PDA

View Full Version : Mag the wrong gun for a noob?

ScoobYSnax
03-26-2002, 07:51 PM
I just bought a mag setup online (2x benchy frame, CP barrel, foregrip, etc..). I've been reading some of the forums about mags and the parts I have, and I'm wondering if I made a bad decision and should have stuck w/a spyder or piranha.

Is the mag going to be hard for me to shoot w/out chopping? I will only be trying to get 4-5bps. I've noticed that lots of people say the benchy 2x frame is bad. They say it's pull is long, has lots of movement, and is easy to short stroke. Will this be a problem you think? Or will it just take a few shots to get the hang of it? How long do you think it will take me to get the hang of the trigger/gun?
That's all for now, I appreciate any help you can provide.

BTW, i do LOVE the feel of the mag and its looks, but I haven't been able to shoot it yet due to weather closing the local field :(

Bartleby
03-26-2002, 07:58 PM
congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the mag world.

no you have not made a bad decision to buy a mag. in comparison with a spyder or a pirahna, the mag is more reliable, durable, consistant and you don't get AGD's amzing customer service with a spyder or a pirahna. as for the benchy 2x, as a beginner i wouldn't worry about it one at all. in time you will develop your own preferences and opinions on how parts work but for now, a benchy will do just fine. don't worry about the trigger pull, don't worry about shortstroking, just worry about having a blast on the field and when you find that things need to be changed in order to achieve that next level of performance, save some cash and make an educated decision on an upgrade.

good luck and enjoy. :D

ScoobYSnax
03-26-2002, 08:11 PM
Alright, thanks for the thoughts! The gun just feels and looks right! I can't wait to actually use the thing. Only downside to getting this over a spyder is that now I have little money for paint, oh well :)

Jonno06
03-26-2002, 08:18 PM
ok,the best upgrade for the benchy is to sell it,and buy intelliframe.The second best is trigger stop.I saw in someones sig that you can shorten pull,look in sigs til you see it.congrats

FordPrefect
03-26-2002, 08:34 PM
I think that Predator has a Benchy mod in his sig, but I wouldn't mess with the trigger rod, just do a trigger stop.