PDA

View Full Version : valve for 110 cft. tank...

jim bond
03-27-2002, 07:16 PM
Hi, Guys...
I purchased a 4500-psi fibre wrapped tank,It has a 3500-psi
3-bar din valve on it,3500 psi service pressure and disc burst pressure of 5250.
My local shop will not fill the tank to the 4500-psi rating,stating the the service valve is rated to low..
the burst disc would rupture,He doesn't have a replacement..."catch 22" I lose"
I have called luxfer,e-mailed scott-air and called other paintball suppliers,all with no luck on finding a vavle that will work..I have tried finding a scba valve with no luck...."If it would fit"
Thankful for any help.....Jim

[email protected] or post here....thanks

cphilip
03-28-2002, 07:35 AM
Well this sure sounds like a hybrid monster you got. I am not sure I am following you. I was under the imprssesion that DIN valves were diving valves (European style and high pressure types at that) So this is on a Steel high pressure SCUBA? I do not know what you mean by finding a Valve. Are you looking for a Fill Station for it or to replace the valve with a J valve?

jim bond
03-28-2002, 10:18 PM
Its a composite tank..26"x4.65" 114 cft. it has a din/scuba valve on it now,allows only 3500 psi..
Talked with Luxfer and Scott air/its the same tank the rescue/fireman use for scba breathing systems...
I have to match up the threads,with either a scott air valve or a msa valve,then put an adaptor on/in the fitting and I can use the scuba fill station...there-for boosting my reserve air alot...top my tanks off at 4500 psi,play alot longer with-out having to fill...SWEET SET UP REALLY..
tank is light about 5-8 lbs.
fill alot of tanks for other players also...

cphilip
03-29-2002, 08:22 AM
OK now I am up to speed with you. Its a SCBA tank then. Not a SCUBA. Take out the U for Underwater! Then you got Self Contained Breathing Aparatus or SCBA. Was looking at that myself back a ways but never saw one that big. I had two smaller backpack ones that only went to 2200 psi so it was not practicle to do. Have you had any luck with the fittings? Keep us up to date on this. Sounds like an interesting project.