PDA

View Full Version : Cheap aspects of my Warp.

The Mag Man
03-27-2002, 07:10 PM
This hose sure does seem preety crappy! Isn't there another, more durable, not so flimsy feeling material these can be made out of? Also, the black plate that covers my circuit board on my Warp, the screws that go into that somewhat striped away the plastic threads inside the shell when screwing them in. Thats really crappy. I barely was using any force at all! Now my screws are all loose and won't stay as tight as they should be, i'm gonna be really mad if one falls out! If this has happend to other Warps, then AGD made preety crappy threads!

Jonno06
03-27-2002, 07:25 PM
LOL,you dont know your own strenght....lol.

did you actually get the right color?i am sure you can find better hoses at a plumbing shot,or at home depot

TheTramp
03-27-2002, 07:28 PM
I think you screwed them in to hard. I haven't had any problem with that.

RT pRo AuToMaG
03-27-2002, 07:28 PM
i got a salution! buy a HALO!!

p8ntballa
03-27-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by RT pRo AuToMaG
i got a salution! buy a HALO!!
no

The hose is probably flimsy to flex around your hopper....ever think of that? And you must have screwed them screws pretty hard to srip them out. When they get tight it means stop screwing them down :rolleyes: Try filling them in with some expoxy (sp?) and rethreading them.

flo
03-27-2002, 07:41 PM
solution, buy halo and warp..

toymyster
03-27-2002, 10:54 PM
Mag Man, when I talked to him, Tom explained that this hose is the best they can get from their supplier!!! If you can find better hose, please let me know, I need some too, and I have been looking!! And for your screw holes, try putting a drop of epoxy or super gule in each stripped hole, be careful as not to fill the hole, that will fix the problem!!! Hope this helped!!!

The Mag Man
03-27-2002, 11:03 PM
Thanks for reading the whole post, I appreciate your support. I'm thinking about searching Scotties or my local hardware store for hose. I hope they have something we can all use. As for epoxy, won't that work like locktight and keep my screws in there all the time?

toymyster
03-28-2002, 02:06 AM
The key is letting the epoxy dry before putting the screws in, I used gap filling Cyanocrylate glue I get from the local hobby shop!!! I put a drop in the stripped hole, that filled the threads in the hole, so the screw cut new threads as it went in!!! It worked like a charm!!!

snakestang
03-28-2002, 05:40 AM
I have had the same problem. What I did was cut a small strip of heat shrink and put it around the threads of the screw. Then screw it in. Worked perfect as I have taken them out a few times since and they continue to hold it tight. The hose thing I have yet to fix. Hope this helps.
Chris

Paintballer86
03-28-2002, 09:55 AM
I am going to drive over to home Depot today and find some clear or colered hoses that I can use for my warp. I think that will look pretty cool. I wil keep you guys updated.

Jonno06
03-28-2002, 10:00 AM
his hopper wont fit in his feed neck either...what should He do,i already told him,but hes stubborn.

toymyster
03-28-2002, 10:08 AM
That's simple enough!!! Using sandpaper, shave down the neck on your hopper till you get a good fit!!!

Army
03-28-2002, 10:39 AM
Don't use any Cyano glue, unless you don't plan on ever accessing the Warp board again. Shrink tubing, or teflon taoe is much smarter.

Jonno06
03-28-2002, 11:02 AM
no,jis hopper is too small....i dont know how,it just is...

hitech
03-28-2002, 01:25 PM
What is the problem with the hose? I don't see any problem with the hose. I, too, am worried about the back plate screws. Haven't stripped them, yet.

the JoKeR
03-28-2002, 01:47 PM
You might also try a marine (boat) supplier for hose. Personally, I like the stuff from AGD because it's easy to find (although a little pricy) and it bends easily. I've taken hits in the hose and haven't had it crack... yet...

toymyster
03-28-2002, 06:24 PM
CY glue will not stick to anything after it dries, the key is you must let it dry!!! My problem is the I had the warp set up on a diferrent gun, and the hose is now just barely long enough for my gun!!!