PDA

View Full Version : DYE SS & Lapco Autospirit Bore size

Mild 7
03-26-2002, 11:12 PM
I'm looking to buy a nice set(s) of barrels. Equations? Freak? CP? I'm planning to use this set for the next few years, considering that they cover most of the bore sizes.
Since I already owned 2 barrels (Lapco Auto. & DYE SS), I figure if you guys can tell me the bore sizes of these two, it will save me some money by NOT buying all of the inserts.
Well, at least I'm hoping to save a buck or two. So, again, what is the bore size for the Lapco Autospirit? .687? And the bore size for DYE SS '12?

Thank you

TheBigRaguPB4L
03-26-2002, 11:46 PM
the dye ss is probably around 690. this is just a guess but the one i have is really large compared to the paint i shoot(diablo blaze). if you wind up getting the freak i can hook you up with the 2 extra inserts i have-684,687. i had bought those 2 seperate and i just got my hands on the full set so i don't need both.

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
03-26-2002, 11:58 PM
I know the exact of them both:

Dye SS = .688

Lapco Autospirit - .686

Mild 7
03-27-2002, 04:41 AM
Hey Raven & Ragu:

My Lapco and the stock barrel doesn't wobble when twist and lock into the marker. However, the DYE SS wobbles up and down. It's locked in tight and it ain't going anywhere, but it's kind of annoying when it wobble since it makes that (PING PING PING) sound and it may effect accuracy. Can you guys relate this problems of mine? I have heard others complains about this problems as well, not limited to the DYE SS barrels. Any suggestions regarding this issue as far as solutions?

TheBigRaguPB4L
03-27-2002, 09:33 AM
the only thing that would cause the wobble is the twist lock isn't locking onto the barrel good enough, or the groove in the barrel is worn down. my carbon fiber used to wobble cause it was worn because of its age. just have to do some chop work to it to get it to stick again.