PDA

View Full Version : getting a mag valve rebuilt

Aliens-8-MyDad
03-26-2002, 10:45 PM
well im gonna get my valve rebuilt because ive already replaced all the o-rings and oild everything and its still leaking, and seems to be leaking in 2 places. its been leaking for since i got it like sometimes after i fired but now its getting worse and worse. i know my valve by heart thats why its boogles my head. im shooting nitro and i regularly clean it. its still giving me the problem so my question to you guys is... what happens when i send my valve in to be rebuilt. do the replace all the parts? or just o-rings? do they clean it out and test it? can anyone give me a step by step list of what goes on or at least an idea?

a_malfunction
03-26-2002, 11:04 PM
Where does it leak?

Aliens-8-MyDad
03-26-2002, 11:28 PM
Ive tried getting help here and it doesnt work! it seems like its comming from the on/off, and sometimes from the back where u adjust the velocity (IVE TRIED TURNING IT UP AND DOWN AND TO STOP IT FROM LEAKING OUT THE BACK I HAVE TO TURN IT SO LOW THAT IT WONT SHOOT) also seems like its leaking between the valve halves. again im telling you i put all new o-rings on and i do know my valve! also to make sure noting comes out the two halves i put a little bit of teflon tape around the big threads. that seemd to slow it down alot but the leak still is commin from some where I AM GOING CRAZY i dont think all mags are like mine, but im really starting to dislike it. thats why im gonna get it rebuilt. now anyone know what happens when i send it in? mabey an agd tech can tell me?

BlackVCG
03-27-2002, 01:44 AM
Here's the deal. Call AGD when you can and tell them what's going on. A tech will talk to you and run you through a few things to check, but be sure to tell him everything you've done so far and that we can't figure it out on AO. They'll have you send it in and then they'll first test the gun. They'll figure out what's wrong with it and replace the parts accordingly. They'll test the gun before it goes back into to the box to be shipped and they'll fire it with the nylon balls to test the velocity and print out a chrono slip like what you get with a new Mag and send that with the gun. It WILL work when you get it back.

Aliens-8-MyDad
03-27-2002, 07:02 AM
do i send my whole gun, or just the valve?

MikeCouves
03-27-2002, 07:18 AM
Well I would say ship just the valve. Because that will save on shipping, but the problem could be something with the entire marker itself. The best thing is to call them and ask if to just send the valve or whole thing.

Aliens-8-MyDad
03-27-2002, 07:26 AM
well i know all my fittings are good and not leaking. just this dang valve. well ima try and call them today.

Butterfingers
03-27-2002, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Aliens-8-MyDad
Ive tried getting help here and it doesnt work! it seems like its comming from the on/off, and sometimes from the back where u adjust the velocity (IVE TRIED TURNING IT UP AND DOWN AND TO STOP IT FROM LEAKING OUT THE BACK I HAVE TO TURN IT SO LOW THAT IT WONT SHOOT) also seems like its leaking between the valve halves. again im telling you i put all new o-rings on and i do know my valve! also to make sure noting comes out the two halves i put a little bit of teflon tape around the big threads. that seemd to slow it down alot but the leak still is commin from some where I AM GOING CRAZY i dont think all mags are like mine, but im really starting to dislike it. thats why im gonna get it rebuilt. now anyone know what happens when i send it in? mabey an agd tech can tell me?

That sounds like a bum reg piston assy. If you know sombody with another mag try throwing his reg piston in yours. Your problems should cease.

Gunga
03-27-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by MikeCouves
Well I would say ship just the valve. Because that will save on shipping, but the problem could be something with the entire marker itself. The best thing is to call them and ask if to just send the valve or whole thing.

NO! Send the whole gun, -especially- if you've got a retro valve. That way AGD can test the valve with your body, rail, & trigger. It CAN make a difference. Trust me. :)

Aliens-8-MyDad
03-27-2002, 12:18 PM
well i dont have a retro valve but im thinkin of sending the whole gun back, should i send the barrel too? or my stock barrel

Gunga
03-27-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Aliens-8-MyDad
well i dont have a retro valve but im thinkin of sending the whole gun back, should i send the barrel too? or my stock barrel

Just send the gun. Barrel isn't necessary.

Aliens-8-MyDad
03-27-2002, 12:42 PM
like should i send my ait fittings and gas thru also? and what about my i-frame? or should i put my stock frame on?

Gunga
03-27-2002, 12:55 PM
send the gun the way you use it, minus the barrel.

Of course, call AGD first and get a return authorization. :)

MikeCouves
03-27-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Gunga

NO! Send the whole gun, -especially- if you've got a retro valve. That way AGD can test the valve with your body, rail, & trigger. It CAN make a difference. Trust me. :)

Yeah that's why I said, it could be the marker. Because if there's something wrong with the specs of the marker, I doubt the valve will work.