PDA

View Full Version : Mancow & 70 paintballs shot in 3 secs?

Gunga
03-28-2002, 09:32 AM
Some dude called Mancow this morning and claimed to have a $3000 paintball gun that'd shoot 70 paintballs in 3 seconds. :rolleyes:

I guess he paid extra to have more elves put in his gun & hopper? :)

After the call, Mancow promo'd the event, mentioning himself & Shatner. No TK...but then, TK isn't a celebrity outside of us paintball geeks.

Mancow also said the event was 8 hours? Maybe he's only gonna be there for 8 hours...

AllAmericanMag
03-28-2002, 09:59 AM
Xen got it recorded.
http://xenoa0.tripod.com/mancow.zip
THanks again Xen!

toymyster
03-28-2002, 10:01 AM
He was thinking about how many welts he'll end up with, and confused it with how many shots his gun can do!!!!

Jonno06
03-28-2002, 10:05 AM
um...that file isnt downloadable because its hosted by tripod or something.Thats what it says atleast when I click it.

shartley
03-28-2002, 10:07 AM
Right click and then "save target as".

Xen
03-28-2002, 10:15 AM
yea np... one of these days ill have to call in on the show and ask him why he never mentions tom

shartley
03-28-2002, 10:16 AM
Because it is a Radio Show and the general public has NO idea who Tom is?

AllAmericanMag
03-28-2002, 10:27 AM
Tell me before you do Xen! I wanna hear!

Mango
03-28-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by shartley
Because it is a Radio Show and the general public has NO idea who Tom is?

Yes but, if no one calls and asks him to say "Tom Kaye, president of AGD" then no one will EVER know. See my point. All he would have to do is say something like that a few times. If NO one mentions him, then the public will never know.

shartley
03-28-2002, 01:40 PM
I was not commenting on people calling, or if they should or shouldn't... I was commenting on why he (Mancow) has never mentioned the name Tom Kaye... And that is because it means nothing to the general public.

By all means, if hearing Tom's name will make people happy, call.... I was not saying not to. ;) But I get a kick out of the fact that over 2000 e-mails were send by AO members because Tom "told" them to, and he STILL gets no airtime... LOL

However, I am sure one well placed call while on the air would work perfectly. ;) Shows that MIGHT is not always the most powerful thing. Brute force is often not what gets the best results.

Tom is all for experiments, right? Try this...

Take your fist and place it on your opposite forearm.
Now press down as hard as you can.

What happened?

Now take a pin and place it on the SAME spot.
Push it!

What happened?

ahhhhhh....

FordPrefect
03-28-2002, 02:48 PM
Maybe the guy has an Emag that he just paid WAY to much for. I mean, 70 balls in 3 second is a little less than 24 BPS, maybe he has FA somehow and has a Halo on Warpfeed, and, uh, some other stuff, and LOTS OF ELVES. Then he could do it.

epterry
03-28-2002, 05:05 PM
He must have lepricons. elves cant work that fast only mettle( as in agd guns)and lepricons.:D :D

mongrel
03-28-2002, 06:10 PM
Tom should take that double body mini Emag.
that should shut mancow up when he gets lit up.

Butch Borsic
03-28-2002, 08:22 PM
Kyle a tech from AGD converted his double mainbody mini-mag to a double emag. I've seen it, but last time i saw him with it he was having some problems with synconizing (however the hell you spell it). that was last November, maybe he's got it working now??????:D :confused: :D