PDA

View Full Version : why do they suck balls

baddy1121
03-26-2002, 06:33 PM
sounds funny but really

why do some guns suck in balls through the feed tube

kenshinkandon
03-26-2002, 07:42 PM
This usually happens with autocockers when someone times their marker so that as soon as gas is released from the valve and the bolt opens, air is actually still being pushed down the barrel it creates a sucking effect where the next ball in the feed tube is forced into the breech. I'm not really sure if any other marker is capable of sucking balls into the breech due to the unique ability autocockers have the capability of being modified and timed to control what happens threw out the firing cycle.

BTAutoMag
03-26-2002, 10:26 PM
Angels do that to but what doesnt an Angel do.

Predater
03-26-2002, 11:03 PM
when i intellifed my revy to my rt i had a cotton ball blacking the eye in the hopper. when i would shooot, it sucked the cotton ball doun in to the breach. it sucked the cotton ball doun about a inch for each shot. is this what you are talking about? if so, why did it do it with a mag? im not complaining but i do want to know?

athomas
03-26-2002, 11:47 PM
The suction is caused by the air moving down the barrel away from the feed tube. The void behind the moving air is a vaccuum which sucks whatever is close to it into the void. This vaccuum effect is only present when you dry fire a gun. As soon as you put a ball into the gun, the ball impedes the flow of air and pressure is built up behind the ball. As long as the bolt of the gun remains closed the pressure remains in the barrel and behind the ball until the ball exits the end of the barrel. At this point the pressure dissipates. In a mag, the bolt recoils beofre the ball has exited the barrel. Some of this pressure flows back up the feed tube. This is the dreaded mag blowback problem. The autococker doesn't have this problem because the bolt remains closed for a longer period of time after the shot has fired.

Predater
03-27-2002, 01:03 PM
i guess i wasnt thinking when i posted before.:(