PDA

View Full Version : Movie that gives very negative image on paintball

TigerMan
03-26-2002, 03:40 PM
I just got done seeing a movie on Showtime (on one of the Showtime channels, not sure which, I have like 6 or 7 of them) and the movie was called The Class of 1999 Part II. Anyways, I was on the channel and I happened to see a wall with a few paintball guns on it in the movie. I stayed with the movie for a while because they talked of some game they would be playing. Anyways to sum up the movie to the point of the game, it was about some guy who thinks he is a military cyborg and he goes mental killing all these people in horrific ways. The cyborg guy wants to kill all these people for some reason (did not see beginning so I'm not sure, I will touch on this again later in the post). Anyways, to the paintball game. They have all these people, mostly seemed young adults, getting ready to play this huge game. Basicly all the guns were Worr Game Snipers or old Autocockers (movie was made in 1993). The people for one thing had only the goggle lense part of a mask or they had a mask with a barely minimal coverage piece for the face (I believe this had to do with the time period, because it was made in 1993). Now here is where it gets bad, they start the game and the players not knowing this, the cyborg guy booby trapped the entire field with real dangerous weapons, not to mention he was on some hill with an arsenal of small arms. So during the game, you actually see the people on the field unknowingly detonating the guys booby traps. To name a few of the traps, one was a tiger trap, another was a trip wire with explosive and a trip wire with a spike ball (like in medievil times) and another trap where a guy sees a cantene, procedes to pick it up and sets off the trap which has wire that entangles him and hangs him by the throat in a nearby tree. To add to all the booby traps, the cyborg guy is running the field rampidly shooting people and killing them and one time pretending to be a ref and have people come after him and fall into a tiger trap and he procedes to throw an explosive in the hole their in, killing the people. All this is happening during the paintball game. Now to my point of all this, if you did not see at least 2/3 of this movie or a tiny part during the paintball game, you would not understand why this cyborg man was doing all this and why he was going "postal" on the people in the paintball game. Also to add to it, they made the guns sound like real guns when they were shot (made them sound like shotguns) and one of the guys in the movie supposedly invented gasoline paintballs. To sum it all up, if you had never heard of paintball and did not see certain parts of the movie, this is now the image you have of paintball and could lead people dangerous ideas. Even though this movie is nearly 10 years old as it was made in 1993, it's still running on the air. This was basicly the worst image I have ever seen of paintball ever on TV.

P.S.- I wasn't sure whether this belonged in the General Forum, so I posted this here.

LawFox32
03-26-2002, 04:20 PM
I don't think it really gives paintball a bad image, I mean in 93 they used just the lenses of the goggles, and anyway its got a cyborg, so its science fiction if some one takes it literally then they are messed up

Rueben_the_wanderer
03-26-2002, 05:03 PM
Hmm, I found that movie offensive, because it sucked. If people are dumb enough to form their opinion of paintball from a movie like that, then I'm glad they won't want to be in the sport.

InfinatyBPS
03-26-2002, 05:10 PM
One of the Chucky movies had chucky putting real bullets instead of paint filled bullets, which kinda has to do with paintball, also that might have not been good for the image. Was this movie that one with the stupid guy from one of those shows like full house or somthing?

-§on-
03-26-2002, 05:13 PM
I know what movie you were talking about. I have the showtimes too and I mean they don't like to replay movies a lot :rolleyes: I think I saw it on 3 times one day. To sum it up the movie SUCKED.

HoppysMag
03-26-2002, 06:02 PM
i thought it was "The Substitute II: Class of 99"? and they were snipers. And it was Cotey from "STEP BY STEP" same guy from the Kick boxer movies....

TigerMan
03-26-2002, 10:06 PM
Yeah it was that Cody guy from Step by Step. I wouldn't call it a science fiction by any longshot, the guy wasn't even a cyborg, he was just mental and thought he was a cyborg on a mission and he really was a human being. The goggles and such are not what gave it the bad image because we see that all the time on TV today, but rather what they had going on during the game is what gives the wrong idea which can lead to people getting wrong impressions which can lead to things much worse. I'm pretty sure its The Class of 1999 Part II (what my cable display said) but it could be the Substitute II. And yes, the movie totally sucked.

HoppysMag
03-27-2002, 03:48 PM
i cant rember the name.... but it did suck:D

StuDawggie
03-27-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by InfinatyBPS
One of the Chucky movies had chucky putting real bullets instead of paint filled bullets, which kinda has to do with paintball,

The movie is "Child's Play 3" that he did that. Chucky was trying to kill Andy while he was at a military school. Each of the 2 teams had a different color (one was red, the other blue) he put the real bullets in the red teams so at first look it would look like red paint. Now if you are wondering why I know this, it's because I kinda consider mself a Chucky buff, (I just love crappy horror flicks especially these movies cuz they're just sooo bad) I actually own all 3 Child Play movies along with "Bride of Chucky".
BTW the best line in any of the Child's Play movies is in a winnebago scene during "Bride of Chucky" and Chucky asks "What would Martha Stewart do?" and his new bride Tiffany says "F--K Martha Stewart!!!" and throws a plate at Chucky's head. It's a classic scene where you actually want to cheer for killers.