PDA

View Full Version : to all those who play at Challenge Park...

CFD323
03-28-2002, 10:06 AM
A whole bunch of my friends from work are going down to play for a guy's bachelor party next week and I don't know if they're just gonna play an open game or do the private game thing. There's a couple of different "levels" when playing open game, or so I've heard. If they all are using rentals in an open game, can I still play at their level if I have an Emag and all my own stuff ? Or do I have to play at the advanced level ?

Xen
03-28-2002, 10:20 AM
well when I go to CPX it is always open, i havent been to a private game so im not sure there. They don't seperate players due to skill or what marker they have, so you can play against timmys angels mags cockers with rentals. They do try to even the teams so that the same # of rentals and more experianced are on both teams.

I hope that helped any.

ChloroFiend
03-28-2002, 12:06 PM
At the old Challenge Park, they had open pump, open semi, and open advanced. Semi was semi rentals, and advanced was anything goes. At Challenge Xtreme, its all "advanced" play. They send groups out to the different fields at intervals...usually every 20 mins or so. Bedlam (the city) and Armageddon (The nuked city) are right next to the staging area, and run games continuously....just hop into line and you get to play.

Fields id recommend: Bedlam, Armageddon, Fort Courage, the Temple.

Secret trick for the temple field...

Take the far flag station. at the whistle blow, book *** down the tapeline closest to bedlam, and stick right on the tape line. You should be able to run right along the tapelines to within 50 feet of the other flag station without being seen.

boss_automager
03-28-2002, 12:54 PM
I'm going to Chicago in May and thinking about playing there is it crowded?

AllAmericanMag
03-28-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by boss_automager
I'm going to Chicago in May and thinking about playing there is it crowded?

Can be, really depends on the weather.

ChloroFiend, that's the exact tactic I used last time at Temple, worked like a charm :)

ChloroFiend
03-28-2002, 01:31 PM
I've never really had a problem with it being too crowded. Id still recommend getting there early, so as to get a good picnic table spot. Close to the fill house is better, so you can hear the announcements of games going out. You may see a bunch of people there, but id say over half of the people there are private games. Id almost recommend getting a private game if you and a bunch of peeps are going out...you get to pick what fields you play, get your own refs...never have to wait to go and shoot...on the downside, you cant play against the walk-ons, except on 'geddon and Bedlam.

FordPrefect
03-28-2002, 01:58 PM
The only thing about CPX is the paint. It is okay paint, but $100 a case is outrageous. Otherwise it is a pretty cool place.

azheat99
03-28-2002, 02:12 PM
I thought $70/case for Big Ball was bad!

FordPrefect
03-28-2002, 02:41 PM
Well, actually it is a lot less in scenario games and tournies, but for rec-ball its a whopping 100.

Bartleby
03-28-2002, 03:01 PM
it's only $100 if you buy the good stuff, which happens to be the exact same paint as the less expensive stuff. atleast it use to be. whenever i go i never spend over $60 on paint, $20 a bag -vs- $25.

FordPrefect
03-28-2002, 03:23 PM
The last few times I've went, there has only been the "good" stuff. Which I think, in the winter, is Polar Ice.

Xen
03-28-2002, 03:55 PM
CPX opens at 9 I HIGHLY recomend getting there at 9 or befor... by 10 there is a HUGE line to get in and they are very slow :)

kemikos
03-28-2002, 04:11 PM
There are two types of open games at the new Challenge Park. Most of them are Open Advanced; anyone can play, any type of marker, you're good to go. The other type is Open Beginner: open to rental semis and personal pump guns only. You can play in OB with a thousand dollar Carter stock-class gun, but not with your plastic Stingray. Figure that one out... :rolleyes:

Paint is $80 a case for RP Premium, $100 a case for whatever their higher-end paint is, and $100 for Polar Ice in the winter. The higher cost of paint in the winter is somewhat offset by the fact that they often waive the registration fee on cold days.

As far as fields go, I'd agree with Chloro, but I'd add Wastelands in the wintertime (it's too muddy when it's warm) and Widowmaker (get your team in the ditch first!).

JJBrookshire
03-28-2002, 04:20 PM
FYI The paint for THE big scenario game will start at .03/ball. There will be RP, BE & JT available and perhaps others (negotiating at this time).

DryIce
03-28-2002, 04:44 PM
i take it its field paint only?

JJBrookshire
03-28-2002, 04:50 PM
It is and .01/ball goes to charity.

FordPrefect
03-28-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by JJBrookshire
FYI The paint for THE big scenario game will start at .03/ball.

Walks up to paint counter, "I would like 173 paintballs, please!" You give them a five dollar bill and a quarter.

I like it when people price things "per ball" in paintball, or maybe, some day, someone will sell sugar "per grain", like $.0004 a grain.

JJBrookshire
03-28-2002, 08:46 PM
I posted the prices per ball since there may be cases with different quantities. Some cases are sold as 2000 balls others as 1800 count and still others in 2500 ball increments. The "per ball" price is so that you can see the price/value offered. I could have said $75 per case referring to 2500 count cases and the readers may have felt that the price was too high since Challenge Park often sells paint in 1800 count cases and that is what they thought I was referring to. Since we will offer various brands of paint, I felt (and still do) that quoting the price per ball would be more accurate.

FordPrefect
03-28-2002, 08:54 PM
Yeah, I understand all of that, but you just made me do all of that work(whipping out a calculator), so I thought that I'd make a joke of it.