasing thier products and am hapy since

Vegeta
03-29-2002, 05:36 PM
If DYE actualyl considers this and DOES go thru with it, then that will show just how influential AO can be.

On a side note, 'Youngblood' isn't Daves real last name guys... Youngblood is a nickname derived from paintball... though I can't really remeber his real last name. Wheres Tom at.. I'm sure he knows.

magman007
03-30-2002, 02:08 PM
guys this has gotta go UP