PDA

View Full Version : anodizing?

Predater
03-26-2002, 10:08 PM
i want to get the for-grip, and my 2-piece cradle nickle anodized so it will mach my crome gun. they are both aluminum:rolleyes: .

whare are some cheep places to get anoing done?

Also, the for-grip is the one on the rt pro. is there a way to take off the rubber to get it anoed and then re-install it?

a_malfunction
03-26-2002, 11:14 PM
You cant anno things chrome.... you have to get them chrome plated. Well, I take that back.... You might be able to polish it and then clear anno it. That might create the desired effect. But you can buy kits for home chrome plating. And lots of custom auto/bike shops do chroming.

Prezents
03-27-2002, 07:04 AM
I had PK Selective do a drop forward and a powerfeed adaptor, good wook, think www is www.pkselective.com (http://www.pkselective.com)

BTAutoMag
03-29-2002, 09:51 PM
get it powder coated. stonger finish and it wont chip off too

Poseidon
03-29-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by BTAutoMag
get it powder coated. stonger finish and it wont chip off too

Powdercoating stronger than anodizing?

ahhhhh no!

Powdercoating stronger than chrome plating.
Nope, try again.

Chrome plating is very strong. It's only a few mircons thick. No scratching or chiping. Annodizing sinks into the aluminum pores. Only way to scratch that is to scratch the aluminum off, where as powdercoating is just a layer that goes over the metal. Ever seen a rental M98? Most of the time 1/2 of the powdercoating is scratched and worn right off.

I'd talk to plamer. He does nickle plating which is very simplilar to chrome. There arn't alot of paintball places that still do chrome. They used to do alot of brass peices in chrome, but now aday it's mostly nickle, and it also is stronger than powder coating.

www.palmer-pursuit.com

BTAutoMag
03-29-2002, 11:16 PM
well i guess ive had a different experience. the local guy who does powder coating does a really good job and ive never seen it flake off. and i used to own a RT with blue annodizing that would flake like dandruff

Poseidon
03-29-2002, 11:19 PM
It definalty depends on who does it. AGD seems to do a good job. My telon black powdercoat seems be holding up very well, but for the money, and durablity plating is the way to go.

BTAutoMag
03-29-2002, 11:21 PM
yup definatly

Predater
03-30-2002, 12:27 PM
thanks for all the help. i think im going to get dingo to make a custome forgrip thow.

FordPrefect
03-30-2002, 08:24 PM
BT, where did you get a aluminum RT body?

BTAutoMag
03-30-2002, 08:36 PM
uh what?

geoff snow
03-30-2002, 10:22 PM
"i used to own a RT with blue annodizing that would flake like dandruff"

anno doens't flake off. the dye goes in the aluminum and becomes part of it. therefore it can't flake off.

BTAutoMag
03-30-2002, 10:30 PM
well then i dunno what it was cause it looked like annodising. it was sort of a clearish coat of blue.

Bartleby
03-30-2002, 10:54 PM
actually if you want to do it really really cheap, you can do it yourself....
warpig did an article on it, here's the link
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/anodize.shtml

Poseidon
03-31-2002, 01:21 AM
errr, in my earlier replies when I said it depend on who does it I meant the powedercoating, not annodizing.

You cannot annodize a mag body because they are Stainless steel. There for they are un annodizeable.

Your RT was probably spray painted, or powdercoated.

Annodizing must be stripped of useing specail chemicals.