PDA

View Full Version : Flatline question

Ngksty
03-26-2002, 10:12 PM
First off, I'd like to say hi to everyone. I'm a new memeber but I've been reading the threads at AO for a few months now. Finally decided to join after I picked up my minimag. Just like to say that this forum rocks.

Anyway, on to my question. I picked up a 47ci flatline with my minimag and had a chance to use it for the first time this past saturday in acutal game play. Well I filled the tank, set my PSI to 750 and then chronoed my gun at 275 and the went out to play. However, during the course of the game/day, I noticed my PSI would climb up to 1000. I was wondering if this is normal. And if it isn't, what's wrong and how can it be fixed. If it is normal, is there anything that can be done to keep it constant? Any help would be good. Thanks, any info would be helpful.

ngk:sty

FordPrefect
03-26-2002, 10:36 PM
I know that the gauges aren't all that accurate, but not sure if they are THAT inaccurate.

Ngksty
03-26-2002, 10:55 PM
Yeah I know. I spent the day lowering my PSI ever 2-3 games. Maybe I was too into the games ( I was getting majorly pissed b/c the first 3 games were with a bunch of cheaters) but i didn't notice my velocity change either. Got any idea?

ah137
03-26-2002, 11:49 PM
sounds like you have a tank that need to be updated. level one. Free update for level two. OR your reg seat could just be dirty to, but you should look into the update and see if you have a old tank.

http://www.airgun.com/flatline.html

Ps this should be in the tech form you can also do a search there

check this also.
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14220

davej946
03-27-2002, 09:28 AM
I was having the SAME problem with my 47 Flatline. Just degas the tank, and give it a good cleaning. Need to find out how? Check out the Classic thread in tech forum about maintaining the Flatline.

Later ~

Ngksty
03-29-2002, 11:22 PM
Thanks for all the help. I'll give the cleaning a try.

XspyX
03-30-2002, 08:59 AM
If you experience erratic ouput, or creeping of the output pressure(meaning the output pressure does not stay the same from where you last set it), you need to replace the reg. seat o-ring.

There ya go, right from the Tech Forum