PDA

View Full Version : Cirque du Soleil

Magic37220
03-27-2002, 08:22 PM
Just saw my second show in Orlando over Spring Break. I've seen "La Nouba" and "Dralion" so far. I am now officially a Cirque freak. Some of the stuff they do is insane! I really want to go to Las Vegas, they have three shows there, including "O", which is the show completely in water! I was wondering who else here is a Cirque fan. Post back with the shows you've been to and how you liked them.

mikey101
03-27-2002, 08:47 PM
Ya, i'm also a pretty big fan, I havn't seen any of them live due to the insane ticket prices they have(they wanted $65 per person at the downtown disney place!) But i have seen many of them on Bravo. They play a lot of cirque du soleil. The shows that i've seen on there i know of were Dralion, Quidam, and Novvelle. There was another I saw called what I think was Saltimracu, but i'm not sure if that's the correct name. But the acrobatics they perform in these shows are just stunning! most of them just look completely impossible! Althogh over all, my favorite "skit" would have to be the guy in the big ring who holds on in the middle of it and rolls around all over! it's amazing!

krafty
03-27-2002, 08:52 PM
How bizarre... I just pulled out my Cirque Du Soleil denim jacket out of the upstairs closet for the warmer weather. :)

I think there's 2 shows in Vegas, not 3. I saw O and Mystere out there last spring, and I've seen La Nouba twice! (Opening week and again last year). So far, La Nouba is my favorite, but O is a close second. Mystere is good, but I just didn't get into it.

Up next is going to be Quidam at the Palace in Detroit this summer. I can't wait! (Along with going back to vegas in the fall so I can catch O again, along with Blue Man Group).

mikey101
03-27-2002, 09:06 PM
can someone set me straight here - Is Cirque du Soleil like a French circus or what? I've never really gotten a straight answer.

krafty
03-27-2002, 09:13 PM
Circus of the Sun I think is the translation... it's french-canadian, i believe. Not a circus like you may think of, with lions and elephants and such. It's more about storytelling with acrobatics, clowns, music, and set design. VERY VERY cool....

-Jôker-
03-27-2002, 10:10 PM
hey ive seen a movie oin that!! that count?? man im post whorin tonight baddddaaaddd :D

Magic37220
03-28-2002, 06:53 AM
A third one is being build in Las Vegas now.

Mango
03-28-2002, 12:54 PM
I've seen "La Nouba" twice, the second time they pulled me on stage for the bicycle guy to jump over!!!! I also saw Dralion when it traveled around the country. I own all the DVD's they have too. haha. The shows they do are just amazing. I hope to get out the Vegas and see "O" sometime. :)

Dr.StockClass
03-28-2002, 01:09 PM
Love it. I've seen most of them on video. Some of my favorites are the contortionists. The "clowns" are always hillarious.

Omicron
03-29-2002, 04:04 PM
I love Cirque Du Soleil! My favorite one is Quidam, music is pretty cool too...

They do so many insane things!