PDA

View Full Version : SECONDARY REGULATORS why not use 'em?

max-mag
03-27-2002, 10:45 PM
I have heard from alot of people that you shouldn't put a secondary regulator (Gen-X, Palmers, Vigalante, etc.) on 'mags, why do ppl say this? is it true? I have a gen-x on my gun and dont have problems, in fact, it lets me adjust the reactivness of my trigger.

a_malfunction
03-27-2002, 11:48 PM
It can starve the gun. You are tripple regging your system. It doesnt need the extra reg. Just use an adjustable tank.

PyRo
03-28-2002, 05:34 AM
An ajustable tank is a better idea then an extra reg. A reg will reduce the air flow to your valve. When set up properly an extra reg won't hurt your valve. It however will provide no preformance gain. The only exeption to this is with the retro you can ajust your reactivness somewhat. If you have an ajustable output tank, or a stock valve do not even bother with an ajustable reg, it will do more harm then good. Properly set up on a retro you can ajust your trigger somewhat. The valve needs an input around 650+ because the built in reg takes it down to 400. The inline reg you put on will need an input then of about 800+. This allows you to ajust the pressure going into your valve by about 50psi either way.

MikeCouves
03-28-2002, 06:39 AM
OMG PyRo I was just looking at the last poster to like all the threads, and your there for like the top 15!! I can't let that happen ;).

PyRo
03-28-2002, 07:33 AM
Post whore!

MikeCouves
03-28-2002, 08:37 AM
Who?? Me? Nah...;).

Army
03-28-2002, 09:24 AM
Max-Mag, since you are running a Hyperflow already, you don't need the third reg. Adjust your trigger with the Hyper. Too many regs trying to open and close at the same time, only makes for restricted flow.

BTW; Howdy local boy! I live over by Laguna lake (golf course) We should hook up and go play in the riverbed up in Atascadero or at Brads place out on 41. Did you know there is a 5 man tourney on the 20th? Call or go to Paintball Palace for details....tell all your friends at SLO-high (or Laguna middle...or Poly if you go there!)

I just read your profile!! I know who you are now! hahaha! If I had known that you had a Hyperflow, I would have stopped you before you got the Gen-X at PP. OK, never mind the above^.

max-mag
03-28-2002, 05:05 PM
the centerflag HYPERFLOW is the preset version, its the centerflag DYNAFLOW that adjustable, but i got that reg for 60 bucks, and i still can kinda adjust my trigger characteristics, and i sold my RT valve to my friend who wanted it very badly for a tourney (sold ot for $300) so i have my old valve again, i'm thinking about getting a Z-valve, i thought I'd ask you first though if they are any good

Oh, and you say you live near the laguna golf course...my dad )i live at my mom's one week, and my dad's the next week) lives in the windermere condo's that are on Oceanaire street, they are about a 1 min. drive from Laguna golf, and i go to School in A-town at the high school, ill e-mail you about playing, i have your e-mail from earlier.

1shot
03-28-2002, 10:59 PM
OK. So my tank is not adjustable, but I have a Pure Energy reg on the RT.. I set it to around 500 - 800 (the gun is new and I am trying to find the best setting). Should I remove the regualtor? Or leave it and just adjust it for trigger pull?

bob

Predater
03-29-2002, 02:21 PM
higher the input the better. there are only 2 people at the field i play at that can controll the trigger on my 2 rt's. me and the guy i baught them from. they are set at 900 and its great. just dont do more than 3 round bursts with the trigger bounce or youl chop cuz its not got halo or warp. full auto at will is great inbetwene games. it really freaks out the nubies. by full auto i mean the triggar bounce.