PDA

View Full Version : Revy lid spring?

Kevmag
03-27-2002, 11:36 AM
I took apart my Revy to install the Vortex and X-Board and am having problems with the spring for the lid. Any hints on getting the spring with enough tension in the hole?

Army
03-27-2002, 11:44 AM
Here ya go. This came up a little while ago so I was still able to remember it!

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29921

Kevmag
03-27-2002, 12:00 PM
I did searches on "Revy" and "Revolution" but not Viewloader... Thanks again.

ramsee1
03-27-2002, 12:12 PM
I just lost mine. I hate that spring!

cphilip
03-27-2002, 12:23 PM
Interesting thing happened to me and that spring a few weeks back. I had replaced the right side of a 12V revy and soon after that my kid started complaining about his Hopper busting paint inside. Wouldn't happen every time but every so often. Finally the last time it happened (maybe the third time?) I gave him the back up Hopper to use and he was fine. So I take the troubled revy apart later that weekend and what do I find laying down in the bottom of it? You guessed it! The lid spring. I had accidentaly dropped it off the pin while replacing that revy half a few weeks back and it was laying in there just waiting to snag a ball every once in a while.:rolleyes:

Predater
03-27-2002, 12:43 PM
evry time i take apart a loader at home i just leave the spring out. it doesnt really help. they wear out real quick and dont do much when there new. it just isnt worth the trouble.

Blennidae
03-27-2002, 01:59 PM
Where might I get a replacement spring? Predater, if you don't want yours would you be willing to mail it out?

Kevmag
03-27-2002, 02:45 PM
See if the spring from a tube/pod works if you have a spare laying around.

Poseidon
03-27-2002, 08:53 PM
The first ting I do when I take part a cherry revy is throw that damn thing out. Youbound to lose it soon, and it its ***** to ut back in, not to mention it really doesn't help much.

MikeCouves
03-28-2002, 07:04 AM
Well the reason they have them there, is so while your filling your hopper, the lid doesn't fall back down and reject all your balls to the GROUND. Lol I have seen it happen and it ain't pretty. Yeah a tube on should work fine.

PyRo
03-28-2002, 07:49 AM
Just make sure you have the gun angled correctly so that they don't all spill out and youll be fine. Its kinda hard to spill all the balls if you know what your doing. The hard part is getting them out of the bag into the tubes.

MikeCouves
03-28-2002, 08:36 AM
Ain't that the truth PyRo. Damn bags I am going to make my own little paintball funnel :).

Army
03-28-2002, 09:17 AM
Pyro, Mike: The old local field used a machine that was nothing more than a commercial nut dispenser (put your coin in, pull handle, nuts pour into hand, eat).

He opened up the holes and passage ways so balls could easily pass through, filled guppy's, hoppers, or bags with pre-counted amounts!

scope_1
03-28-2002, 01:30 PM
what i did witch i think is smart :cool: is just get one of those car oil chngers funnel thingys and i cut most of the bottom off so that it could fit 2 balls without getting stuck and i use that it works everytime and it works fast usually id spend 10 minutes putting balls into my hopper and condoms with my brother now its not even a minute each
:p

FordPrefect
03-28-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by scope_1
id spend 10 minutes putting balls into my hopper and condoms with my brother now its not even a minute each
:p

:rolleyes: Hmmmmmmmm.....

Lone Gunman
03-28-2002, 11:28 PM
Ok... I really didn't want to know that but... yeah, that's nice.